Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Esqui

What are you working on?

I have many plans for it for my Ashford to Canterbury map which may arrive in a few years... mainly the Ashford Ring Road conversion to two-way... you know, the one with the shared space and all that... ;) (That's at least a year of roadworks :))

Hey guys,

Here are some pics from the map I've been working on through August - it's a French map from Tours, France!

The thing is that I didn't want to use the usual German splines. I've tried numerous times before to make up a convincing map and I never really got the feeling I was driving on French roads. So I decided to start from scratch and to only use invisi_streets and str-bordstein - in other words, only car paths and curbs.

I also replaced the basic layer of grass with a layer of asphalt as the route I'm building only ever takes place in the city.

Enough talking, let's get to the screenshots.

(The first two pictures are missing some objects which have been added since then.)

VVTQvsR.jpg

Rue Léon Boyer

g81lU4B.jpg

Rue Léon Boyer, Archives Municipales St Eloi in the background

P78bULS.jpg

Terminus 3A / 3B - La Pléaide

X7spGvp.jpg

Gare de Tours (Central Station) and Rue Edouard Vaillant

c6pZUq6.jpg

Gare de Tours (Central Station) and Boulevard Heurteloup

vfiiw89.jpg

Gare de Tours (Central Station) and Gare Routière (Central Bus Station)

For now I'm only working on the routes 3A and 3B which run from La Pléaide in La Riche (neighboring town to Tours) to either St Avertin Onze Arpents (3A) or Chambray Vinci (3B) through lots of different neighborhoods and towns including the very centre of Tours.

I'm 70% done on the Western part of the routes, but an awful lot of work is still required.

That's an interesting approach to map-making. Are the resilts good?

I would say so. It finally allowed me to get a real feel of my city and that's what I was aiming for.

You also have full control of the AI traffic, meaning if you don't want to bother too much with an intersection at the moment you just focus on building the paths you need for your route, and you come back to it later to finalize it. It allows you to progress faster... and you don't get those nasty spawning-from-nowhere AI cars!

Nonetheless I've noticed that the road seems to have slightly less "grip" than on the usual splines, especially at greater speeds. But as I said on the previous post, this whole route runs in urban areas and thus the speed never exceeds 50 kmh.

IF it is the texture that is too German, then you could perhaps just make a copy of the original splines.intersections into another folder and retexture the graphic files accordingly.
Also, do the traffic lights work?

This is a good point. The traffic lights will need to be paired to a crossing.

Maybe I'm wrong, but with only invisi splines, traffic order will be chaotic, won't it?

Btw, screenies look fab, osvalt. Nice one!

Edited by Oh Gaz

you can make invisible junctions in the junction editor for the traffic lights and traffic priorities to work correctly and then make the "junction scenery" with the pavements and road surface objects.

Also, do the traffic lights work?

Maybe I'm wrong, but with only invisi splines, traffic order will be chaotic, won't it?

As jorD1 said, I'm only using ampelsplines and it works perfectly. Depending on the crossing, you can set them up almost as you wish and the different timings are usually right.

IF it is the texture that is too German, then you could perhaps just make a copy of the original splines.intersections into another folder and retexture the graphic files accordingly.

I thought about that, but I've never retextured anything, I'm not really good with all those softwares. Also there is almost no location on my map which could use the basic splines, almost all roads and crossings configuratons have to be hand-made.

Btw, screenies look fab, osvalt. Nice one!

Thanks, although I'm only using in-game scenery, I did not make any of my own!

Been quite a while since I've worked on this but I'm continuing with the Plaxton President. I'm only able to dedicate a few hours a week on it, but been working on the interior and cab equipment:

58.jpg

Cab1.jpg

Wow stunning work Daniel. Can't wait to see that, and your Gemini as well.

For the President, is there any plan to do a shorter wheelbase version and a version for the B7TL?

Thanks guys! :D

What a quality!

In Blender?

Huiguita

Been using 3ds max to build it.

Wow stunning work Daniel. Can't wait to see that, and your Gemini as well.

For the President, is there any plan to do a shorter wheelbase version and a version for the B7TL?

I do plan on doing a shorter wheelbase version as well (10.45m I think? - I'll need to double check), and possibly a version with bonded windows. Wasn't planning a B7TL version as I've been building it based on Lothian's fleet which I believe are all Tridents now.

Ah good point, I didn't know about different years having different logos, thanks. :) Some cab photos I found have the steering wheel centre blank and some have the Transbus logo, so it'll probably be best to have it blank on the model. I think it should be possible to select different number plates in the game, but I haven't got to that stage yet :)