Bruce e

Jack Gruschow Day Memorial Flight July 31

30 posts in this topic

Just a heads up.

<Jack>  died on July 29, 2013 aged 83 so it would seem appropriate that we have a memorial flight on the Friday nearest to that day, maybe Friday July 31?

There is a special Jack Gruschow repaint by Richard Louis for the default C172 available <here>

If you think this would be appropriate then maybe someone who knew him could sort out a flight plan?

Cheers

Edited by Bruce e

The previous "Jack" flight was a huge success with 10 plus joining in.

6t2PGm.jpg

Can we have an indication of how many will be available Friday July 31st ?

Just a reminder that if this flight goes ahead we all need to fly the default C172 (lt green colour) preferably with the Jack repaint which is now available (see orig post)

p1t4dQ.jpg

###STOP PRESS###

Still require a flight plan or maybe mirror the previous plan......if anyone has it?

Edited by Bruce e

See Trev's post above for flt plan

Default C172 with the "Jack" repaint.

It would be nice to have a good turnout for this flight, see if we can beat last Januaries turnout!

Edited by Bruce e

Very disappointed to say can't make it as I have surgery the following morning at 0700hrs - January flight had a great atmosphere and the scenery around Jack's home area is beautiful to say the least.

For around 20 years I lived in Tauranga NZ.
I'd love to join in on this flight, if possible.
What Orbix/FTX scenery/airfields would I need to download/install please?.
As yet I haven't purchased any NZ mesh/airfields. Are the north & south meshes freeware?.

Edited by nbrettoner

Thanks TreeTops :)

Those small airfields apparently are showing, but the one I saw had trees all over the strip. I guess I need North Island Orbx download?

Orbx North Island covers all of the strips.

you will also need the default c172 painting NZ-JFG found in the link in the first post of this thread.

Edited by TreeTops

Couldn't find the flight plan. :(

Do you have it now?  See Trevs post July 13

A lap around Lake Rotorua over Jacks place, Opotiki, Whakatane, Mount Tarawera, Rotorua.

Very disappointed to say can't make it as I have surgery the following morning at 0700hrs - January flight had a great atmosphere and the scenery around Jack's home area is beautiful to say the least.

Terry, hope the surgery goes well.

Make sure they chop off the right bit! :blink:

Hope to be there. I have a meeting but with any luck it should be finished by the start time.

Will try to make this flight.

Cheers,

Glenn.

Terry, hope the surgery goes well.

Make sure they chop off the right bit! :blink:

Thanks Bruce :lol: the missus says she'll be watching closely to make sure no "disasters" occur B)

Have a great flight for Jack everyone :thumbsu:

Expect to be there.

It was Jack and Tony who did their best to sort me out when I first started flying with OZx .  I know - that explains a lot !

Cheers

David

Do you have it now?  See Trevs post July 13

Yes thanks Bruce e  :)
Also have C172 skin to install.
I won't have NZ North Island Ozx but that's ok.
Most (if not all) those small airfields I also have. :)
But several have trees all over their runways etc.
Whereabouts in Rotorua did Jack live?.
I used to go to Rotorua fortnightly for work; from Tauranga.

NZ North Island scenery is Orbx, not OZx. What scenery do you have?

Jack lived a couple of streets back from the shore towards the southern part.

Apologies for not joining today's flight.
I trust it was most enjoyable for all who could make it.

Past two days I have not been able to multisession with my Canadian friend.
Even after my ISP provider did some magic, & I can once again ping etc addresses, I still cannot multisession NSW > BC Canada (friend hosting).
But a few minutes ago I was able to join a session in the states (near Tenessee). Didn't bother with TeamSpeak; just joined the flight.
However during these past two days I've still been able to do everything else; internet - wise. Even when broadband reduces from 11 Mb/s to below 1 Mb/s (still happening every day).
   My inability to ping each time kicked up an error message stating that Command Prompt didn't recognise 'ping' etc as a command. Same for 'tracert' & 'ipconfig'.
Here's the online video that addressed my problem:-
" Here is link for the video that shows how we fixed your issue you were having.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xSBD3Y47o   "

I would like to test that I can connect with you guys for the next session please, so if someone is available sometime tomorrow or Sunday afternoon to assist me that would be great.
I had saved the group's previous multisession address, but couldn't connect, although I can ping it.
Either email or sms/phone me on XXXXXXXXXX please, & if you like we could chat either over TeamSpeak (you would need to tell me where please), or Yahoo Messenger ("XXXXXXXXr")

Many thanks in advance :)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edited by aeronauta
Removed personal data

Noel, I can be on DTP TS  OZXFC channel Saturday at 0930z if you would like to test things 

re " I had saved the group's previous multisession address, but couldn't connect, although I can ping it."   the ip usually is different each time so you would need to be on TS to get the current address

Bruce

Edited by Bruce e