Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Mount Buffalo Preview Scenery

I am still working on this, and will be for a long time the way things are going. I thought I would put up what I have done so far so here is a link to the scenery and an excerpt from the read me to explain a bit more. The download is around 1.4 GB:

Mount Buffalo and surrounds. Pre-Alpha version

Designed to blend with FTX Australia.
This is just a preview of the Mount Buffalo and surrounds scenery I am working on. The watermask is part done (about 80%), and there is no night texture at this current time. The colouring also has some issues, especially in summer, as there is quite a sharp contrast between the green Mount Buffalo scenery and the FTX Australia summer scenery, although some green textures also appear elsewhere around the area in the FTX scenery. There is also no autogen, or custom buildings at this time. I would also like to achieve a better water colour to better represent the real world colours (everything turns blue in FSX), but so far I have had trouble doing this. This is an ongoing project, so I hope to have a much improved version available for upload at a later stage.
Especially as this is work in progress I would welcome any comments or criticisms regarding the scenery. I have shifted the scenery slightly from it's real world position to match some existing features, so I would like to know particularly if the steep sides of the mountain near the Mount Buffalo Chalet are appearing correctly in Flight Simulator (any real world pilots out there :)).

Finally got a chance to look at the Beta DL.. Thanks for posting it Scott. Love the Mountains, and they blend well with the surrounds in the Summer/Autumn period, I have not checked winter yet... I did the approach to Porepunka and it is very good when compared with RL (see attached vid clip)

overall I love this scenery,and wish to thank Scott for a sterling effort. and I look forward to the release. Teecee.

Just tried it out - Looking really good!

Below is a comparison of the new scenery vs default Holgermesh and FTX, approaching the airstrip:

Mount Buffalo Preview Scenery:

default Holgermesh and FTX:

Keep up the great work!!