Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

I heard a story last night about Bob Ansett from John Elliott.  John said that if Bob ever got a letter sent to him that had his name miss spelt....he would just rip it up and throw it out.  "I never got that letter...!?"

Good onya Bob!

That is a great paint Matt!

I wasnt really happy with the last one i did so a complete new Niugini scheme for v3

2016-8-14_17-21-41-723.png

lovely stuff, though I am beginning to see double I think....must be my age..

On 30/08/2016 at 6:32 PM, jankees said:

lovely stuff, though I am beginning to see double I think....must be my age..

Sorry, Did I double up on one of your serials?

3 hours ago, jeansy said:

Sorry, Did I double up on one of your serials?

no, but your pictures show a lot of the same aircraft (I think)...

which looks good btw!

here's my version:

ss14309.jpg

phew I thought i doubled up oo a rego of yours

Yeah sadly i stoped at one scheme, as I ran out of time to do others

liking yours !

On 8/16/2016 at 4:24 PM, jeansy said:

2016-8-16_15-52-27-222.png

Has the silver RAN Dakota been released yet.

Ron Smith. ex Dak Crew.

8 hours ago, youngharry said:

Has the silver RAN Dakota been released yet.

Ron Smith. ex Dak Crew.

Good question, well asked

I have NFI what happened, i have to check my downloads HD and see if I saved it,

Looking at the  date of the posts they are pre hard drive failure

I will have a look around  and hopefully  find it and upload it

Ahhh, [email protected] I knew i was supposed to do something tonight, sorry mate I was recalled back mid evening for a problem at work and another thing that was external

I only got back not long ago and im a little bit "puffed" and in need of a "LLD"

I have a makers around lunch  tomorrow so I should be able to have a look for that file or template otherwise I will have to start from scratch again 

***late entry, sorry I cant find the zip files for both Navy Daks or the the paint kit I was using, sorry Ron you may have to wait a little while for it

16 hours ago, jeansy said:

Ahhh, [email protected] I knew i was supposed to do something tonight, sorry mate I was recalled back mid evening for a problem at work and another thing that was external

I only got back not long ago and im a little bit "puffed" and in need of a "LLD"

I have a makers around lunch  tomorrow so I should be able to have a look for that file or template otherwise I will have to start from scratch again 

***late entry, sorry I cant find the zip files for both Navy Daks or the the paint kit I was using, sorry Ron you may have to wait a little while for it

No hurry, Matt.

I have a fridge full of Tiger. Still love that stuff.

Ron.

although youre a birdie and Im a deck ape in I'm sure I can cater for you , what was your birds number and I will pull some pics and do a paint

Tiger, ive lost way too much stomach lining because of that stuff and I cant say I have great memories either to match the stories or charges

I'll pass thanks

The Dak I spent most time in started out as VJ-ORB. We did the gun alignments for the new West Head Gunnery Emplacement as well as alignments for ships coming out of refit from Willytown. She had a long life and ended up as N2-23, with NW on the tail fin and 801 0n the nose. 

I did a Show Card and Ticket Writing course at the Nowra Tech College and helped a bloke named Prof Edwards paint the ROYAL AUSTRALIAN NAVY on the fuselage. I reckon I had a good time.

Ron Smith.