Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Bruce e

Club Flight, July 10 0930z

All small strips but none too challenging. 

Dunwich YDUN to Murgon (Anglefield) YMRG with three intermediate stops.

In addition to having all the OZ 3 to 3.4 installed you will need two of Elias Smiths small fields

<YZAS>  and  <YMRG>

else you wont have anywhere to land.

56N94r.jpg

as always other suggestions are welcomed   :mad: 

Edited by Bruce e

Thankyou Bruce e & Jorge,

Hope to join you Friday evening :)

Any suggestion/s as to any particular aircraft?. Is a Duke ok?, or should I choose something else? (See attached screen-grab)Duke_details.thumb.jpg.8cbce9dfa9bb2c756

Its not a Duke ...its a Dutchess, I think its too big for the airfields in the plan..

Jorge

Edited by aeronauta
typo

Hi guys,

It's a :-
"FTX AU Beechcraft BE76 Duchess"
Several versions.
I landed succesfully from the eastern side of the hill at Archer. Tricky but do-able. Must approach with enough grunt to clear the side of the hill due south, then rub off speed after a power turn (well I'm still learning!), then 'step' down quickly. LOTS OF FEVERISH BREAKING (sorry. But if you were with me you would have put both feet through the floor) :o
See attached pics.
First pic airfield at 90 degree far right.
Note airspeed indicated speed. I came in too fast on final. Should have maintained less than 90 knots. stall speed around 65?

pre-flight explore 001 Mt Archer approach.jpg

pre-flight explore 002 Mt Archer approach.jpg

pre-flight explore 003 Mt Archer approach.jpg

pre-flight explore 004 Mt Archer approach final.jpg

pre-flight explore 005 Mt Archer approach final.jpg

pre-flight explore 006 Mt Archer phew pant-pant-pantl.jpg

Edited by nbrettoner

Hi guys,

I've flown this together with my friend in Powell River BC Canada on a number of occasions & our sessions went well, however I appreciate your concerns re me trying to use this in a multi-session here (in Oz). We did fly several Oz location routes in two of these.
I looked it up in FSX & yes it's a "Just Flight" "Twin Engine Prop" aircraft. Very sweet to fly.
   Could you please recommend an aircraft you feel more suitable for me to use (and more compatable with what everyone else has) when flying with you? :)
I really appreciate all the help you are giving me, & look forward to learning from all your expertise/experiences :)

Noel, if you follow this link http://digitalthemepark.blogspot.co.uk/ and click on FSX Flooding Report, it shows which planes have problems.

Aside from that, if other participants in the multiplayer session don't have each others planes, then it gets substituted with a installed aircraft (with mixed results).

If you look in this list, it gives an idea of what we all fly, but its not a complete list by any means.

You are best off listing all of your suitable aircraft here and we can let you know which ones will work well.

Noel the only sure way of checking out this a/c is to contact Zoolander at DTP & ask him to check it whilst you are on one of DTP's two servers. The result can then be added to the Flooding d/base for everyone's attention. We do this all the time when a new a/c starts getting used.

I think what caused some confusion was you saying that the a/c was a "FTX AU Beechcraft BE76 Duchess" when it seems it was a "JustFlight Duchess", not a major issue just all part of the learning process.

As Trev says perhaps list your favourite a/c & take it from there.

See you later on in the cricket free zone that is OZxFC.  :smile:

Hi Guys

I should make this tonight, i just loaded the scenery up and grabbed the plan files.

Noel, i found that in some situations some planes seems to work well together even if they do flood, but I have stuck to the list of known good planes and not had many problems.

Hope to make this one tonight, thanks Jorge for the files and as always Bruce for the plan.

Think I'll try the Carenado 337 in VH-EMP livery as it has good STOL performance and decent Cruise capability.

Think I'll try the Carenado 337 in VH-EMP livery as it has good STOL performance and decent Cruise capability.

Terry the Carenado 337 floods but there is a fix published on the DTP Flood d/base. Link below in case you dont have it.

Simply need to replace two small files, instructions are in the link    https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2q8x8pn0m4moch/Carenado C337 Fix.zip?dl=0

Ooops Ignore "mike B"...cant delete it

Edited by Bruce e

Sorry guys, just got home from a sad occasion that took longer than expected, hopefully catch up tomorrow for a fly, 

Apologies for the late notice, I will fly this route tomorrow when i have time in the afternoon, will jump onto the DTP Teamspeak if anyone else is around

Cheers

Richard

Edited by rrockliff