Jethro-VH-JET

Dubbo YSDU - Runway Lights - Halo pixelated

Question

Hi Craig,

Firstly I would like to say thankyou for this fine airport, you have done a magnificent job, can only imagine many many hours spent, but it was worth the effort, congrats.

During the daytime the airport looks magnificent love the contoured grass PR very natural for the area, custom models look fantastic also.

But when dawn dusk and night arrive, I find the Runway lights atop the marker cones have a strange pixelated halo, (Large interconnected transparent squares) see pics below) as though they are low resolution halos.

Could you please have a little looksee at the pictures and your sim, to see if this is a normal feature for this type of light, as all other airfield lights are clear and sharp as are the Global Vector lights outside the airfield.

System specs in sig - sim is FSX, DX9 (FSX Weather set to Clear skies - no ground fog or low clouds in pictures) .

32dbd6c8cde38b980016faaa680968c4.jpg

bc397dfc3ee2e2fa53a6c9af271db310.jpg

49ffb777f9bd16605e347a3d36851ed2.jpg

Edited by Jethro-VH-JET

22 answers to this question

Just a question for you, with all the ground texture and lighting modifications that Rex and other programs do these days, are you running anything other than default?

Hi Trev & Craig,

Thanks for taking a look, these days I can't trust my own hardware (namely the eyes in my own head) and need to ask if others see this strange pixilation, I try to keep my sim really simple for this reason. Could it be an Nvidia graphics driver problem, I use Geforce v347.25whql and have not been 100% happy with its overall performance, could it be my Graphics hardware is failing on some level or the driver needs a reinstall.

As far as REX textures and other lighting mods I don't have REX of any description, but do have FTXGbase and use the Global lights, FTX Trees HD. I have checked the sim elsewhere for this phenomenon but can't replicate it at all, this is the first time I have seen such a halo effect.

I do use FSWConfigurator, SHADE & ENB, so tested without these running but have the Pixelated Halo still. If others aren't experiencing this then it is likely in my setup, but where!! :wonder::fear:

EDIT: Not to worry guys the problem is not in the Dubbo scenery at all, as a visit to "OZX YTRE Taree" has this halo effect as well using the same (lights type) maybe only for me. I think the problem points to something on my system only.

Here's a closer picture with no weather no mods running.

423d5d932c444b26c31bc9b872fcf609.jpg

Edited by Jethro-VH-JET

Thanks for getting back with further info. It appears the light effect has been replaced. Track down the culprit and swap it with something better.

Ive had a good look at mine as well, and they too have a similar effect, although not as pronounced .. Maybe its something I replace down the track.

2015-5-3_15-59-29-28302f30.th.png

I was just wondering what I may have done wrong Truck & R22 + Shead all black ?

Regards Shaun.

Hi Shaun,

This question is probably best left for CraigH and the Dev team as they know what models and textures were used, but by the looks of your screenie you maybe missing some default textures Or something from the OZx libs 1.0 &1.1, hence why the objects are showing as black.

This is how it looks in my sim FSX deluxe gold accpack / dx9

b3a483f5db86ea5d66bab12e0ebe783c.jpg

Edited by Jethro-VH-JET

2015-5-3_17-1-28-602.md.png

The R22 I have is Yellow in the Cessnock Orbx ? and I do not have it in FSX as a A/C so that maybe why ?

Regards Shaun.

My rwy lights have that look too, but nowhere near as much. I wonder if it's a graphics card thing?

I hadn't noticed it until I read this post.

Ian

That shed is a texture that should be in your libs already. Is that FSX por P3D.? We had some issues with P3D that we are trying to fix and they related to textures.

The R22 like the shed should be in your libs already. Ineed to check what objects have been used so I can see if I havnt used something that no one has.

Hi Craig. Thanks again for a great scenery. I am using FSX and am missing a couple of objects like the cars in the parking lot, the shed (as above) and the R22 etc. The question is... Do I have to have the OZx Libs installed to see these specific objects? I don't have them installed as I don't use any other OZx scenery so I suspect that may be the reason why. Grateful for your advice.

Nick

HI Craig,

I am on FSX only and have all the OZx Airports and OZx Libs this is the only black texture`s I have ever come across,would a uninstall and fresh download maybe help? if so I will do so,any thing to rid the black as I love Dubbo and what you all have done, Thank you for your time,

Regards Shaun.

Thanks for answering this Trev. For Nick and Shaun, a reinstall or install of the ozx libs should fix it...hopefully :)

I have tried it all( I think)Uninstall then did a new download both Dubbo and 1.1 Libs then Reinstall Dubbo + 1.1 Libs still the same black area (nil difference) to the last install ? this has me ??? Why is it the Object are not in my Libs? Do I need to do Libs 1.0 as well ??? I have nil black objects in any of my other FSX`s.

Regards Shaun.

2015-5-4_16-32-52-388.png

I would like to thank you all very much for your time over this matter,however something is wrong at my end and after a day and half (1&1/2) of uninstalling and redownloading all Dubbo & OZx 1.0 1.1 Libs I still have black textures, so it time to just go flying a give up on the black shed and fuel truck !!

Once again thank you all very much,

Regards Shaun.

Thank you very much, however ! Out of dropbox download all I get is (Sorry an error has occurred,) The file is damaged.Try obtaining a new file?
Could you maybe send
in another installer ? not Dropbox ?

Thank you so much for the time you are spending with this matter,

Regards Shaun.

Hi Shaun,

Just tested the download, the file from Dropbox seems OK. Don't give up.

The download is one file (hc_eqpt_LIB.bgl) 1.8Mb.

Dropbox is a little slow to respond, but just click the Download button on Dropbox and wait for your "Browser download option dialog" to respond (if using Internet Explorer) then select "SaveAs" create a new folder for the file, and click Open button then Save button. You should then have your file, follow Craig's instruction where to drop this replacement file and hopefully you will have no more black stuff.

Thank you very much, however ! Out of dropbox download all I get is (Sorry an error has occurred,) The file is damaged.Try obtaining a new file?

Could you maybe send in another installer ? not Dropbox ?

Thank you so much for the time you are spending with this matter,

Regards Shaun.

PM me with an email and I can send it there Shaun