Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeansy

Airnorth

23 posts in this topic

a new paint for an old classic

2016-6-26_13-52-18-689.png

Are Air north now using B1900?

Nice repaint as usual Matt.. the 170 could do with a touch up :smile:

No, just something for me to zip around the small fields with Ive seen the payware 170 and 190 package, and I wasnt a fan so stayed clear of them, from memory there is a 3rd party McPhat  HD texture package that has a Airnorth scheme in it

Im thinking about a 350i  and DO228 scheme to go with my metroliner and Dak while I wait for my airbus to be upgraded to v4

All good I have that livery but always happy for an upgrade to their newer one!

I dont mine the ejets had them since the fs9 days, yes the cockpit visual is not as nice as the modern jets but its still a great plane to fly and will miss it when moving to v4.

We really need some real World Aussie C404 and PA31 paints just such a shame that the companies at hand with those acft have made it difficult to repaint! still doesn't stop me from flying them ^_^

did a few changes due the amount of objections, plus a Do228

2017-8-7_2-44-0-436.png

2017-8-7_2-44-54-38.png

uploaded

And very nice indeed, thank you Matt :goodjob: agree with Flukey's comments there are a lot of C4XXs and PA31s cruising the skies in the NT, WA and rest of OZ but also agree with his comments (and many others)  on painting problems - no doubt the producers have their reasons but it would seem counter productive to me - surely the more paints circulating for their products would increase sales?

theyre not impossible to paint, its just I paint to a agenda that suites me, I no longer take requests as my email box gets bombard by 100s of private messages and I already do paints for developers and doing requests outside of that, take the fun out of it because it then becomes a chore and i loose interest real fast

I hear and see your posts all the time, sorry unless its something that generates interest in me, im not really interested, I just paint what I fly or raises an eyebrow

No sweat Matt - no push or requests from me - I appreciate all your efforts and whatever you decide to do always satisfies me completely.

Ive started one 404 to even though i should be working on something else however nearly 5 hrs later due to warping and Carenado and Alabero mapping doesnt accept straight lines, this is as far as I got

Im still not happy happy and still have a hr or 2 just on lines doing pixel by pixel to make them straight and line up and Ive just noticed the nose is wrong

the hardest bit is yet to come which is the Hardy's Tail logo

and even after all that is done, it still may not appear right and end up being rejected and deleted, I broke stephan this afternoon after introducing him to these models and paint kits, he hasnt spoken to me since after saying he was now depressed

so the reason why we pick our paints are the same reasons why developers pick airfields, however like today I have spent several hours just on a few lines where most scenery guys can already have the background and masking done and almost completed placing library objects

2017-8-13_22-1-54-791.png

just over an hour later right tail done

2017-8-14_0-5-4-255.png

done but not 100% happy with some of the warping

2017-8-14_5-9-12-561.png

Marvelous stuff Matt and your persistence is outstanding as always :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Marvelous stuff Matt and your persistence is outstanding as always :thumbsup:

hopefully that will keep you guys off my back for a few weeks

THANK YOU Matt!!

I really appreciate your effort here for a paint kit that seems to be a pain in the backside...

Feel free to start another in a few weeks then HA!!!

I had to google that "CU in the NT" slogan on the Beech 1900D to see if that was for real.

I can't believe they got away with that.

What a classic!

Haha NT humour - 30 years ago Darwin buses were driving around with "Have You Got Yours Today?" written on the back - an ad for the NT News paper.

14 hours ago, vhufo said:

I had to google that "CU in the NT" slogan on the Beech 1900D to see if that was for real.

I can't believe they got away with that.

What a classic!

When it rains for 6mths of the yr and the other half doesnt have a cloud in sight, its always hot and no one knows how to drive, it does mess with your sense of humour

CU in the NT slogan is tame, NT's only news paper each day tries to out do it self (staffed by men and women)

The NT News facebook page is run by a women, she's always pushing the limits, its some of the best reading Ive seen yet and the responses are priceless

here are just some examples of front pages

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=nt+news+headlines+book&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjR1P7I0tjVAhVITbwKHZvPAsUQ_AUICigB&biw=1704&bih=916

Posted (edited)

I know what you mean Jeansy.

Spent 3 and a half years up in Darwin with the RAAF, 2 of those at ATC.

Loved the lifestyle, the build up was the worst part although the storms were amazing.

Remember an aircraft penetrating a CB up there, still remember the callsign, KUZ, near on wrecked the thing.

Miss it still.

Edited by vhufo

Well say no more its one of those places that leaves a lasting impression