Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

raybaines

RaysField

Just a general question as I am new to this forum .

I would like to find a developer who could add my private field to FSX.

I had to sell this S.E. Queensland property in 2014 due to poor health but operated my homebuilt aircraft ... a J6 Karatoo from this site for eleven years.

I would love to relive some of my experiences through flight simulation !!

Thank you in advance ...

Ray.

Edens View 01.JPG

Hello Ray and welcome to OZx.

im sure we could do this for you. Do you have photos of the buildings that we could use?

Also are you able to supply coordinates so we could look at the satellite imagery?

Wow !!! Thank you gentlemen for your reply.

The co-ordinates for "RaysField" are  27` 54.04 S : 152` 00.73 E

Elevation : 1730 ft.

Our property was located within the rural district known as Headington Hill ...

The closest town being Clifton Qld 4361.

The property address ... 5029 Gatton - Clifton Rd.

I can supply any further information ...

Thanks again...

Ray.

002.JPG

003.JPG

Edens View 03.JPG

Edens View 05.JPG

I was going to ask if some aerial shots straight down could be taken, but if there is no runway there is nothing to take a photo of.

Ray, do you have any existing good shots of the runway from above?

Just looking on Bing Maps and at least half of the airstrip is still there, just with a cross on it.  The Northern half can still just be seen but looks as if it may have been ploughed.  I will see if I can find some historical GE imagery.

Cheers,

Thanks Fellows ....

The strip was unsealed and ran directly North - South.

Unfortunately I do not have any shots from directly above.

I notice that OZX has a lone tin shed to mark the property .

As to detailed photos of the structures I can only hope that some generic buildings will add a little more to the scene.

Ray.

003.JPG

004.JPG

001.JPG

005.JPG

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to download any GE imagery at all, including the latest, but I am currently getting some from Bing, so I will see how it looks when stitched together.

Ray, all the photos will help.  That white hangar actually looks a bit like like one I did for Melton Airfield.

Cheers,

You bet Pat ..... some of the deepest Darling Downs black soil you would ever see !!

I put in 43 years on that little property growing mainly coarse grains ... Corn , Sorghum , Sunflower , Wheat and Barley.

Have always enjoyed aviation as well . The Karatoo first flew in 2005 after a five year build time ... all great fun !!

Have also been enjoying the flight-sim world since the early days and now see this as an excellent way to experience some of those past memories of my time at "RaysField". 

Thanks again ....

Ray.

Edited by raybaines

Pat can you send me KMZ file with a pin marking the location. Then I can do some measurements to make all of the structures that I can see in Rays photos he has attached above. Thats of course if no one else has started doing them...

Hi Ray,

If you,re interested we fly online every Friday at 0930z, nothing formal, just fun always in AU, NZ or PNG. You,re very welcome to join in the fun and chat n Teamspeak. Further info in the OZxFC section of the forum, or just ask here

cheers

Hi all,

Ray, I often drive down to Ballandean from home (north of Brissy) and most often go through MaMa Creek. I have often taken photos of your (or your neighbours) farm when all the sorghum? was in head. Beautiful area. I work as an ATC for 35 years and started my RA (flying jabirus) but never finished. I often wondered where that strip of yours was as I could see the windsock from the road but not the rwy.

Elias et al. I will try to drag my old landclass files out and update the landclass around Allora and Clifton to help. I think originally it was hard to do those little towns in the OrbX landclass work as we had nothing that really worked well at representing them so the towns ended up looking like rural areas. I will also try to get Spring Creek in from the range down to Allora at least.

From memory Mark Lee did two little strips around Allora which I couldn't find on m y quick cursory look just now but I see the photo bgl's are still in (at least) my OZx folder which is the one you guys just realeased. I am pretty sure that Ray's Field is just north of the Allora 2 strip (released in OZx v1). 

Maybe Ray knows who owned those strips and we could rename them in documentation?

Cheers, Baz