JohnY

Dodo

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the Dodo will be updated to P3Dv3.4 soon.      I've been holding on rather than take a chance on some of the other stuff that's out there.

If its not, can anyone recommend a decent helicopter of the Dodo type please? 

The reason I'm asking is because the Dodo is the only helicopter is the only one I've ever been able to achieve a near hover in.:(

John

14 hours ago, JohnY said:

Does anyone know if the Dodo will be updated to P3Dv3.4 soon.      I've been holding on rather than take a chance on some of the other stuff that's out there.

If its not, can anyone recommend a decent helicopter of the Dodo type please? 

The reason I'm asking is because the Dodo is the only helicopter is the only one I've ever been able to achieve a near hover in.:(

John

there has been marked improvements in helo FDE in the past yrs, all honestly I havent touched or install the dodo in several years, with the latest releases and with HTR with the older ones, the dodo isnt or has been king of the mountain in a while

Thanks for your tip about the FSX Dodo Sue and for the information Matt.

However, knowing me to be an idiot, I wouldn't trust myself to do what your suggesting Sue. 

In view of the information you've supplied Matt, can either of you suggest a suitable alternative please?  I'm using the default Bell at present and it's pretty good but it is boring to use the same one all the time.

Many thanks.

Have a nice and enjoyable Christmas both of you.

John

John, what sue is suggesting is fairly simple however if your willing to try new helos

I would suggest the , Milviz 407, 530 and the huey redux, the Cerasim models are also quite simple and fun

however I would avoid the ND 350, 355, ec130 and BK117 and the new gazelles from MP designs

The R66 I'm sure is the default helo in P3D and pretty good it is too.  And I really don't want two of them.

I've had a look at your suggestions Matt and none of them are advertised as suitable for P3dv3.4 so I'm holding off for a while longer.

Thanks all the same and happy new year to you both.

John

the milviz and ceras work fine in 3.4 as i use them both

16 hours ago, jeansy said:

the milviz and ceras work fine in 3.4 as i use them both

Does the Milviz 407 have engine starting issues like the MD530? I have tried everything to get a realistic start with the 530 but it never seems consistent and have basically given up on using it. It seems incredible that so many Milviz customers have complained about this problem in various forums and after all this time, this engine starting issue has not been adequately resolved. I would have liked to try the 407 but have been reluctant to purchase another Milviz product until they fix the 530. I also have the Cera 212 and UH-60 which are fun for a while but I always end up back with the Dodo 206.  Even though it is an old product, everything just "feels" right with it even in the latest version of P3D. I have not reinstalled the Dodo since I originally installed it in FSX, but just copied and pasted the Dodo folders into the SimObjects\Rotorcraft folder in P3Dv2.4 and now into P3Dv3.4 without any issues.

zv38ck.jpg

ive never had start issues in with the 530 or 407, it starts perfectly if the start up procedure is followed, again this is highlighted in the MV forums,

MILVIZ SALE 04 January 2016

So... It seems it's the Boss's big b-day today, and in order to celebrate, we're throwing a one day sale on most of our product line!

Please enter the code SAVE50 in your shopping cart to receive 50% off your purchase. (The place to enter it shows up once you click the text that reads "Got a code?")

We couldn't quite sneak everything past the boss however: the Advanced Series T-38A, as well as the F-4J/S (and any bundles containing the F-4J/S) won't be available for purchase for the duration of the sale.

Enjoy the sale - it ends when his birthday does, on January 5th!

The R-22 is one of the default helis John. The R-66 is Big Brother ! It flys a lot better than the default R-22, or I wouldn't recommend it.

Sue