Jethro-VH-JET

Question for Ken Hall - Non default - Runway Edge Lights Halo

Question

Hi Ken,

Would it be possible to provide some suggestions about resolving a problem I am seeing with Runway edge light halo at your YTRE Taree airport. The pictures below will show a severe blocky/pixelated appearance of the white lamp halo (Not Normal), and a smooth glow from the blue halo taxi lamps (Normal). All default airfield lights & Orbx Global lighting display correctly along with aircraft lighting and my A2A 3D lights @ other locations around the globe.

Could you possibly point me to the files that may be corrupt in my installation or suggest a solution, as I have a similar problem with these lights at other airports where these light types have been used ( Craig Hanleys recent YSDU Dubbo & your YKII King Island airport) have pixelated white halo only for these light types.

8b61916a461a0c961a58453de5bc2635.jpg

104e6d8d2a003b75382b0f679f465bb5.jpg

2 answers to this question

Thanks Trev,

I have known this for some time as I used to beta test for Orbx a while ago, I have a similar post over there hoping to attract Ken's attention with a view to solving this little distraction. The pixilation issue is difficult to track down as it seems to only affect the white runway edge lights for these particular light models in my sim, making a blocky cloud affect around the halo, all other halos seem unaffected. It would be great and muchly appreciated if someone here had some insights into what causes this problem as it seems I am the only one to experience the issue as severely shown in my pictures, I may have a corrupted .fx file or texture that Ken would be able to identify from a DEV perspective.