Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Esqui

What are you working on?

Latest update!!!!!!!!!!
It looks SO gorgeous. This brings me back to my days riding these and calling them the 'meow' buses (I was like 5 :P, besides, they make such a nice whine!)

MAN SL200 Progress 4.1.jpg

I'ts been a while, so for those still interested in my Route 278. A small update; St. Micheal's Hosptial, just after the old Superstore terminus.

photo HOSP1_zpszwij3wuh.png

photo HOSP2_zpswsfxht15.png

Edited by BREL321

For those interested in my Route 278. A small update; St. Micheal's Hosptial, just after the old Superstore terminus.

photo HOSP1_zpszwij3wuh.png

photo HOSP2_zpswsfxht15.png

im interested in this map. everything looks good so far :)

I'm working on the timetables of Bowendham V4 with a mixture of single and double deckers on every route. Also the night routes will run during the day and 952/953/954 will run more often. 

Hurrah to another bus for Greater Geelong

Are you considering using my vehicle for Greater Geelong?
I am honored if you are and it should be available within the next few months!

I look forward to your bus progress. There is ofcourse much more to building a bus than just the modelling, but you have made a great start. 

If it gets finished I'm sure if would be a perfect fit for Manly, but there is much to do.

Just trying luck with my first 3 country road splines. Image source is Google Streetview so they needed very much editing and love.

120sfq0.jpg

not bad, I think that the contrast might be a bit much, but I like custom splines. 

Working on a little side project at the moment, which will be a left-hand drive (drive on the right) Australian-themed map. Here's a little shot of a motorway beginning I've done:

2015-08-05_00001.thumb.jpg.92842537d889b

Yes, it uses SimpleStreets splines and objects. But, it should hopefully have a bit of an Australian theme once I'm done with it, and will use a few Australian street signs too, as seen here:

2015-08-05_00002.thumb.jpg.904ce2b045259

(And yes Chuckinho, I do apologise for using signs intended for a left-path map on a right-path map. I will credit you for the signs and some objects though :))

Hueh Look like a Highway Exit In Victoria to melbourne

I based it off the entry/exit to the M4 Motorway here in Sydney located near St Clair. Looks good so far but I still need to populate the majority of the map with various tidbits. I've lowered the overpass bridge now as the original 30% gradient was way too steep for a bus-even the little Urbino 10 jumped a bit when climbing it at 40 km/h.

Next task for this map is to create a few railway objects-the station could do with a few CityRail objects as I intend to simulate a bunch of Rail Replacement routes here and there... Nothing a little SketchUp work won't solve ;)

Working on a little side project at the moment, which will be a left-hand drive (drive on the right) Australian-themed map. Here's a little shot of a motorway beginning I've done:

2015-08-05_00001.thumb.jpg.92842537d889b

Yes, it uses SimpleStreets splines and objects. But, it should hopefully have a bit of an Australian theme once I'm done with it, and will use a few Australian street signs too, as seen here:

2015-08-05_00002.thumb.jpg.904ce2b045259

(And yes Chuckinho, I do apologise for using signs intended for a left-path map on a right-path map. I will credit you for the signs and some objects though :))

Oh, I thought you were apologising for making a LHD Australian themed map. We don't drive on the right...

I'm in the process of making all the M-R and Simplestreets assets RHD bus compatible. So long as you don't introduce any traffic lights or schedules, you'll just be able to swap over the folders in Notepad++. I've only got a handful of crossings to do then I'm finished. Only issue is that I've replaced the road surface textures so they're blank - so you'll have to source Aussie road surface markings.

I'm trying to do what Dazza and Mrmoose have achieved with their UK-themed Bowdenham and Scunthorpe Modern-a sufficiently Australian map... even though it'll all run on the wrong side of the road :P

Edited by Joshua James Maddison

I would strongly advise against that - as a community we're moving on from right-path UK maps. Bowdenham is as popular as ever due to its size and establishment. If you're making a new map, there's no reason to follow suit. If we want RHD buses of a quality to rival the Germans, then we need more left-path maps. There's a glut of them in development at the moment - about 4 or 5, but the more maps there are, the more likely it is someone from the continental crowd will make a bus for us.

Bowdenham was a map made in the way it was out of necessity - there was big demand for a UK-themed map at the time, but there were no assets available to make a truly authentic left-path map. Driving on the right is essentially a compromise - one we don't have to make any more.

Once I've done what I'm doing, you will literally be able to download the junctions, then alter the folder names in the .map files - and the map will be converted (with the obvious exception of sign placement). i.e. - you should carry on what you're doing, but don't invest too much in the technical aspects of the map as a quick path convert isn't too far from completion.

PS:
Chuck - do your Australian road assets come pre-painted? What I'm doing at the moment clears off the German road surface markings as they're not compliant with British standards (and they're set up for the other side of the road). The map author is required to add their own road surface markings. 

Edited by iomex

I would strongly advise against that - as a community we're moving on from right-path UK maps. Bowdenham is as popular as ever due to its size and establishment. If you're making a new map, there's no reason to follow suit. If we want RHD buses of a quality to rival the Germans, then we need more left-path maps. There's a glut of them in development at the moment - about 4 or 5, but the more maps there are, the more likely it is someone from the continental crowd will make a bus for us.

Bowdenham was a map made in the way it was out of necessity - there was big demand for a UK-themed map at the time, but there were no assets available to make a truly authentic left-path map. Driving on the right is essentially a compromise - one we don't have to make any more.

Once I've done what I'm doing, you will literally be able to download the junctions, then alter the folder names in the .map files - and the map will be converted (with the obvious exception of sign placement). i.e. - you should carry on what you're doing, but don't invest too much in the technical aspects of the map as a quick path convert isn't too far from completion.

PS:
Chuck - do your Australian road assets come pre-painted? What I'm doing at the moment clears off the German road surface markings as they're not compliant with British standards (and they're set up for the other side of the road). The map author is required to add their own road surface markings. 

Amen,
Making a Right path map is a step backward not forward if it is designed to "emulate" the UK or Australia.
My intersections are not painted for the most part. This is because the variety of lines can be quite inconsistent. Maybe I should sort that at some stage...
My roadways are generally of 3 widths. 8m (Wyadra), 12m (Ponsonby/Sydney) and 19.2m (Pittwater) wide and I have created both X and T intersections for them. I have created splines with various painted road markings as required and differing footpath textures.
Most are part of MANLY ACT ONE and downloading the Sceneryobjects for the map should mean you have them.

A little update on my map:

ive done a lot to the scenery on the map along on the 86 route, and added a completely new route 42 going out into the countryside.

PS: i am aware of the railway sign in the middle of the road :P

I meant for a trailer in a month or 2 :)

Unless you want to give me a beta version of greater geelong to do the first trailer in :P

Manly act 1 might be a good map to do it on, I'll have to get it installed and try it out...