Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

JayKae

MEMBER ANNOUNCEMENT: HUGE CHANGES BETWEEN JUNE 24-30

Question

You will see what I mean but just to let you know there WILL be issues and I will start a to-do list when all this goes down so to speak :)

Don't worry, still good old OZx just a new and improved one and yes, at first everyone will probably hate it but progress has to be made :)

67 answers to this question

Looking good so far Jay, a lot leaner in appearance but quite good all the same.

One thing to note just for bugcheck: The right column lists on main (Home) page don't have ability to hide unneeded elements, this may just be by design and therefore irrelevant.

When you have this site totally sorted will you be implementing for other sites you run across the board.

One suggestion if I may, since the pages are mostly grey text on white without post separators, will there be available user tools to Customise/change background colour and if necessary text on page. I have some user difficulty when too much white background is in use.

Edited by Jethro-VH-JET

I see, but the problem still exists. The voting should only be done by users that actually know that it is right.

I guess it won't become a problem for a forum of this size, but then again, I have trouble seeing good arguments for such a feature.

I don't think you get how it works, the final solution lies with the OP, when the OP finds the fix in the answers he marks it as solved and that answer is the only one that counts, better get used it mate :) All forums using IPS will be moving to this format soon :) 

Hi Jay,

Maybe it might be possible to make available a "Help" link at the bottom of the main page like before, which explained the various Forum features and how they work. I personally found this invaluable information when learning my way around the forum as a novice user, it might prove useful to learning the new features with this new look forum.

Was the original Help link something you had specially scripted or created to make navigation easier for novice users or a generic script produced by the IPS designer.

If there is already a Help link could you please point out where it is located.

Ooo cannot wait to see what changes you are going to make. You mention something about the next gen forums, would that mean a significant upgrade is due?

We fully trust you at the helm JayKae and fully appreciate your work and commitment. Look forward to the new look.

Kind regards,

Tim..

+1

Good luck with the changes Jay!

Rick

lol Ron, seriously,   :spanish: you are :deadhorse:  , so all I can say is this 

You Ron --->  :crosstheline:    :bat: <------ Me 

hahhahahhaa :P

Edited by JayKae

:cg-1976:  A change is always good, but at OzX at least we always have  :batman:  to warn us of the coming trials and errors of something new.

Will miss the old format but no doubt we'll all benefit from the change! 

One snag so far - the Nemeth Beta sub-forum seems to be missing. Could you check, JayKae if you have a moment - Thanks!

Also we're missing our signatures - guess we'll have to re-submit?

Cheers - Dai.

Edited by ddavid
Ommited text

It's very echoey in here. So much room. It'll be OK when we get some curtains up and furniture in. ;)

Actually it's shaping up well.

Edited by Ron Attwood
Thought of something else.

Thanks guys but I am far from there yet, the rebuild is still progressing as all files have to be converted to the new format, then after that, see if my tweaks work still then templates, logos etc etc

It is by design but I might be able to code it.

Your last question, I am not not sure about yet Jethro, also I first sandboxed it thoroughly since beta, but quite a few things changed last minute but yes, once OZx is up and running it is the other's turn :) 

here, I do not answer to anyone other than myself and the amazing members here, at Orbx and REX I answer to the guys who run the show there :) PLUS OZx uses the full suite (downloads, blogs etc etc) whereas the others don't so OZx is the most difficult one :)

Hi Jay me again, one thing of great significance, as an aside to the forum itself, that I really really like are the Email notices sent for followed posts. A vast improvement on the plaintext emails that came from the old forum. Clear, crisp, concise, perfect, just the way email should be imho.

btw - the "Answer this question" button is excellent not unlike the old "reply" button, takes the user directly to the last post and Edit pane for reply. Though it might  have a tendency to make a user scroll back to a post they would like to quote, as this feature is not available in each user posting as the old style.

Edited by Jethro-VH-JET