Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottharmes6

FSX Kneeboard Navigation Log Fix

Question

Hi all,

For ages I have been plagued by crashes to the desktop with FSX whenever I use the kneeboard Navigation Log. It became so bad I was actually scared to try using it anymore, and just flew VFR when I was flying somewhere I didn't have printed charts for, and didn't really undertake any planned flights to a particular destination. It was obviously so frustrating to spend up to 20 minutes getting FSX and a flight loaded, for it to crash the minute I tried to look at my Nav Log.

I have, of course searched the internet high and low for months (or years) for a solution to this, and never found a cause or solution. Until today. Thanks to Decus22 and a post he made on the SimHQ forum.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3428426/FSX_Kneeboard_NavLog_causing_C.html

The answer is quite simple, and I came so close to discovering it myself, because I was using this very technique and not getting CTD's very recently, but I did not put 2 and 2 together.

The solution: Increase the size of the kneeboard (drag the edges so it reaches it's maximum width). Voila - No CTD. I have only just discovered this, so I can not actually guarantee it works, but so far after a couple of tests it looks like it does. I just had a CTD today, then searched for and found this solution. I then tested the exact situation I got the previous CTD, and there was no crash. I will have to see if there is a way to automatically have the kneeboard open at it's maximum width.

Thanks again to Decuss22 on SimHQ for posting about this.

Cheers,

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet