Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Flukey

released
YSBK - Bankstown has now been sent for testing!

26 posts in this topic

Looks great! 

Have been looking forward to Bankstown several years now, so this is very good news to me.

Together with the release of OZx 3.5 this absolutely calls for a donation B)

Michael

There was a time when YSBK was the busiest airport in the southern hemisphere, around 1968-70, based on the number of TO's and landings per hour if I remember correctly.

It looks to me like Flukey's offering might just bring back the good old days for us.

Thanks heaps for all you hard work mate.. Teecee.

I can tell you now it is a very well populated airport. While checking out the JF Meteor I was parked at the Terminal at YSBK and in the half hour I was there I saw a constant stream of aircraft taxiing past and also landing and taking off. To me it appears to be even busier than YMMB.

I'm amazed at the amount of rotary traffic at Bankstown these days, I wouldn't be surprised if they outnumber fixed wing movements!

Flukey can't say it enough mate, a huge well done on this project. You certainly didn't start small, you just went for the big one straight up. there some big developer plums mate....lol

Im sure it will be a global hit mate with all the simmers...

Well done Flukey..What a great effort.Teecee.

Thanks but fbk289 and Gazza both deserve the recognition as well since they both contributed to this project and in big ways...

Sorry, i was not aware of that..

Thanks Guys, looks like a job that has been needed since the origins of FSX/Prepar3d has finally come to fruition, and it's all down to you guys, Magic!What a treat!. Teecee.

Magic indeed - this will fill a gaping hole in Sydney coverage - thanks heaps guys.

Cheers

9 hours ago, Teecee said:

Sorry, i was not aware of that..

Thanks Guys, looks like a job that has been needed since the origins of FSX/Prepar3d has finally come to fruition, and it's all down to you guys, Magic!What a treat!. Teecee.

Your welcome Teecee, and thanks everyone for your support so far. We've all been looking forward to a Bankstown scenery for a long time now and I'm sure you'll enjoy our new release.

I'm looking at doing more scenery for OZx too, particularly in and around Sydney so stay tuned for more!

" I'm looking at doing more scenery for OZx too, particularly in and around Sydney so stay tuned for more! "

Now that is great news, Sydney was my home for many years, and I have always regretted the lack of detailed scenery in the area..Thanks so much for this news. Teecee.

9 hours ago, Teecee said:

Sydney was my home for many years, and I have always regretted the lack of detailed scenery in the area..Thanks so much for this news. Teecee.

Have you been flying around with OZx 3.5 in yet Teecee? it has for the Sydney basin:

Rosehill Heliport
Kennetts Strip
A representation of The Oaks airstrip including township

Visual reference points such as
Dural Tanks
Galston Power grid
Paatonga
Dangar island
Warragamba Dam
Bringelly
Mayfield
Menangle Paceway
Choppers, West/South & North
Fort Denison

Appin – West Cliff colliery

Canterbury Racecourse

I downloaded them, and I have seen some of them, but my sim crashed and I have spent what little time I have off the feeding tube trying to reinstall it..It's a huge job, over 170gig, but I will get there eventually. Of course this means that I have all these items to find, and probably the finished YSBK too. What a treat :smile:. Teecee.

7 hours ago, mhlarsen said:

Any news on Bankstown?

28 minutes ago, Aussieman said:

Still ironing out some bugs.

It shouldn't be too long, not due to any bugs, testing is going well nothing major has jumped out its just I'm on holidays at the moment enjoying some time away with my family so more then likely it'll be a mid September release...

On 30/08/2016 at 9:19 AM, Flukey said:

It shouldn't be too long, not due to any bugs, testing is going well nothing major has jumped out its just I'm on holidays at the moment enjoying some time away with my family so more then likely it'll be a mid September release...

Now that Im back on deck we are just waiting on the BETA testers to give final approval and hopefully we can get this released ASAP

On 9/7/2016 at 2:04 PM, Flukey said:

Now that Im back on deck we are just waiting on the BETA testers to give final approval and hopefully we can get this released ASAP

Not that I'm excited or impatient, but... Bbbbut. ARE WE THERE YET? :D 

Can't wait to get my hands on this scenery!

Edited by DaVeD3

Hello and happy new year! ^_^ 

I have been waiting for this to be released for months!! So excited! hope it will be out soon..