Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Gateshead Guy

Do you listen to music when playing Omsi?

Or even anything else to occupy yourself when playing Omsi (Other than Omsi itself)

I like to listen to music when playing driving as it's soothing and stimulating when I'm driving across Bowdenham (or any other map for that matter) I enjoy listening to my favourite artist James Blunt (He's really uplifting... ;) )

Do you like to use exterior entertainment when playing or do you just listen to the sweet tune of you engine?

Usually no but sometimes I'll put up an episode of Top Gear or a Twitch stream on my other screen.

:)

btv

I do! Switching it up from Radio 538 to Skyradio and 100% NL every now and then to get a variation of music. Sometimes I might leave the radio off and watch TV on my second screen, especially if there's football or darts.

Listen to a party music all the time. And sometimes I put up something from Netflix on my iPad and put it next to my screen. But, 90% of the time I listen to music! Makes the experience 100% better. :)

Also, I use a 5.1 surround just to make it as good as possible.. :D

Edited by gneb

I sometimes listen to music. Depends on what kind of a mood I'm in, I just take a virtual battery radio into the cab and we're off. Obviously it's not blaring out because... well... that just doesn't seem right (I do blare the occasional song which often doesn't go down well) :P

More often than not it's Frag Radio now, although it did used to be Heart.FM (M'cr) and before the BBC R1.

I very rarely listen to my own music as it's a meither to setup and if I do I run it into my Mixing Desk from my Phone on a Stereo Input (unless it's not available in which case it goes into the Mono Microphone Inputs).

Edit / PS - I always play with headphones on, slightly OT but explains why have to plug it into the desk.

Edited by 100Bus

Usually i have something on in the background, from Family Guy, to Top Gear, to Yogscast. :P

Sometimes, if I am doing an easy long route, I just listen to; The smiths, The Jam, morrissey and some 90's dance tunes. I don't really like modern "music".

Agreed, I think music is going downhill at the moment.

I must be the odd one here. I never listen to anything else when driving in OMSI. Probably because, I very much enjoy the "sound effects" that come from any vehicle I'm riding (or driving) in. But I also think that in a simulation (with a lack of peripheral vision}, I've come to depend on engine sounds (truck and bus sims) and track sounds (train sims) to assist me in estimating the speed of the vehicle. Try driving OMSI with the sound turned off.

Rarely. If I'm using a quiet bus on a long, rural route then I'll occasionally have a song playing gently in the background. However other than that I never listen to music whilst playing - after all, do you know how hard it is to judge your gear changes when you're using a manual gearbox (something I always do) when you can't hear the engine?

However in other simulators such as TS2015 or ETS2 I listen to music quite often as it can get quite boring driving down the same road at the same speed for ages :)

Edited by RockGuitar01

Normally not if I'm doing driving but if I'm editing my map then yes. I would listen to music and drive if I was taking screenshots.

No i don't... When i listen to music while driving i'm forget to stop at trafficlights, busstops and other hazards along the way.

I generally don't play music when actually driving because, as Mr Drive says, I find it impairs my driving skill, and also because I find the music clashes with the engine sound or can't be heard over it... but, when making things for Omsi I will always listen to music to prevent myself getting too bored. Unfortunately, good music has the tendency to make me pause in order to enjoy the music... :)

Yes, music while digging into the editor is for me common practise.

I generally don't play music when actually driving because, as Mr Drive says, I find it impairs my driving skill, and also because I find the music clashes with the engine sound or can't be heard over it... but, when making things for Omsi I will always listen to music to prevent myself getting too bored. Unfortunately, good music has the tendency to make me pause in order to enjoy the music... :)

That would explain why ive gone onto the wrong side of the road,when listening to my favourite song :P