Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

whistlehead

What are your bus companies up to?

"Did you leave it in the wash with the red ones?" :P

HGJclN5.jpg

Aew6pES.jpg

One of Cambridge's Mancunian Enviro 400s (the one previously emblazoned with "Living Sport" branding) has just received the all-over Cancer Research livery previously worn by KV53FAK, heightening my suspicion that the ALX300 MANs are shortly to be on the way out.

Whippet's new addition sitting at ADL's Harlow compound, still with window advertising from the previous operator. It used to run a shuttle to the University of West London. Handy that it already had the right handrail colour! Also notable is the Go-Ahead E400MMC

18768229300_a2c9abfccf_k.jpgADL Harlow 19/06/15 by Adam Jones, on Flickr

Edited by whistlehead

I know that recently our bus company Uno or the University Bus for Everyone got a new double Decker from Brighton and hove buses however i no good on what bus it is however it looks like a Dennis Tridnet as well as that they have got 4 Dennis Darts painted Red for their new upcoming london route. Some services in aylesbury went to Arriva Max but not sure what they were. 

Catch22Bus are sticking to heritage buses on route 21 for the whole summer, then after that they are bound to be on the 22. :D

3524wp2.jpg28astw5.jpg

2r381go.jpg

Then we get to some SPD's recently entered service on Catch22Bus's Seafront 12 route. But we also have ribble 366 on the 12 aswell, more recently after its run on the 21. Also used on the Seafront 12 is Ex. China Motorbus MCW Metrobus Open Top.

4or3q.jpg

6sco53.jpg

2yln1au.jpg

Then we get to Blackpool transport withdrawing all Excels from their fleet at the end of may this year.

2emj0v9.jpg

And then we get to the New Citaro's in the Blackpool transport fleet, with so many things on it including usb ports and announcements, i couldnt mention everything

slpp4l.jpg

Also from the 28th June, Blackpool transport are changing things on every one of their routes apart from route 4.

Edited by BigOmsiFan

AE09 GYT - the BEST Volvo B7 Stagecoach have in service without a doubt. The aircon was amazing, the WiFi worked (as did the plug sockets!!!) and no rattles, thuds, jolts, bangs or squeals - it just went so smoothly! I was astonished! 

Stagecoach have sold 4 of the ALX 300's to Arriva in Hertford I think - they should be out of service by the end of August - I'll  be sad to see them go. They are usually on the Service 10/10a and 26, and I've heard that the Service 10 will be covered by Tridents (poor people of Newmarket, all the breaking down those Tridents do!), the 26 will be covered by 3 of the B7RLE's from the Busway (I say 3 because there is a potential change of timetable for peak time journey's). 

7 of the B7's are being re-branded and put on the Citi routes (specifically the Citi 4 & 5) and the few left over are continuing service on the Busway with the new B8's.

I'll be sorry to see the ALX300s go, too - they've been regulars on the 13B, so I ride them most mornings. Lovely beasts, I love the smoothness of the transmission whine as they pick up from stationary.

I actually haven't been on a B7RLE which has been at all bad lately. No nasty transmission clonks from any of them, very little in the way of rattles except for one or two of them, and the air conditioning is a godsend on some of the days we've been having lately. It is so much more effective than that on the E400s - possibly because they don't have windows which people can open, meaning that the air con can actually do its job. I haven't been able to get any juice from the power sockets of any of the '09 batch recently, though. I'm actually glad to hear some of them will be sticking around - I've grown rather fond of them. I'd guess that the 12-reg ones are carrying on on the Busway?

Speaking of the B7RLEs, this happened to my ride home today:

EYWoGXi.jpg

AE09GYU (21224). Not exactly the bus' fault (a duck hit it from the side at about 30MPH leaving Swavesey - one hell of a bang), but it did mess up my connections for the evening. You have to marvel at the quality of the glass - if that hadn't been modern safey glazing, the driver would have been perforated with glass shards where he sat.

I wish there was a route with heritage buses in my area! that looks amazing! :o

I can't complain though. First Manchester have a few heritage paints. Like this Bolton Corporation Transport b7rle

Rotala's new Diamond bus north west subsidiary should start repainting the old South Lancs Travel vehicles soon.

I saw this yesterday and when your used to Enviro's and the occasional Volvo/wright combination, its a nice surprise to see something different! I think it was drawn in to help with the lack of vehicles after the Wright Axcess were withdrawn(:(). It was the first time i saw this new MCV design and the first time i've seen a B8!

Stagecoach have sold 4 of the ALX 300's to Arriva in Hertford I think

If you miss Stagecoaches ALX300's then come to Wigan! there are lots and lots of them up here! xD

Speaking of the B7RLEs, this happened to my ride home today:

Quack indeed! :wacko:  Great quality glass that i am sure the driver is thankful for.

I can't complain though. First Manchester have a few heritage paints. Like this Bolton Corporation Transport b7rle

I agree the heritage repaint are lovely but some of them could do with a resparay for example the Bury Corp B9tl seems to have had some repairs done next to the front destination which make part of the front look a mess  and the logos on the side are starting to fade and also there lots of scratches on the side from tree branches

Revised livery for Cambridge Park and Ride: https://twitter.com/creatingdesire/status/618419340153630720

Slightly simplified, particularly with fewer marking running over the windows, so it should be easier to keep in good condition. The colour shade used is slightly different as well, though that could just be the lighting - it looks less vibrant and much closer to the Facebook blue. I'm somewhat surprised that this lot are recieving a new coat - 19296 is one of the original '07 E400s. Maybe the rumours of new vehicles for the park and ride are false.

Interesting how they say four colours - I presume that they're including the spare bus. Previously that's been either grey or brown, I wonder what it'll be this time.

Edited by whistlehead

NXWM are just up to repainting buses into Crimson livery. First Omnilink now done http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1750-1953/1871.html and that will likely be the first bus I catch in the new livery, as that bus is frequently allocated to the 904E (Erdington-Sutton), 66A and 28. Its highly likely I will see it on its first week in service in new livery (and hopefully catch it). I would not be surprised if every Omnilink I catch by September/October will be in Crimson livery.

I personally hope they don't do it to the ALXs, Geminis maybe though.

Also Central Buses have withdrawn their 28E (NXWM still run theirs). This means that I will probably never catch a Dennis Dart ever again being operated locally and will only ever be catching NXWM buses for now. Such a shame as the drivers on that route were some of the politest, although there is an awesome driver on the NXWM 28/28E - always says Hello, thanks, ta and so on... and so many passengers get on and have a normal chat with him.

Edited by twmmcw

Stagecoach in Wigan seem to be re-organising their vehicle/route allocation.

My local route (the 598) is usualy operated by the ALX300's but there has recently been an increase of E300's and even a few of the ex-firstbus Volvo B7RLE Eclipses. The Eclipses are usualy used on the 540 route to Bolton.

I'm not complaining though, i love the Eclipses xD (even though most,if not all, still have firstbus interior!)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thejamster/8682524501/

Edited by Spitfire16

Just learned Whippet has acquired not one but three new E200 darts - one 57-reg and two 12-reg, all ex-Impact. They're to bear a new livery for smaller buses - Whippet "Puppy". Not sure what this signifies or if they'll be tied to certain routes - but what I do know is that that makes it the 9th livery that buses in the company have worn in the last 15 years! https://twitter.com/GoWhippet/status/619487069442830336

It's also nice to hear that the dog, Henry, is returning to the regular livery (albeit in a small way): https://twitter.com/GoWhippet/status/619465892146073600

I think I mentioned the craziness of Arriva (Holland) with line 37 some time ago, somewhere here.

Last week I used it again, and they implemented their almost monthly route 37 changes. Surprised to see this time it was no temporary change due to construction works, but permanent instead. As usual with the changes to 37 the goal is to delay it, by routing it via small streets and corners while reducing the amount of stops serviced.

So instead of going strait along a quiet road at the edge of a university/business site. It now goes through the university/business park with 5 sharp turns and many more small bicycle crowded streets. Succes, it now take 5 minutes more, good job Arriva. At least a bridge under the highway build 50 years ago has finally got it's first purpose.

I wonder how the bus will go when I come back in 6 months. Guess it will travel to the moon first, before continuing the "normal" route.

here in Southampton first Hampshire have announced their service changes from the 6th September many of the route are losing there buses so they can go on a new route to rival go south coast 

Reading Buses are trailling out a few buses

MB Citaro Euro 6 8.6M and 12M, Optare Metrocity, Wrightbus Streetdeck and the New Routemaster. And set to trial an innovative new hybrid electric re-powering system from Vantage.

Also Reading Buses has taken over route 90 from First bus and it will be changed to the lion 4/X4

085440cf1f2041d36eb858c3282c2636.png

So, NXWM have finally got the 71/72 branded E200 MMCs in service, that should have started in June but did not due to delays at ADL.
 Saw one this morning, first E200 MMC I have seen on the 71, and i'll be seeing more in September as the 71 goes to Sutton Coldfield (Lower Parade/Gracechurch Centre).

Look at you getting Borismasters, NXWM only have a very small amount of routes that use Hybrids, and Volvo B5LHs at that, and of course - its Wright and NXWM have not had any new Wright's since 2013 - and won't be, probably, for a while.

I do hope ADL sort out the delays, as currently all of the new buses in the West Midlands will be later than what we are told for the next few years (2018).

Also, NXWM has been losing the 56 reg B7RLEs to NX Dundee, now Xplore Dundee: http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1750-1953/1779.html

(In the green version of NXWM Crimson livery, with new Xplore Dundee logos) Looks like the WM is stuck with the almost silent B7RLE Wright Eclipse 2's, with their Ecolife (as opposed to Ecomat) gearboxes..

Edited by twmmcw

So, NXWM have finally got the 71/72 branded E200 MMCs in service, that should have started in June but did not due to delays at ADL.
 Saw one this morning, first E200 MMC I have seen on the 71, and i'll be seeing more in September as the 71 goes to Sutton Coldfield (Lower Parade/Gracechurch Centre).

Look at you getting Borismasters, NXWM only have a very small amount of routes that use Hybrids, and Volvo B5LHs at that, and of course - its Wright and NXWM have not had any new Wright's since 2013 - and won't be, probably, for a while.

I do hope ADL sort out the delays, as currently all of the new buses in the West Midlands will be later than what we are told for the next few years (2018).

Also, NXWM has been losing the 56 reg B7RLEs to NX Dundee, now Xplore Dundee: http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1750-1953/1779.html

(In the green version of NXWM Crimson livery, with new Xplore Dundee logos) Looks like the WM is stuck with the almost silent B7RLE Wright Eclipse 2's, with their Ecolife (as opposed to Ecomat) gearboxes..

Only 1774-1787 are going to Dundee. The livery you see on that photo is not yet complete, it still needs to get light green above the windows