Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

scottharmes6

France Photoreal scenery

19 hours ago, Walker said:

Thank you for the job, but a zone seems be missing in 20N file:

missing.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for reporting - but I have checked my version and the missing portion seems to be there using TMF Viewer.  Could you please check the sizes of the zip files for France19N and France20N.

They should be as follows:

FrancePR_19N_Pt1.zip - 2,773,387,161 bytes (2,708,386 KB)

FrancePR_19N_Pt2.zip - 2,732,784,382 bytes (2,668,735 KB)

FrancePR_20N_Pt1.zip - 2,005,390,719 bytes (1,958,390 KB)

FrancePR_20N_Pt2.zip - 1,910,986,933 bytes (1,866,199 KB)

If the sizes are different for any of the zips, then I would suggest you re-download.  If all sizes are correct, then please try extracting the files from the zips again and check that you have all of the bgls installed and added to the scenery library.

Please also note that the latitude boundaries change for France 20N.  If you only have France 20N, then the missing area should be in France 19N.

France19N

20TH Row

left -2.60

right -2.40

top 47.31

bottom 47.11

===============================================================================================================

France20N 

21ST Row

Left -2.65

right -2.45

top 47.45

bottom 47.31

Cheers,

Hi,

Do you also have France 19N?

As I say I have no missing areas in mine, so apparently you don't have the files for the areas you indicate.

Ensure you extract all the files from the zip files and place them in a scenery folder and then ensure the scenery folder is activated in the FSX/P3D scenery library.  I'm afraid I can't suggest anything else.  I have checked the uploaded files and the areas you indicate as missing are showing up in my sim and in my TMF viewer.

If you still have problems, please post a screenshot of all the bgl files in the scenery folder for areas 19N and 20N so I can see which bgls you are missing.

Cheers, 

19npt1.jpg19npt2.jpg20npt1.jpg20npt2.jpg

Last downloads.

In P3D:

FR60pix.jpg

EDIT:

I controlled all the images of 19N PT2 in TmfViewer, quite bad! I have unziped on another HD, everything is OK.

Really saddened by my intervention which made you waste time.

Thank you again for this work.

Cheers.

Edited by Walker
screens

Hi Scott

Now I miss a part from the last Download. It's that possible?

Greetings from Switzerland in the summertime to Melbourne in the wintertime

Martin

F north.jpg

Edited by Mamue

1 hour ago, Mamue said:

Hi Scott

Now I miss a part from the last Download. It's that possible?

Greetings from Switzerland in the summertime to Melbourne in the wintertime

Martin

F north.jpg

Hi Martin,

From a quick look, it looks like you are missing all of FrancePR_34N, parts 1 and 2.  Just check you have these downloaded and installed.

1 hour ago, P. Goudswaard said:

I put the files in addon scenery / scenery and later in a seperate directorie called france/ snenery and in both cases i have lost all my allready installed france airports . What did i do wrong?

Hi,

You should have any addon airports located in the region covered above the France PR in the scenery library.  You should be able to put the France PR fairly low down in the scenery library.

If you still have issues please post some screen shots and descriptions of the airports affected.

Cheers,

1 hour ago, scottharmes6 said:

Hi Martin,

From a quick look, it looks like you are missing all of FrancePR_34N, parts 1 and 2.  Just check you have these downloaded and installed.

Cheers,

OMG! Yes you're right! I just forgott them to download! :o :rolleyes:

Thank you Scott :smile:

Hi scottie Hello congratulations a magnificent and superb scene of france and partial parts, is majestic and incredible resolution.
In my fsx flight generally 5 m and 15 cm with average values mainly my notebook i3 380M 2.53 with 4gb,
generally fotoreales flight over Spain AirHispania photo of 123 gb plus 45 gb free of italy and holland 2000.
A sensational work would like to thank publicly, and be encouraged and complete if Germany and Austria or dare to improve in Spain.
eg the Pyrenees differentiates between yours and Spain no color, and hue more faithfully yours.
Thank you very much for your work
 shots austrian alps!

2016-8-4_20-44-46-237_zpsazozmsyh.jpg
2016-8-4_20-50-33-585_zpskrzxpaxk.jpg
2016-8-4_20-51-36-976_zpsvduy9ylg.jpg
2016-8-4_20-51-0-834_zpsjq3jefy5.jpg
2016-8-4_21-6-58-628_zpsgix9yx3h.jpg
2016-8-4_21-22-26-485_zpsrfd510az.jpg

Great pics Gibo and Juan, thanks for sharing and the comments.

Juan I also downloaded some great photoscenery for Spain, but I think it was from a different site, http://www.vuelosaventura.com/

Downloading that excellent scenery and the freeware Belgium and Italy PR, and of course NL2000, is what inspired me to fill the gap with some PR for France.

Belgium PR available at Avsim.com (photoscenery forum):

http://www.avsim.com/topic/484684-belgium-2012-reupload-free-photoscenery/page-2

http://www.avsim.com/topic/373789-belgium-2012-free-photoscenery/

and/or

Belgium PR and Luxembourg (Luxembourg is also covered in the France PR)

http://fsrijnmond.airworld.nl/

Italy PR available from:

http://italyphotoreal.weebly.com/

Of course NL2000:

http://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/

The borders with other PR may vary with different sceneries of course, but the incomplete testing I did of the borders with Belgium PR and Italy PR, and also Megascenery Germany seemed to look at least OK.  I know there was some variation in colours with the Spain PR, including the Vuelos Aventura PR.  I would actually suggest that if another PR scenery border is done better, ie blended, then that PR can be placed above France in the FSX/P3D scenery library, and it should override the France PR.

Cheers,

Wow, quite a list. The explanation of which part covers which section of France still puzzles me. What are the coördinates, so that one can compare them in e.g. Google Earth. A map would be even more practical.

For installation: can the contents of the parts be put in a scenery-folder, preferably a special one and then be activated in the scenery-table.

Will it work in Prepar3D V3?

with kind regards, 

Piet de Geus

Netherlands.

Scott,

In the meantime I downloaded the parts 1 and 2 of 3N. Then for testing: Which airport is more or less in the centre of that area?

reg.,

Piet

2 hours ago, degeus said:

Wow, quite a list. The explanation of which part covers which section of France still puzzles me. What are the coördinates, so that one can compare them in e.g. Google Earth. A map would be even more practical.

For installation: can the contents of the parts be put in a scenery-folder, preferably a special one and then be activated in the scenery-table.

Will it work in Prepar3D V3?

with kind regards, 

Piet de Geus

Netherlands.

1 hour ago, degeus said:

Scott,

In the meantime I downloaded the parts 1 and 2 of 3N. Then for testing: Which airport is more or less in the centre of that area?

reg.,

Piet

Hi Piet,

To explain the coordinates a bit:

France3N             Far right coord  7.72

4TH Row

France3N

left -1.42

right -1.22

top 44.11

bottom  43.91

The part of the scenery labelled as 3N (3 North) runs from Longitude -1.42 on the far West border to Longitude 7.72 on the far East border.  This includes part 1 and 2.  The two parts are generally split evenly (roughly) so half way between these points would be the Eastern border of part 1.

The boundaries of Latitude (top and bottom) are 44.11 and 43.91.

So if you use Google Earth, use the placemark tool (4 times) and just enter these corner coordinates.  Once you have the corners marked you could use the polygon or path tool to create a kml or kmz file and highlight the area.  Alternatively just browse using the coordinates and you can easily find any point within these particular coordinates.

Top left:

Latitude: 44.11

Longitude: -1.42

Top right:

Latitude: 44.11

Longitude: 7.72

Bottom left:

Latitude: 43.91

Longitude: -1.42

Bottom right:

Latitude: 43.91

Longitude: 7.72

To answer your other questions:

Yes you can create a scenery folder or even a number of scenery folders when you have downloaded more (this is recommended).  For example I have the total area covered split in to 9 separate scenery folders (volumes) titled France_PR_Vol1 to France_PR_Vol9.  Obviously there is a scenery folder within each of these folders and the bgl files go in to the scenery folder.  You can place these folders and files anywhere on your PC and then add them to your scenery library.

Also the scenery will work in any version of FSX and P3D.

To find any airports in this region you could refer to the afcad files for 3N.  The links for the airport afcad files are below the PR links.

France PR AFCADs B

Covering sections 1N, 2N, and 3N:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxev_0S9k7HPUUp4bkFwTUhpTFE

Cheers,

Scott,

Thanks for the explanation on how to make that regions visible in Google Earth.

reg.,

Piet

Scott,

I now downloaded everything. In the coming weeks I'll install it bit by bit.Thanks.

reg.,

Piet

Hi Piet,

Good to hear, I hope you enjoy it.  Also, keep checking back, mainly for the afcads which are still being updated sometimes two or three times a week, thanks to Joop who is doing those.  I have just received another file today and am about to upload it, so he is actually almost nearly done.

At some stage in the future I also hope to add more patches with improvements in certain areas, and also PR of some islands that aren't currently included or are currently low resolution.

Cheers,

Scott,

Please give your opinion on my thinking about installing France Photoreal. The total amount of the zips is 160 GB.

I assume that it overwrites all underlying scenery-elements. So, in order to keep certain objects, e.g. the non-Joop Maks airports and two regions of VFR-France with its objects intact, it is advisable to install it on the lowest possible priotity. I.E just above the default scenery. and then the Joop Mak airports at high priority, correcting eventual present other airports.

Am I right?

Thanks for your answer on this in advance.

Scott,

About new AFCADS and patches: Is it possible to announce this with a link to the download url on this forum? Then all subscribers get automatically a message.

Thanks inadvance,

reg.,

Piet

Hi Piet,

You are correct about the installation order.  I have my France PR just above default scenery, and I have actually just added Joop's AFCADs to one of the PR folders.  I'm pretty sure this works OK.  You could also make a separate folder for the afcads.  I also have other airports which I just list at a higher priority. The same goes for 3D elements etc.  Any separate autogen files, from freeware autogen packages for example, could be added to a texture file within one or more of the PR folders.  The example you mention, the VFR-France package should be kept intact and separate and listed at a higher priority in the scenery library.

If you have another version of an add on airport within the PR area,then you should ensure you turn off the corresponding afcad from Joop to avoid any conflicts.  Also turn off any altitude files for a conflicting airport from Joop's packages  To turn off just add .off after .bgl.

With regard to announcements, I will add a new post here in this thread when I add any additional material.  I won't do so for Joop's afcads as he is almost finished and is still producing them at a very fast rate.  Except now as I'm just about to download and upload the next one ;).

Cheers,

Scott,

So our thinking is in line wich each other. Thanks, looking forward to the latest ones and Joop's (who I know personally pretty well) Afcads.

BTW I am on Prepar3D V3.

reg.,

Piet

Scott,

Installed according to our mutual thoughts. A screenshot is attached, above Limoges. Thanks again for your marvellous piece of work.

reg.,

Piet

Prepar3D 2016-08-23 17-37-48-485.jpg