Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

ifrevets

Cannot unzip Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2.exe

Question

After downloading the file Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2.zip and I try to unzip it I get an error message:

Extracting file: C:\Users\CL-R45\Desktop\Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2.zip
Extracting to "C:\Users\CL-R45\Desktop\"
Use Path: yes   Overlay Files: no
Central and local directory mismatch for file "Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2.exe" (crc-32 - local: 7BD42B46 hex  central: CB465ACC hex).
Severe Error:  Local and central CRC values don't match.

I have tried downloading the files on different computers with the same result.

Can you tell me what is causing this?

Thank you,

ifrevets

17 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Penzoil3 said:

You have to clear your browser cache. If you don't, the browser will  cheerfully hand you the same corrupt file.

Sue

Sue: Thank you for your reply. I tried posting on  this forum and (as you know) also on the ORBX forum.

I cleared my browser cache and I still get the same error I posted here and on ORBX.

I have tried all of the suggestions on more than one computer (I have 8 of them) and I always get the same result.

Beats me!

ifrevets

Try to dowenload the file again using a download manager.                                                                                                                                                                                                   Maybe the download you did has an CRC error based on tiny interruptions during download.

5 hours ago, Dieter said:

Try to dowenload the file again using a download manager.                                                                                                                                                                                                   Maybe the download you did has an CRC error based on tiny interruptions during download.

I am using a download manager . tried once again and once again cannot unzip download.

I give up!

Edited by ifrevets
add comment

I really wondered about your problems and I downloaded the file from the OZx download page.

This file seems to be corrupted and is too small, just 1 MB, that's not correct.

Maybe someone OZx official might check this, please.

Edited by Dieter

Using a download manager is standard for me for years.

I downloaded the file in just in 2 seconds and it only has about 1MB. That's imposssible I think, because it's too small.

Unpacking doesn't work.

Edited by Dieter

Hi Trev, the file doesn't unzip for me, CRC error. I disabled the AV to let run OZx Go, but the file then is unzippable ^_^ I generally don't have any error when i download the packages, i have a very stable and fast connection. The Death Valley file instead is ok.

1 hour ago, Penzoil3 said:

Helloooo!

Helloooo!

I did everything "Corrupted Download? Read Here" said to do...Twice.

After first download attempt of Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2.zip I never even got to the end of the download.

Error message: "Invalid argument encountered".

Second attempt downloaded the zip file but it would not unzip. Same result as all the others.

Over at the ORBX forum it seems that I am not alone in having no success.

Several other posts including one from Maurizio Giorgi

Maurizio Giorgi:

"Just to be precise, i receive a corrupt download too. Generally i haven't problems to download things, neither i need to clean the cache. Anyway, no idea why some of you download correctly the file and some other not, me included.

I installed it from my original files."

If he can't download it either then that's enough for me to say

I GIVE UP!!! I guess I cleared my cache for nothing.

Thanks a lot Trev for your attention, i really hope the issue can be fixed. What i observed the last time i downloaded Death Valley and Grand Canyon is that they don't seem to be on the same server.

I checked it tonight and I found I was able to install it no problems

1,initial download. ok

2, OZx2go.exe. ok

Image3.png

3, Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2 536mb zip download. ok

Image21.png

4, Open the zip and begin install. ok

Image111.png

2 things come to mind,

1. As soon as I started the ozx2go.exe windows defender came to life and quarantined the file, I know the file is clean so I disabled my antivirus. Have you tried disabling your antivirus during the intial download and install in case its acting silently in the background for both downloads
  2. About 2005-2010 winzip brought out a version called winzip10, it was very problematic with un compression and compression, i noticed this when zipping my files so I reverted back to winzip 9 back in the day and no more issues, we no longer have this problem since windows has an incorporated compression utility, my suggest is you download http://www.7-zip.org/download.html its one of the most robust zip programs around, I have it and since installing any older format that windows doesnt like 7zip laughs at it. But I only used win10 to open the file, whether because I have 7zip installed on my system it played a factor, I dont know

Otherwise delete all previous traces of your downloaded file and start again clean, other than that the library managers cant help in any way as its pre us thing, hate to say it, its a Jaykae problem  because I dont know, it downloads and installs fine on my end and the library managers had nothing to do with the server and ozx2go.exe

Hi Jeansy, thanks a lot to have checked. you say no problems, but for me for instance the thing that i have to disable the antivirus is not good. I use Winzip pro 19.5 to create and unzip the files, maybe it's expensive but it's good for sure. As a second alternative i have 7zip, i remember that it was considered good also. If you consider the file is integer, then leave as it, anyway it's obvious that people can have problems with that file. Is it a problem by my side? It is ok, doesn't matter. Do you know how many giga i've downloaded and installed in my life? ^_^