JayKae

Happy Birthday OZx

20 posts in this topic

Born from a oddity and difference of opinion OZx originally provided a home for freeware designers for Australia to have a home to develop this until one day :butch:  (butch) said, hey, can you host a repaint for me? Sure mate, no worries was the answer and... the rest is history :) 

Thank you to all members who make OZx what it is to this day, salute to the fallen, Jackie, Hutchie may you smile upon us. 

Thank you for your support everyone, it has been one hell of a ride 

Everyone is a cog in the wheel that is OZx 

Happy Birthday OZX. May you have many more. It is a certainty whilst the Batman remains behind the scenes (ever vigilant). The person to thank for this is Jay. Thanks you mate.

Cheers

Bernie

Hear hear. This is my flightsim home right here.

Thanks to Jay for providing the infrastructure and for looking out for us as always. Mighty appreciated mate.

Thanks also to all past and present active members who make this place what it is.

:wub:

Happy Birthday to you , Happy Birthday to you , Happy birthday dear Aussiex .. Happy Birthday tooooo yooooo (Hip Hip Hooray)

Well done Jay.. and a happy birthday to you and Ozx.. I cannot imagine the work that went into this, But what I can do is give you a big THANK YOU!! Teecee.

Jay,

thanks to you and your apparently endless energy and computers OZx has been so sucessful.  Philosophy may have changed over time but your dilligence and expertese has never waivered.  Happy Birthday OZx and my gratitude to you for having us for guests.

WOW... what a great birthday present to OZx and of course... HAPPY BIRTHDAY OZx, of course it needs no mention, but its important that we do, thank you to our benefactor Jaykae and all of the freeware artists that give their time to our passion. 

..........and another thanks from across the ocean. Jaykae your doing a fantastic job, where would we be without all your hard work! :beerchug::beerchug:

Happy Birthday OzX!

Thank you JayKae for making this site what it is.  My flightsimming life has definitely gained so much since finding this site years ago.

Thanks also to all the members, past and present, for contributing so much to keep this site running and so full of such great freeware, knowledge, and interesting conversation.

:sorcerer: :goodjob: :beerchug:

Cheers,

Happy Birthday indeed!

Thank you Jay for a wonderful site.

At first I only posted my Australian themed repaints here, but I quickly felt at home...

Tell me, which birthday is it? and did it originate from the old Australian Virtual VFR site which hosted such luminaries as Ian Thatcher (Ian produced excellent scenery for Tasmania if I recall) and then become Vista OZ and then become OZx (non-commercial) and Orbx (commercial)??

Thank you all it is a pleasure having you all here and no bassman, OZx was part of Orbx Freeware Team until a little disagreement over a nudist beach led to a break up between the two, the freeware boys had nowhere to go so overnight I came up to do OZx, ran it by Mark and the rest is history, this is now 8 years ago lol

As a correction Vista Australis was never something else first, John and I met over at BEV and when he stopped working for BEV him and I joined forces, I had the server know how, he had the scenery know how and together (11 years ago) VOZ 0.99 came out December 24th, 2004 :) 

Edited by JayKae

Happy Birthday OZx!

Thanks Jay for all your hard work you do to keep it going and to everyone who contributes to the site! :)

Happy birthday to OZx. My life would honestly be so much different without this place :)

this is now 8 years ago lol

OMG... it's hard to believe we are eight years down the road now. I couldnt believe this so I checked the date I bought AU Blue... April 1st 2008! :huh::o 

Cheers :butch: 

Yes... many happy returns OZX, ... great site (now better than ever), great mob, great management, and great contribution to our hobby.

Many thanks Jay, and all of you for your efforts.

Cheers