Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

JayKae

australia
Staff Scenery :: OZx Australian Defence Force AI

9 posts in this topic

OZx Australian Defence Force AI

Please note you will need at least 1.2GB of free hard disk space to fully install the  AI PACK, , everything is explained in the manual.

Warning: This Installer install path is incorrect

When installing you will need to type the word Microsoft in the install path or select the correct path to ensure it reads the following

#:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulation X. (No slash between Microsoft and Flight, all you have to do is add the word Microsoft.)

falling to do this, the installer will install to the incorrect path  C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulation X and it will not work in the sim.

NOT TESTED IN P3D

On 22/04/2009 at 7:16 PM, JayKae said:

OZx Australian Defence Force AI

Please note you will need at least 1.2GB of free hard disk space to fully install the  AI PACK, , everything is explained in the manual.

Hello JayKae, we have met before on the Orbx Forum where I am HWH86. I have downloaded your ADF_AI add-on and installed it more than once but it does not appear anywhere in FSX, like it does not exist. I would like to have your help on this. Could you please find some time and help me. Cheers, Les Kovari

Les ,I tried it and it did the same , the problem seems topo be in the installer , it is hard coded to go to the Flight Simulator x folder which does not exist. Start the install and do not change anything , say OK to create the new Folder, it will install in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X , in there you will find everything..., move the folders to your sim and try ...

Jorge

Hello Jorge, thank you for your help, of course, as soon as I knew where to look I found the new folder with the word "Microsoft" missing. I just deleted the new folder in its entirety, typed Microsoft before the word Flight and reinstalled it. Magic. Do you think somebody should repair the path in the Installer in case some other latecomer ends up having the same problem? Cheers, Les

unfortunately Les the original authors of this package is no longer a members here, to de-compile it  and then repackage it requires their permission

if some one can send me a jot point list of what needs to be done for it to work, I will include it in the description on its download page

On 22/04/2017 at 10:29 AM, jeansy said:

unfortunately Les the original authors of this package is no longer a members here, to de-compile it  and then repackage it require their permission

if some one can send me a jot point list of what needs to be done for it to work, I will include it in the description on its download page

Jeansy, all it is, the path in the installer is wrong, It creates a new folder called Flight Simulator X and installs into there, instead of installing into the already existing Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I just typed in the word Microsoft and let the installer do the rest. No need to do it the hard way, just a post in the Forum to highlight the problem and describe the workaround.

2 hours ago, kovariles said:

Jeansy, all it is, the path in the installer is wrong, It creates a new folder called Flight Simulator X and installs into there, instead of installing into the already existing Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I just typed in the word Microsoft and let the installer do the rest. No need to do it the hard way, just a post in the Forum to highlight the problem and describe the workaround.

Its easy, as a file manager,  I can edit the file description, and its the best course of action for this problem

I can add that short line into it it takes 30 secs as not everyone will see this post in a few months when this thread is on another page

so what you are saying, it just installs into C:program files/Flight Simulator X

instead of C:program files/microsoft/Flight Simulator X ?

9 hours ago, jeansy said:

so what you are saying, it just installs into C:program files/Flight Simulator X

instead of C:program files/microsoft/Flight Simulator X ?

The correct path is C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulation X. No slash between Microsoft and Flight, all you have to do is add the word Microsoft.

Done, its now on the download page and this will help others in the future