Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

nbrettoner

Flying Club - New Pilot

Hi guys,

Although I've been a member for sometime now, I've not joined or done any Oz multisession flying since my first few 'goes' with Terry Carr some time ago (in the age of Teamspeak).
I'd like to join you on Friday 3rd but for me that's 'out'. Do you fly at other times besides Friday mornings?.

Am 'sort of' familiar now with loading plans into both FSX & Plan-G, & have a 2-monitor setup now.
But I would appreciate some help/advice in joining & setting up my own online multisession sharing etc.

Currently I have a forum post regarding an anomally I'm experiencing with a friend in Canada (Powell River BC; opposite Vancouver Island). Oh & I live in Coffs Harbour NSW.
When flying in separate aircraft, often on the ground one is several feet above/below the other, & even 'though we have the same scenery etc, sometimes our ground profiles look different. He's away at present, but next time we'll get some screenies to share. Any suggestions/comments most welcome.

I run W7 pro on an i5 quad Assus P7P55D-E Pro motherboard, with 8Gb ram & lots of HDs with several partitions. All of which get cleaned/defragged periodically.
I have FTX Oz, as well as some Canada stuff (west coast from below Vancouver up into Alaska).

Looking forward to meeting each of you. :)

Warm regards,
Noel Brettoner

Hi Noel and welcome.

We fly Friday evenings (0930Z) which is 7:30pm on the east coast. We also do other flights on a whim usually at the same time unless its on a weekend and an agreed time is nominated.

We use teamspeak for our sessions and you can find all the info in the pinned threads in this section.

If you are free tomorrow night we can have a setup session to get you sorted and ready for Friday.

Flights are conducted in a relaxed and cautious manner with the emphasis on being on fun.

Look forward to another flier in the club.

Edited by TreeTops

Hi Noel and welcome to ozxfc.  Regular club flight are every Friday at 0930 Zulu (Utc) so that's early evening for you. We host our own sessions with FSX (not P3d) using Direct Connect and Digitalthemeparks multiplayer (ts3.digitalthemepark.org) If you can get yourself on DTP,s TS at 0930z sunday I,ll go through the rest of it with you

there is a pinned post by Tony "Using DTP" which gives some more info

chat to you later or pm me

Hi Noel Welcome. 

I am also new here as well but having a great time. 
Ill try to get online tonight at 0939z.  Happy to provide any help as well, as I work in IT.

Cheers

Richard R

Hi TreeTops, Bruce E & Richard R,

Thankyou for the nice welcome & advice. I'll check out the 'pins' & yes will be home tonight. As mentioned I'm on East Coast EST Aus. time (+10) so looking forward TreeTops to getting a hand setting things up. I'll re-download TeamSpeak.
   Larry Law & I have an occasional catchup; he's in Powell River BC Canada, so evening activities for him may be 'out'. We use Yahoo Messenger, as we can take & share easily screenshots 'on the go', as well as share all sorts of files/pics/links etc. We both use two monitors. I have Plan-G on the left-hand one. The main monitor is 24 inch.
   I wouldn't mind some help at some stage in setting up my PC as a 'host'; for future multisession activity.

On another forum (General) post, where I'm seekiing help with some 'funny-goings-ons', I've put a link to some uploaded screengrabs of my addon scenery list.

= = = = = = = = = = =>>>>>>

= = = = = = = = = = =

Snap -- DTP TS was having "a few hours off" very unusual.

#Noel....if you are unsure of how to get DTP up & running in TS3 I found this guide very useful  

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26864035/Teamspeak Setup_v2.pdf

b19s0L.jpg

Once you have been made a "citizen" of DTP you will need to be granted permission to enter the OZXFC members channel but that is easily done . Let us know what name you are using (mostly first names) so we know who to look out for.

You talk about sharing pics & files etc well this is also easily done by using the "Chat box" in TS.

Hope to talk soon 

Edited by Bruce e