Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

BBCM

Keeping OZx in place in the scenery library...

Question

..with the new FTX Central 2.

The original FTX Central had an insertion point tool for OZx scenery, but the new FTC Central 2 does not, or at least I haven't been able to find it.

The result is that the OZx sceneries are shooting to the top of the scenery library as soon as I do a change or update to the library.

Is there anyway of keeping the sceneries where you put them, maybe by cancelling out a piece of

scripting some place? I had been hoping that the new 3.4 patch would do that, but apparently not.

I'm sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else, but I've looked and haven't seen any responses.

Thanks loads! - Rob

6 answers to this question

Hi Rob and welcome.

Questions about FTX Central should be asked in the Orbx forum. There isn't anything we can do about how it operates. We all follow issues like this on the Orbx forum since it is in our interest as well.

Rob,

the new ORBX FTX Central v2 does indeed have an insertion point tool included but as Tree Tops has said the ORBX FTX Central V2 Support Fourm is where you need to pose your questions.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/

Edited by spud

Thanks for the welcome and the reply, Treetops!

Sorry, no , it's not really about Orbx Central, at least directly, it's just my poor way of explaining things.

It's probably not that important: the OZx airports a have to be above the Orbx scenery in the scenery library in

any case. It's just that I also have Ant's airports, and per the OZx manual, Ant's airports should go above OZx

airports in the scenery library.

So maybe I can put the question this way: is there any way now of keeping Ant's airports above OZx airports in

the scenery library? The previous way of doing so no longer works.

As said, It's probably not that important, but I was just wondering.

Thanks loads again! - Rob

Rob,

as you know the OZx scenery is higher in the FSX Scenery Library than ORBX/FTX scenery and addon airports are higher than both OZx and FTX.

The only way to accomplish this is to set up the Library that way then place an insertion point for the ORBX/FTX scenery so it does not move back to the top of the Library whenever the scenery databases are configured etc.

Open FTX Central 2 - Settings - Tools - Library Insertion Points

Highlight the area you want to move and drag it with the mouse.

Simples! 

My problem too... It's really annoying to have to tell another company's software where to go, just because the OZx stuff wants to sit on top of the heap all the time. I haven't yet started to play with insertion points, I guess I should though.