Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

TreeTops

OZx Scenery :: OZx v3.5 Upgrade

OZx v3.5 Upgrade

OZx is proud to introduce OZx_AUS 3.5, our latest upgrade to the Australian virtual bush flying experience! This package includes over 18 new airstrips, a heliport, a 2016 listing of oilrigs and over 20 points of interest around Australia, from the harsh, sun burnt inland areas of Queensland and New South Wales, to the scattering of many Visual Reference Points (VRP) and airstrips around Sydney, South to Strahan in lush Tasmania, and right across to picturesque salt lakes in Western Australia.

From small bush strips like Quilpie and Marulan to regional airports such as Bourke and Hay, this package will suit whatever your taste is!

OZx 3.5 is the result of many hours of effort from our developers and testers. This package is a testimony to each of their efforts, and we all hope you enjoy this new scenery as much as we did creating it!  

The OZx Team, July 2016

Installation Instructions

1. Download and run the two OZx_3.5 Installer files. The installer will find your FSX or P3D root folder automatically.

(Note - Do not install in any sub folder.)

2. Ensure that “OZx_AUS” & “OZx_LIB” are enabled in the FSX Scenery Library and above FTX

3. Check the “OZx_Extras_Readme.pdf” file in your “Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\OZx\User_Docs” folder and install any items of interest.

OZx_v3.5_Manual.pdf

Not sure if the new OZx 3.5 has been published already. I get an error:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2D161/2

2 hours ago, Aussieman said:

Not sure what happened but I downloaded the file but there is no PDF just the MS Word readme.

The manual is above in the file description

I know that I have not been a regular on the forums for a while, and I had my reasons, but apart from that, thank you so much for improving the country that is NUMBER 1 in my heart.. I know that you developers have slaved over your hot computers for many months to bring us this, and you need to know how much your hard work and efforts is appreciated. Thanks again..Teecee.

I know that I have not been a regular on the forums for a while, and I had my reasons, but apart from that, thank you so much for improving the country that is NUMBER 1 in my heart.. I know that you developers have slaved over your hot computers for many months to bring us this, and you need to know how much your hard work and efforts is appreciated. Thanks again..Teecee.

And Terry, just for you we added an airport in your favourite state. Strahan in Tasmania.

Hi and thankyou so much to all involved in this great update.

I have a problem that others may also be experiencing (but not related to the 3.5 update).
In my Australian NZ PNG scenery I'm seeing an awful lot of two-story buildings in country as well as city areas. My guess is I have a problem with the Control Panel (FTXCentral) updates & relevant auto-generated scenery??.
Is there a problem with auto-scenery being inserted from the wrong world areas?. If so how do I fix this?. I've tried 'forcing' things in the FTXCentral control panel, but made no difference.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Noel, some screenshots of the affected airports will be a help. If they are concerned with the V3.5 screenshots will help us identify what could be causing your problem.

Hi Aussieman,

Had a chat with Bruce this evening, will select a couple of 'problem' areas take screen-grabs & go from there. Maybe next couple of days I hope. Will include nearest airstrips & lat/long. Later.
Thanks for your offer to assist, greatly appreciated. ^_^

" And Terry, just for you we added an airport in your favourite state. Strahan in Tasmania. "

Thanks old lad, I have to admit that I had not spotted that yet..had to leave the computer right after DL yesterday (dragged away kicking and screaming) and I just  got back on. First stop today..Strahan.. Whooohooo!!. Teecee