Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

whistlehead

What are your bus companies up to?

Stagecoach has just announced its new order for 2015, including 10 euro 6 B8RLEs - which I suspect might be seen on a Busway near me at some pint in the near future, as I can think of nowhere else where Stagecoach operates Volvo-Wright combinations which it has bought for itself (as opposed to acquiring with an operation).

I'm quite excited, and I hope they're slightly less whiny than the B7RLEs (though I am growing rather fond of them).

Also in the order are E400MMC bodied N230UDs - to be the first of their kind, I believe.

We've recently acquired three 06-registered E400s from Manchester - I saw one of them this morning. They're a bit of an oddity in a fleet made up almost entirely of '10 registered E400s, as they're of an earlier version of the design - louder, with a more Trident-like sound and the engine grill on the other side. We've had an ex-Manchester bus before, an 08-reg bus in "living sport" all over advertising.

Meanwhile Whippet recently scrapped all but one of their W---MKU ELC-bodied DAFs - a shame, as they were lovely buses, but apparently they had fatal chassis or body flaws. To the best of my knowledge, they're sitting in the yard of a local coach hire company (Young's) awaiting disposal.

So what have bus companies in your area been up to?

Well, we've been sending down 06-registered E400s down to Cambridge :D :D

All the enviro400s from 06-58 in Manchester are knackered anyway.

as I can think of nowhere else where Stagecoach operates Volvo-Wright combinations which it has bought for itself (as opposed to acquiring with an operation).

London with B5LH / Wright Gemini 3s?

Well, we've been sending down 06-registered E400s down to Cambridge :D :D

All the enviro400s from 06-58 in Manchester are knackered anyway.

London with B5LH / Wright Gemini 3s?

I stand corrected :P I think it would be unlikely for Stagecoach to order high-speed single deckers for the capital, though...

I presume that the Enviros are to allow ALX400s to be cascaded to Peterborough, to replace the last of the Olympians. I was lucky enough to get a good ALX400 instead of a clapped out MAN ALX300 on my service today (I deliberately avoid the Gold deckers because the seats do my back in). Tuneful beast, especially on the downhill A-road sections.

Edited by whistlehead

I stand corrected :P I think it would be unlikely for Stagecoach to order high-speed single deckers for the capital, though...

I presume that the Enviros are to allow ALX400s to be cascaded to Peterborough, to replace the last of the Olympians. I was lucky enough to get a good ALX400 instead of a clapped out MAN ALX300 on my service today (I deliberately avoid the Gold deckers because the seats do my back in). Tuneful beast, especially on the downhill A-road sections.

Stagecoach London have 13 Mercedes Citaros

Go north east have just ordered about 20 Wright Streetlites for 3 services including an award winning route called the 'Red Kite', because of its spectacular route branding.

At the moment, currently cutting services... Buses of Somerset have nothing better to do these days.

At the moment EYMS are currently slowly upgrading or renovating their busses. Also making some changes to some routes. I hope they get some of the more tired busses repaired because they just look awful.

Not much going on here in Sydney. The STA are getting shortened K280UBs with special Bustech VST bodywork that will allow them to replace the last of the Mk Vs running Waverley area routes, CDC are still buying B7RLE Optimuses (though the B9TL decker is still yet to enter service), and not many new buses are showing up here in Region 1 territory (with Custom's near-dissolution, vehicle orders have dried up-Busways are supposed to have two new MAN CB80s sitting around at Glendenning depot but I haven't seen them in service yet).

Since taking over Blue Mountains Transit CDC hasn't really transferred any older yellow buses over, although a lone B10M did get transferred from Hillsbus to Katoomba and a new Express-bodied K280UB just recently entered service as well. I predict any future orders will be Volvos, on Volgren bodywork, as per the standard CDC Group decree.

Wollongong operator Premier Illawarra has absorbed Greens Northern Coaches (which operates near its contract region), and placed it into a separate new company (Premier Charters). Another branch of the Premier group has also recently taken over charter and former Region 3 operator Hopkinsons.

Stagecoach London have 13 Mercedes Citaros

I think that B7RLEs are more suited to interurban work than Citaros - when I ride the busway, on the sections on the road in Cambridge they're always tugging like a dog on a lead - "let me go, let me go!". They're happiest with the rightmost pedal flat down on the busway. Meanwhile, Citaros are found in inner-city work all across Europe - though I don't have much experience with them personally. That said, in OMSI Citaros certainly seem to be happy with any work they're given.

Transdev Keighley haven't had anything new since a batch of Wright bodied B7RLE's in 2008, but recently got 3 new (ugly as sin) Wright Streetlite DF's for service 500, while the B7RLE's used on Shuttle662 are to be refurbished, having been new in 2005.

TLC Travel are replacing their Enviro 200's new in 2012 with some new ones.

Go north east have just ordered about 20 Wright Streetlites for 3 services including an award winning route called the 'Red Kite', because of its spectacular route branding.

I love those buses.....

Living in London there's new buses left, right and centre, but going up to Colchester to visit family it's an entirely different story. First Essex/First Colchester hasn't seen any brand new buses since around 2000. Newest buses are 58reg Eclipses displaced from Chelmsford.

only thing around here is blackpool transport getting 10 brand new citaro's, 12 metre 1 door full low floor throughout with the latest fuel and energy efficient Euro 6 engines. The seats will be trimmed in E Leather with wood effect flooring and free wifi and mobile charging points for customers and extra room for wheelchairs and customers with buggies. Next stop announcements will also be a feature of these new vehicles.

Meanwhile, at Catch22Bus...

Just a load of 15 year old Cardiff buses acquired to the fleet recently...

Screwing up one the rare old bi's that are still running :( These even have a different platform system.

118d53e8a0490fb002f9f1baf4f3cbd4.jpg

Compare it to this one (one that is not messed up)

Expresso_Biarticulado_Curitiba.jpg

I think someone crashed it. These are from a company from another city, and now they run on mine. (Notice how even the original bus has quirky headlights :P)

Shame. And they sound sooooo good aswell.

Edited by Raphael_Fa

here in southampton i think first are getting more wright streetlites i understand go south coast bluestar are to get some new buses some stage this year for the route 18 in southampton but not sure what they will be

I've literally just boarded one of the 06-reg ex-Manchester E400s - it's not quite going where I want but I have some time so I'm making a diversion!

First thing I noticed is the fixed assault screen. Slightly grubby inside, and plenty more rattles than the 10-reg examples, especially the front of the top deck (the destination board enclosure, perhaps?)

Lumpy on the downshifts and the driver keeps revving it when stationary, so I suspect she's not the healthiest beast.

Interesting how over time, ADL has refined the E400 from a merely good product to an excellent one - the 10-reg buses are subtlety better in nearly every way.

I think 19092 is the oldest E400 here now, and its rather loud. Enviros are the bus of choice of school services run by any garage other than Middleton, who don't have any. So they are falling apart a little.

Putting incredibly unsuitable buses on certain routes. Today I got the 41. The usual small E200 or Solo was replaced with a Tempo. And, inevitably, we were sat helpless for about 10 minutes because we couldn't get past some parked cars

Putting incredibly unsuitable buses on certain routes. Today I got the 41. The usual small E200 or Solo was replaced with a Tempo. And, inevitably, we were sat helpless for about 10 minutes because we couldn't get past some parked cars

that sounds like why first in southampton stopped running the running up north east road due to cars parked on both sides and a dart being to big its worse it would be worse now they use b7rles on the route

Bradford a few weeks back, picture the scene.

First route 846/847 takes in back roads of two estates which have been served since the late 80's minibus era under various route numbers. Starting with Sherpa's, Metrorriders and Starriders to Plaxton bodied Merc 709d's and now Optare Solo's.

Imagine the surprise a few weeks back when for a number of days, rather than a Solo squeezing down some of the roads, First allocated a Volvo B7TL/Alexander ALX400 instead!

Got to admire the drivers though, it must take a lot of skill to get large vehicles through roads designed for smaller vehicles

National express west mids are in the process of replacing all buses that are reg before year 2000.

Our garage has just had training for the new E400 MMC bodied and our first proper one shows up today! We're getting 26 of them at Yardley wood and our current E400s we have are going to west brom garage. Our company has bought loads of these E400 MMC's and are putting loads of them in each garage :)

National express west mids are in the process of replacing all buses that are reg before year 2000.

Our garage has just had training for the new E400 MMC bodied and our first proper one shows up today! We're getting 26 of them at Yardley wood and our current E400s we have are going to west brom garage. Our company has bought loads of these E400 MMC's and are putting loads of them in each garage :)

I was reading an article about those in Coach and Bus Weekly the other day - the author was very much in favour of them. They made a valid point about the new emergency exit Safe-T-Punches, though - how long will it be before somebody tries one out?

I like the way that NEx has done the new livery around the front end - the small black area below the windscreen brings out the angular shape of the lights. Very sympathetic to the body style, I thought.