Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aussieman

JF F-27 LADS WIP

7 posts in this topic

Matt (Jeansy) asked if someone could do a Royal Australian Navy LADS (Laser Airborne Depth Sounder) F-27. I put my hand up to give it a try little realising the fun (not) I was about to have. The aircraft is actually a -500 model which created the first problem. The JF F-27 has 11 windows but the LADS aircraft is longer and has 13 windows. To get around this I have used the basic -300 model with the front door from the -100 model. Work on the forward section was fairly straight forward but the rear end text caused me some headaches but I have done the best I can.

After spending 5 days trying to create the tail logo I finally said **** it I'll try another method. I decided to use a cut/paste method and to my mind it seems to have worked. There is more work to be done but I am hoping to have it finished by mid week.

Here are a few WIP screenshots to hopefully whet your appetites. If you see something that may need changing just let me know.

2015-7-5_19-16-53-933.jpg

2015-7-5_19-17-25-146.jpg

2015-7-5_19-17-39-348.jpg

2015-7-5_19-17-53-299.jpg

2015-7-5_19-18-19-121.jpg

Edited by Aussieman

Hi Pat, 

I didn't realize you had started painting...

In relation to logo's, I can't stand analog and if I cannot find a vector logo I make it myself in PS. I use a photo of the logo as the background and recreate it vector. 

It makes for a much sharper paint and it looks a million bucks. 

Looks great! 

Cheers

Butch 

G'day mate,

Yes I have done a few repaints but get selective about what I paint.I have done several repaints of the WBS P-51 and an Ansett-ANA DC-6 for the HF release. I was on the beta team for this aircraft and have several in the pipeline.

Ii don't use PS instead I use Paint Shop Pro X5.

Same thing in Paint Shop, the point is if you do it in vector scale isn't an issue, you can expand it, make it smaller and make it bigger again does not matter its still pin sharp. 

Cheers

Butch

I have actually gone back to square one and started from scratch. Thought I knew a lot about layers from previous paint I have done but still learning.

Painting is a never ending learning process, that's part of the allure. Just when you think you've got it... you discover something else. :) 

Sorry Pat

I've just noticed this

Thanks for starting this, however if you dont finish it, its not a problem, I've un-installed the f27 as I'm not a fan of the VC  as I find it very cartoon-ish like their other releases