Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joshua Horton

Winsenburg 2015

Question

34 answers to this question

wow, i love this map... its so detailed and neat... thanks for pointing it out..... i love the map but wonder if anyone would take offense if i "English-ize" it..... not for distribution just for myself... i find that when im driving on non English maps the stops and destinations confuse me cause I don't recognise the names etc.....

I'm in two minds on this one ... I loved the original Winsenburg map and it's a great example of a busy bustling city with high-frequency bus services and countryside routes, so lots to tickle your fancy. It's a shame that it was removed for download.

The new one has tried to fix one of the biggest problems - the Hauptbahnhof area was very busy and frame-intensive (bendy buses would frequently be sat there with the back bit spinning round and round in the air in circles!), and has made changes to the route network. I'm not convinced that the timetables have changed for the better, it's a lot of tinkering around with terminuses and removing the interworking between services (I enjoy maps where this happens so you're not stuck with one bus on the same service for hours).

Also seems to have been rushed a bit with spelling mistakes on the destination displays and dodgy track & trip entries (service 126 to Gardelegen doesn't show a service number for example).

But ... if it's the start of the map being extended further, which I think it might be from Google translating German on another website then I'm all for it.

Don't get me wrong - it's still worth the download, but the original author's vision was better. :)

... and jq371 - if you're making changes for your own personal use that aren't for redistribution who can stop you doing it or would take offense by you doing it? ;)

The popular Winsenburg map, which had the link removed, has been updated, by the original author, and is available here. Downloading as I type!

http://download.oberpfalz3d.de/winsenburg2015.html

Looks good, I shall download later tonight. I have never tried the first version, but I hope it is a decent map none the less

... and jq371 - if you're making changes for your own personal use that aren't for redistribution who can stop you doing it or would take offense by you doing it? ;)

ah thankyou, i know how much work it takes to make a map and one of this high standard even more so, i just wouldnt want to cause offense to the creator for bastardising their work....

Don't get me wrong - it's still worth the download, but the original author's vision was better. :)

From what I have read, this was the work of the original author - or at least he helped make this new version (Translate not being accurate possibly)

The original author is the one who made this. But, he changed it to gain more FPS and some other things.

Thanks for the correction. :) He's definitely succeeded on the FPS front.

My personal wish for a future version of the map would be to see the tram tracks in use, especially the line just beyond Nordstadt Forum which heads off tantalisingly into the countryside.

Has anyone noticed issues with this map. I was running the 104 line and I noticed that the schedule doesn't advance to next stop when you start at Hauptbahnhof - Zoologischer Garten going towards the zoo. The bus announcements advances and calls out the next stop, but the schedule doesn't advance so you can't complete the run. It holding at Hauptbahnhof as if I missed the stop.

Edited by EDawg

I had the same with line M1 and the schedule was way to tight.

At least I'm not the only one that had this issue.

EDIT: I opened the map in the editor and noticed that the first stop on some of routes are entered twice. So I deleted one of them and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Edited by EDawg

:thumbsup:Gonna try that when i'm at home.

Hi,

Got a problem with this map. I have bad frame drops at Hauptbahnhof, but only at night. On daytime there is no problem, the framerate is fine. But at night it stutters a lot, it is not driveable.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

At night Omsi is using lightmaps, they use some extra system resources. On most maps that is compensated by a less busy schedule during the dark hours. The area around Hauptbahnhof is a dense are so adding lightmaps to the mix will not making it any better and there's a good chance you framerates will drop.

Has anyone noticed issues with this map. I was running the 104 line and I noticed that the schedule doesn't advance to next stop when you start at Hauptbahnhof - Zoologischer Garten going towards the zoo. The bus announcements advances and calls out the next stop, but the schedule doesn't advance so you can't complete the run. It holding at Hauptbahnhof as if I missed the stop.

yeah i noticed this too... i was gonna turn back to try and trigger the stop, thinking id made a wrong turn somewhere... glad i wasnt the only one

I absolutely love this map! Already loved it before, but now I have more FPS and that's good ;)

Although I have two problems!

1. When driving the map it feels like the picture is shocking/lagging. It's almost like i'm driving in slow-motion :(

My FPS is around 25-30.. so that's not the problem..

update: this only happens between Hauptbahnhof and Lohweg (I tested this driving the N4)

This only occurs on this map..

2. update: this also happened when I arrived back at the Hauptbahnhof..

m7cknn.png

What can I do to fix this? Thanks!

Edited by Nando van Nieuwkerk

I absolutely love this map! Already loved it before, but now I have more FPS and that's good ;)

1. When driving the map it feels like the picture is shocking/lagging. It's almost like i'm driving in slow-motion :(

update: this only happens between Hauptbahnhof and Lohweg (I tested this driving the N4)

m7cknn.png

Sounds like a memory issue if your getting white busses.

m7cknn.png

You need to allocate more memory for OMSI to use. Have you applied the popular CFF explorer? Edited by MTA3306

Hi! Yes I applied the CFF explorer patch! This problem only occurs when driving this map (not with any other map like Ahlheim, Vlietburg, Hamburg..)

Anyone knows what this could be? This happened to me also with the repaints for Citaro on the map Neuendorf, only the front part load repaints. I already checked .cti files and never solved this problem, and again happens in this map (I made no changes in the files). I will much appreciate if someone could give me some light in this matter;-)

1uYh9gf.jpg

Is there anyone with a solution for Naioria's issue?

I have the same problem and really want to fix this problem, i like this map only those busses are irritating me.

When i check the normal man bus in the vehcile selection i see he complete branded bus, when i check the bmp/dds, it's ok.

Cti is ok, Ai list refers to the good bus.

Anyone know how to solve it?

Firstly, welcome. Secondly, I think that most have forgotten about Naioria and his issue. So, my question is, is it a reoccurring thing?

Is there anyone with a solution for Naioria's issue?

I have the same problem and really want to fix this problem, i like this map only those busses are irritating me.

When i check the normal man bus in the vehcile selection i see he complete branded bus, when i check the bmp/dds, it's ok.

Cti is ok, Ai list refers to the good bus.

Anyone know how to solve it?

Have you tried if the repaint works on other maps, if that is not the case then it might be that the name or computer language isn't correct and therefor omsi might think that you don't have that file.

@MTA3306, sorry for no introduction thread/post, was looking already a "long" time and thought i had posted already, there are so many forums ;)

Thanks for answering.

@Jokervation, honestly i don't know anymore if i tried it, you mean just as bus to drive with or also in the Ai list? In the preview screen, where you can choose your bus, i see the correct on. I will try later on this week. Thanks for the responses :)

Didn't want to flood the topic so I stay quieted until someone bring the topic back, hehehe.

But aswering the question, yes, the repaint works in any maps when I select it. But if I put it to be in the AI through a cti file, just like Winsenburg, then the error occours again. See below:

NUrqUJo.jpg

Edited by naioria

@naioria Could you maybe test if you replace the MAN_NG bus used in the ailist with another bus like for example the Citaro MB530_G from alterr. Could you then use the repaint ? Cause if that works then there might be a issue with the ailist. Which is strange but what's new in omsi 2. :)