Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

JayKae

Farewell Jack

To Whom It Concerns but please all read,

A long long time ago, in the early run up days of VOZ I ran into an old grumpy man by the name of Jack, Jack Gruschow, he came from Rotorua in New Zealand and in writing was the most terrible man.. or so I thought.

Then one day when we started with multiplayer flights, I spoke to him on Team Speak and he was the loveliest old man one could imagine. We have shared laughs, tears, and every other emotion you can think of over the years. My last 18-20 months have been so hectic that I did not even notice Jack was not around anymore until the other day and a joined effort of the team here has confirmed that Jack has passed on to another place.

Jack's favourite plane to fly was the default green C172

19880524DXNNZNESLowe.jpg

Jack, I will miss you my old friend, you taught me a few life lessons and on occasion I cursed you and ranted at you because you had posted another abrasive post on the forum, but anyone who spoke to you on TeamSpeak fell in love with you.

May your and your wife's soul entwine in the arms of eternity my dear old friend. Finally reunited, I know how much you missed her, I know how much you wanted to be with her again. May you both rest in peace for all eternity and know that at OZx every July 29th will be Jack Gruschow Day.

18 months you have been dead and I did not even know... I am so sorry my friend for not realising you were not here anymore, forgive my oversight. Out of sight perhaps but never out of my heart anymore.

Blue Skies Jack... blue skies my friend and stop fiddling with the f*&king settings Jack !!!!!

Also for tomorrow check this out please everyone:

Permanent blog for Jack:

http://jackgruschow.blogspot.com

PS: It would be REALLY AWESOME if one of our painters could make a paint with ZK-JACK of the default Cessna. IF you are interested let me know when you upload it so I can adjust and approve it, please

Yes indeed. Having a paint we could use for the memorial flights would be much appreciated.

Barely a week would pass in the last 18 months without thoughts of what had happened with Jack. We suspected he had finished his days but never knew for sure.

Thank you Jay for posting this farewell thread.

Over Jacks place in his favourite plane.

Jack.jpg

Sorry guys, I'm stuck in the sticks for now, can't help now.

I had assumed Jack had passed otherwise he would have still logged on... I am moving countries and all my stuff is in a container on a boat. As soon as things settle down I'll do a paint for jack. Blue skies mate...

It is a real shame to hear of this news. I am, like I'm sure the rest of you are, just really saddened by the confirmation that Jack has passed. Jack was one of the first people to offer assistance when I asked a question in my first post at OzX. He was a real straight shooter and a top bloke also. Rest In Peace mate.

A bit late, but sorry to hear of Jack's passing.

In regards to the paint, if you just want to use the default green 172, you can just change the tail number to ZK-JACK.

Thanks guys, thought it was appropriate. His profile will never get deleted, it has been excluded from sweeps.

In regards to the paint, I was hoping to put something special up and upload it in Jack's name and well refer to whomever has painted it of course. What do you guys think ?

It missed opportunity to make a repaint for the flight of January.
If your request is always "opened", I have just made this repaint.
Tell me if that answers your wishes. In the affirmative I will place it at your disposal.
All the remarks and ideas are welcomes.
Regards,
Richard
577879682.jpg

740928463.jpg

679623284.jpg

397211555.jpg

623003646.jpg

817199927.jpg

247360238.jpg

Merci mon brave - love the "missing man" and the Gruschow name on the pilot door :thumbsu: - maybe a few reg's for the commemoration flights may be an idea - in addition to JCK and JAK maybe his real name initials?

Its beautiful Richard. Thank you.

I have been thing about the rego being ZK-JAK but im not sure whats others think.

Is that a missing man formation on the tail?

Yes Trev, is the "Missing man formation".

Thank you all for your feedback.

I think that TerribleT and Bruce e have a good solution.

So, I modified the rego and his color.

I also added a red spinner, some weathering, but very, very little.

On the right side I added a blue sticker “Rotorua Airport”. For his home country. (Not very readable due the low resolution of the default texture)

Always due to the low resolution, on the left door, I changed the font to make more readable the name of Jack.

Here what the repaint looks now.

717209961.jpg

646316642.jpg

Thanks guys, thought it was appropriate. His profile will never get deleted, it has been excluded from sweeps.

In regards to the paint, I was hoping to put something special up and upload it in Jack's name and well refer to whomever has painted it of course. What do you guys think ?

I see what you are after Jay.

Great work Richard!