Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Flukey

YSBK - Bankstown (Moving closer)

24 posts in this topic

Now that OZx3.5 is on finals, YSBK is now moving along nicely with More developers now adding there touch to this massive project (I think this will be the biggest Airport done by OZx to date?).

I would like to welcome and thank Gazza for his Bankstown Models (Tower, Terminal, Apron lights and Static Convair thus far with more to come ^_^ )

2016-7-11_22-6-13-376.jpg

2016-7-11_21-51-20-736.jpg

2016-7-11_21-53-9-970.jpg

2016-7-10_17-17-42-31.jpg

2016-7-10_11-38-46-142.jpg

2016-7-10_11-37-44-726.jpg

Wow. This is up to and better standard than some payware airports I have seen.

All looking really great - the effort you guys put in is really awesome, and hugely appreciated by us less capable hobbyists.

Cheers 

Looking real and real good, I am thinking that a Fl from YSBK to the new YCWR will be such a hoot ????  

Thank you so much for all your hard work Flukey, 

Regards Shaun.
:smile:

All Hangars are officially completed!!

Fuel sheds, Precinct and general tidying up to go!!

2016-7-25_21-39-12-133.jpg

This is one of the largest scenery undertakings in the OzX history. A massive well done flukey. This has been a huge challenge and one that you have been able to complete and blow people away with. Congrats mate, the entire Global FS community will thank you for this. Its much better than half the payware that is out there available on the market.. Good to see Australian Scenery design is still rolling strong. With yourself and all the Ozx Developers Australia is still one of the best places in the world to fly, with plenty of destination and diversity in scenery to check out. We are the lucky country.. Go Aussie X, you are showing the world what can be achieved. 

Thanks Gazza, but I have to thank yourself and Ben for doing some models for me, both your contributions have been amazing as far as quality goes, a lot better then mine..

Anyway I didn't realise how many buildings there are within the precinct!! As you can see Im getting there...

2016-7-29_21-34-24-891.jpg

Actually to put minds at ease here are some pics of my performance thus far, two have asn active one without but facing Sydney, Flytampa's YSSY is not active..

My specs

i7 4790k 4.0ghz overclocked 4.7ghz
Maximus VII Hero Z97 LGA 1150 motherboard
EVGA Geforce GTX980 ACX 2.0 Superclocked 4GB
G.SKILL TridentX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR3 2400MHz
850W 80 plus gold PSU
S840 evo 500GB SSD dedicated to FSX
Noctua NH-D15 Multi-Socket PWM CPU Cooler

OzxYSBKVAS4.jpg

OzxYSBKVAS5.jpg

OzxYSBKVAS6.jpg

Rob, are you sure that the last lot of screenshots you posted were taken in a flight sim and not a real aircraft? They are amazing.

Scenery development has come a long way even from FS9.

It certainly is looking amazing Pat, having learned to fly at Bankstown Airport and flying my first solo here I've always wanted a quality scenery for Bankstown. I'm proud to have been apart of this project and helped make my dream come true, it will be even more rewarding knowing that other simmers will be appreciating our efforts as well. This is my first scenery development and I can't think of a better project to be a part of. I'm also looking forward to helping the OZx community enjoy more Australian scenery in the future. Thanks Flukey for introducing me to the OZx development team and also to Gazza for helping out with this Airport, your models are awesome! Ben

Out front of my old Navair training school ^_^^_^^_^

U55xmmO.jpg

Strange  you show the Navair flying school. I started my flying lessons from there in 1974 and was up around 15 hours. One particular day I took off behind a DH-104 Dove and a Piper Twin Commanche when I witnessed them collide over Bass Hill. That took away my willingness to fly for a while and when I decided to take up lessons again the prices were a bit high for me and also had a couple of kids by then. I did about 4 lessons at Bathurst in 2001 but failed a medical because of diabetes.

I'm sorry you had that experience Pat, flying is one of those things, kinda like motorbike riding.... I think it's a part of us that you can't take away though, we're all aviators!

So true mate. I can remember as a 4 year old when we were living at Gunnedah I used to run inside and hide under the bed when a plane flew over the house and when we went into town we had to pass the airport and I would hide on the floor of the car. That is until one Sunday we were coming home from Church and dad pulled into the airport and spoke to a fella who I was later to find out was Eric Oliver, Next thing we were up in the air and I was loving it. Been hooked ever since.

Incidentally the plane was a Klemm Swallow and it still flys today. Now owned by Dr. Roy Fox and it is based at Bankstown.

As a young kid living on Cumberland Rd Auburn, I used to bike out to Bankstown 'drome.
I'd ride over to the gun club ("PULL!!"); clay target area.
One of the old runways "aimed" right at me where I stood. What an experience to be standing slightly higher than the runway, as a twin engine 'plane lumbered towards me to roar over head.
Yes there's definitely an affinity between motorcycling & flying (although I've only actually piloted a 'real' aircraft once). The sensitivity to one's surroundings I think is similar. The seat~of~the~pants flying/riding feeling.
I did enjoy our 14 months in "The Alice" NT, where I got to fly a couple of extended 7-seater flights, and one or two small Cessna flights in Darwin.
My very first flight was at Bankstown, when while that young 13 year old?, I saved up the five pounds for an introductory first flight.
The tall instructor complete with mistache & very penetrating eyes took me up & let me fly the straight bits, then 'demonstrated' a 90 degree tight left turn. At that point I needed the brown bag :(

In earlier years (I would have been say 6 to 9 years old) when on holidays with grandparents at Rockdale, I'd walk across a large park, to where the above-ground concrete sewage system beside Kingsford Smith Aerodrome was.
I'd scramble up on top & watch the big 'planes come & go. The Connies were my favourite. Back at my grandparents, the kitchen windows & crockery would all rattle as they took off & passed nearby. A great view too from the kitchen ^_^

I've been lurking around this thread for some time - but this last pic finally got me out of the woodwork. That's simply a spectacular looking piece of work...

Cheers

Mallard

What a wonderful effort. Only piloted out of there once in mid 80's in a Cessna C177RG. My first and only real piloting in a retractable. No I did land with the gear down!!

Thanks all...

I can tell you it is getting very, very close to going to testing.

Some good news despite the inclusion of more buildings since my earlier VAS screenshots I can tell you I have made further progress in reducing VAS by a further 150-200mb from those readings above without sacrificing quality!!