Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Bruce e

Club Flight December 18, 0930z

I'll post this nice & early as I know David likes to check out the route & preposition bricks of beer at suitable places enroute.  :thumbsu:

Check you have the scenery   <OZx TSI>    unfortunately I can't find a link for Mikes YHID & YKUB

566dc40decdc7_Snap2015-12-11at17.12.18.t

566ee9d2bf9d2_Snap2015-12-14at16.09.10.t

Flight Plan: Amended - first leg now YTRO YMAI   [oops having a bad really bad senior moment day]

566fe4a445f4e_Snap2015-12-15at09.57.03.t566fe4cae1da4_Snap2015-12-15at09.58.17.j

TSI fight before I get a new computer, I'm devastated...:(

Anyway see this link,

Torres strait Horn, Badu and Kubin not available for download?

If anyone still has the original zip feel free to put it on dropbox and post a link in this thread.

Mike

Is that on your dropbox account Bruce? If your happy to leave it there I will try and get it linked into the downloads section.

PS. You might find it better to start at YTUR rather than YTRO as TRO is just a tiny strip which can only just take an islander and has essentially no parking space, so good luck getting a under powered, fuel laden Cherokee airborne!

Follow Link:

Old Version - MB Torres Straight Islands Package, Horn, Kubin, Badu and Tuin Islands

Just keep in mind that this is the old version and will need to be Manually Removed before adding the new version that should be included in the next OZx package, but it will do for your club flight in the interim.

Kubin will not be to the same standard as seen in Bruce's screenshot as he has been one of the people testing the new version of Kubin.

You will also need to download the blencowe libraries for this old version to work (see readme)

Plotted. Hope to join on Friday.

Updated plot.
But I still cannot 'start' a flight from YTRO, as my Plan-G refuses to recognise anything other than a 'default' airfield as a legitimate start point.
I've even tried making a route then deleting the start (default airfield) location, so it starts at the right place. But then FSX won't for some reason recognise the route, even 'though it lets me load it in & I see it on the GPS. Strange.
   So on Friday I'll fly over from YBAM before we take off :)

Have you installed the    <OZx TSI>    ?  

567152737a2e2_Snap2015-12-16at11.56.38.j

If so & disregarding Plan G for a moment, you should be able to start your flight within FSX at YTRO

If that works dont forget you will need to go to Plan G /Data/ BuildNavDatabase to tell Plan G that new additional airfields have been installed

Thanks Bruce,

Will check in the morning. The airstrips show in lan_G ok. But just the codes (eg YTRO ).

My main worry is how to get the names to 'show up' in FSX scenery window. The names column no longer shows any names, excepting FTX/OzX names.

Hi all, Noel has reported there are black runways at Horn Island, may be a texture missing or incorrectly named so could people please check this, if so the download I got from Bruce may be incomplete and I will have to modify.

PS. If you could also check Kubin and Badu

I did a quick flight this arvo and saw 2x tarmac strips at Horn Is, appropriately labelled with direction and piano keys. The strip a TUDU Is was pretty difficult to see, but I eventually saw what I suspect is one of Bruce's yellow cubs there.

Cheers.

Thanks merlinux & other people here,
So then I may have missing library file?, or two versions (turned on) of the two airfield where only I see black featureless runways?.
I cannot do anything about it until I resolve the main issue I have; missing names in Scenery selection window in FSX.
Without those names I can't see what I'm deleting or adding. If I try to add an existing scenery folder I get the message that the path already exists. But I can't see which one. :(

But I've had a sneak preview of the flight & it's a beauty. :)

YMUI.jpg

Noel, have you looked in your C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX for a file called Scenery.cfg_Orbx_Backup.cfg ?? maybe rename your scenery.cfg to scenery.cfg.xxx and rename the orbx one to scenery.cfg ...have a go..

Jorge

Noel, have you looked in your C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX for a file called Scenery.cfg_Orbx_Backup.cfg ?? maybe rename your scenery.cfg to scenery.cfg.xxx and rename the orbx one to scenery.cfg ...have a go..

Jorge

Hi Jorge,
   I ran the "FTX Central" then went and renamed original scenery.cfg to xxscenery.cfg
Then made a copy of the "Scenery.cfg_Orbx_Backup.cfg", & renamed that to "scenery.cfg"
   Unfortunately that didn't help. I still have the names 'missing' from all scenery folders (from FSX in-game Scenery List), excepting the Ozx/FTX stuff;
which being 'external' from the addon scenery. Even all the default folder names are missing.
All the folders for the various scenery areas are still in the addon scenery folder. I just cannot see any names in the in-game scenery list.
   Bruce has suggested a complete re-install; from scratch. Time to do a full backup first.

make a backup and then with the original disks make a repair...if you have gold it should work OK, I dont and need to run acceleration also , but I tested it and works OK.. give it a try.

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

I have already uninstalled acceleration, run FSX Gold DVD's 'repair', tried it & still missing names. Reinstalled acceleration & checked again. Still missing names. Tried rolling back a few weeks, tried other scenery.cfg files as per your suggestion (make backup/rename (to 'scenery.cfg') copy of one to try etc. Still missing names.

Next I will backup all fsx files (including C drive stuff. My FSX is on another hard drive), completely uninstall FSX & clean out remnants, then do a basic install & check, etc. I restart the PC each time I change anything.

Thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated :)  .