Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

Autogyro's Carenado PC12 Overhaul Mods + Repaints

Hello all,

For anyone interested in my ongoing Carenado PC12 overhaul mods and any repaints, they will be posted in this thread.

Carenado PC12 Overhaul Mod

v1.3 Download link:

drive.google.com/fil...ZXM/view?usp=sharing

Here is the changelog from Carenado's SP1:

• Engine ITT reading adjusted based on formula to take into account altitude, temperature and torque. This is the main purpose of the mod. There is, simply, no other way to correct ITT without using a custom variable and SimConnect.
  • ENGINE ITT gauge fixed - error in maths means the tick mark did not correspond to correct ITT value
  • Airframe drag adjusted to better match book values (was ~2 knots too fast)
  • Fuel consumption adjusted to match book values (now should match book values for fuel consumption almost exactly in ISA conditions)
  • .air file adjusted to update throttle position vs altitude to better match torque stability vs altitude.
  • Battery simulation amended. Should have ~60 minutes of battery power with batts on and everything off, ~40 minutes with everything on (basic)
  • Battery max voltage to 25.2 V, to allow sufficient time to start up prior to dropping below 24 VDC
  • Amps simulation amended - will display amps increase with electrical load changes (visual only due to FSX battery simulation)
  • STBY BUS behaviour corrected - will switch on the standby bus via battery 1. This means you can power up the airplane using the STBY BUS switch to do your lamp testing prior to battery start
  • CAWS Panel fixes:
  • PUSHER ICE MODE light - will come on with INERT SEP and PROP HEAT both switched on
  • N ESSENTIAL BUS light - will come on with battery VDC < 22 volts
  • PAS OXY light - will only switch on when supplying oxygen (in other case, when oxygen knob is turned to "ON")
  • Fuel pump cycling sound fixed - error in gauge string
  • Louder jet fuel pump sound
  • Engine Ng start up indication improved (fuel introduction at >13%, low idle lowered to ~60%)
  • Cabin temperature knob corrected - Cabin temp knob will now change your cabin temperature setting
  • 'Tapes and Eights' fix for EIS test
  • Viewpoint shifted slightly higher (I suggest setting your view angle slightly down to allow you to read the instruments)
  • Text size for cabin temp display increased
  • Bert's v2.4 autopilot/radio and v5.2 /transponder fixes included
  • Brake strength marginally increased
  • Corrections to autopilot altitude chime when set altitude reached
  • Corrections to gauges to zulu time

Additional bonus content I have included:

• Pilatus PC12 Short Checklist rev3
  • Louder fuel pump sound

Here is the roadmap for future updates:

• (optional) sound update including custom sounds
  • (optional) additional repaints
  • Aircraft registration sticker above EADI
  • CAWS panel complete fix
  • Fuel kg display mod
  • Further corrections to the FDE
  • Plus bug fixing and tweaking as necessary.

If you intend to use my PC12 repaints for FSE and/or for your Group, please contact me first (especially if you need alternative registration numbers). Although the repaints provided below are free to use, if you would like to use it for FSE purposes a v$ donation would be appreciated as each repaint generally takes ~10-20 hours for me to do (thanks Carenado for misaligning and rotating every single panel). If you would like a private, custom repaint please PM me.

N594WA Repaint

drive.google.com/fil...Uk0/view?usp=sharing

A repaint of N594WA, to spice up your flying in FSX/P3D. There are some corrections and additions to be made - these will be done on a 'when I have spare time' basis.

6i7OP0c.jpg

LX-JFK Repaint

drive.google.com/fil...aG8/view?usp=sharing

A repaint of Jetfly's PC12. There are some corrections and additions to be made - these will be done on a 'when I have spare time' basis.

VbTEjMa.jpg

N809SA Repaint

drive.google.com/fil...R3M/view?usp=sharing

A repaint of one of the new SurfAir PC12s. There are some corrections and additions to be made - these will be done on a 'when I have spare time' basis.

fq0vYRe.jpg

Thank you also :goodjob:

Just one query before attempting installation: are the updates cumulative or stand alone?

v1.6 Released:

Changelog:

• Revert back to local time for gauges due to ongoing bug reports for behaviour on zulu time.
  • Wind Drift Angle Bug (Wind Correction Angle) and Heading Bug corrections.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkheUwySHd1bFdFazQ/view?usp=sharing

Example of the Drift Angle Bug:

xk5JWQe.jpg

Edited by autogyro

v1.8 Released!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhSnNMMThpaWY4cVU/view?usp=sharing

This corrects the Drift Angle bug to cyan.

Please check that the mfd_centred_drift_bug.bmp is the only .bmp file remaining within your GAUGEPC12EHSI folder within your panel folder. Thanks

Colorado DPS N327SF Repaint:

Next, we have Colorado N327SF repaint release as well:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhajFmTHhaUEZOQVE/view?usp=sharing

b7j43fS.jpg

And finally we have a WIP shot of the next repaint, D-FUEL:

nSdP5il.jpg