Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

JohnY

LM P3D and the sun

5 posts in this topic

I always found the size of the sun in P3D too small for my liking so some time ago, I enlarged it in the cfg  but I wouldn't mind
enlarging it a little more but with v.3.4 I can no longer find it in the cfg.

I'm wondering if any of you found the little dot LM had for the sun as irritating as I did but also if any of you know where they've damn well hidden it?

John

Hi Jorge

In previous versions of P3D the sun and moon sizes were listed in the main cfg and you just altered the size figures to suit yourself.   But they don't seem to be in there with my v3.4.

I suppose I could revert the scenery back to v.3.3, find them in that cfg, enlarge them and go back to v3.4 which doesn't actuall alter them strangely enough.

To be honest,  I don't like to muck about with it too much as its running beautifully at present an its such a small niggle and as I've a history of flight sim' insanity:rolleyes:  I don't really want to risk anything.

They must be somewhere in V3.4 but I can't think where else they may be and I was rather hoping someone else would know.

Never mind.

John

Hi Jorge

I know its been a long time but i found the sun.  Its in 'C\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv2\suneffect.cfg'

I've moved the size up to 3000.  Much more realistic, especially in Australia, New Zealand etc.

John

Edited by JohnY

Good one John , it was starting to get a bit cold without it...:rolleyes:... really it is a very good find!! thank you

Jorge