Teecee

Mt Beauty has vanished

Question

For some time now I have been unable to see Mt Beauty.. some of the buildings appear OK but no Airstrip.. I have mark Lee's file in my system, but as i said, no airstrip.. Clues anyone? Teecee.

Mt beauty.jpg

13 answers to this question

Hi Teecee,

Do you have another version (possibly bundled with others; ie just an AFCAD file?) turned on?.
You may have to do a search for it, and any other AFCAD file/s other than the one you want, maybe disable it, renaming by adding ".off" after the ".bgl".
When I do this, I add two "zz" at the front, so then it's easy to find it if you need to restore the name.
   I have found a few now, that I have had to do this to, otherwise they 'hide' the runway texture & other airfield ground textures.
Another possibility is simply to find any other one; in the FSX Scenery Selection window & untick it/them?.
Do you have the airfield code?. I search that. ^_^

I have one file by Mark many years ago MWL_YMBT_PLC.bgl also one 500_LC_8745_Mt_ Beauty.bgl and one 300_LC8745_Mt_Beauty_Poly.Bgl

Does this help at all? Teecee.

Posted (edited)

Hi Terry,

Looks like FTX AU is OK but you are missing files, OZx Mark W Lee's YMBT -  CVX, OBJ, PLC, PR1, PR2, as listed below. 

300_LC8745_Mt_Beauty_Poly.Bgl  &  500_LC_8745_Mt_ Beauty.bgl   are  Orbx AU SP4 Region -  Custom LandClass and will be fine (These are needed).

You should have as part of OZx complete v3.5  to display Mt Beauty
mwl_YMBT_CVX.bgl
mwl_YMBT_OBX.bgl
mwl_YMBT_PLC.bgl
mwl_YMBT_PR1.bgl
mwl_YMBT_PR2.bgl

You would also have in your (TC_Folder\Scenery) your own Instant Sceneries modifications to YMBT -  TC_Mt_beauty_IS.bgl

See pics below, my FSX file search and pics of Mt Beauty YMBT

4067f4b9b930aae8071241c85dc86aa0.jpg

f9b5c217f12cf763d70d263b910ed46c.jpg

7a09d9c6b9576bb0370abc27ef7a1f7f.jpg

9c692451673ebfafb5eb4613c7a686e4.jpg

2157fa35997bcce90ee95dcfa451c4fb.png

Edited by Jethro-VH-JET

Thanks Noel -  You can call me Gunga...... but don't call me, late for Din....ner.     Ha Ha Ha Ha!!:smile:

Thanks folkes. So a reinstall of Ozx complete should do the trick..I will do that right now and report back..Teecee.

Posted (edited)

Just re DL and reinstalled Ozx libraries and scenery V3.4 and still missing Marks files for YMBT..is there a separate DL for his files? Teecee.

Edited by Teecee

14 hours ago, Jethro-VH-JET said:

Thanks Noel -  You can call me Gunga...... but don't call me, late for Din....ner.     Ha Ha Ha Ha!!:smile:

Ho~Kaye Jethro ^_^ hehe :smile:
May your dinners always be on-thyme. :popcorn:

Here's another thought.. Could someone that has all the files of Mark's for mount Beauty possibly post them on Dropbox? It's a big ask, I know, but honestly, I really miss this great airport.. Teecee.

Hi Terry,

Are you sure you have installed all the OZx  packs  3.0 > 3.1 > 3.2 > 3.3 > 3.4 > 3.5 + Libs 1.0 > 1.1 > 1.2 

I have searched the OZx manuals PDF's for Mt Beauty  and the only mention of Mt Beauty was in OZx 3.0  as a label on a picture, so I'm thinking Mt Beauty is installed by that pack.

Thanks Noel.

Hang about, this may be all my fault as I have not run the earlier releases for yonks.

I understood that 3.5 was a combined installer of all the earlier releases and that is all I have run in some time.

Was I wrong? Teecee.

Yes Terry. Install from OZx 3.0 right through to 3.5 and LIB 1.0 through to 1.2. That should set you right.