Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThePilot777

Hello Everyone :)

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

My name is Marc :) I Love aviation, Love music, drawing.

My favourite Airline is: Aircalin (Air Caledonie International) and my TOP 5 Favourites Aircrafts are: 5:A340; DC10 ; 3: B777; 2: A320; 1: DHC-6 Twin Otter (the 3, 2 and 1 have the same place ;)

Love making Friends (so don't hesite to add me on skype ;) )

My dream is to make FSX Scenery, but, I don't have base (maybe, you can help me, via PM, Skype, etc...)

I'm also French so, sorry if sometime I can't understand (or if you can't undersand me)

Tell me if you want to know more about me (such as my near crash (I wanted a camera at this moment))

Cheers, Marc :)

PS: Skype (for those who want to add me): pro052-973

Wellcome Marc to OZX!! we have here a thread that will give you an idea and some instruction as to how to start with scenery, drawing is a + as you can do your own models and textures.

go to this thread and read and browse through it then make up your mind, this is very addictive and extremely time consuming!...

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/forum/51-ozx-design-guides-and-tutorials/

regards Jorge

Hi, Thanks for your Welcome Messages :)

I want to make scenery because I want to contribute to our FS Community :)

Drawing is just because I'v nothing else to do :) (ex: when FSX is starting or when I do a flight with Autopilot)

One of my Dream, Is to Work with ORBX, I wanna do my Best, but first, I wanna make "Training Scenery", then Doing Freeware Scenery for OZx. If someone want to help me, teach me, I welcome him/her :)

I'm new in this domain, So I have a lot of questions, but First, I wanna chek out the link yout sent me.

First Question, Does Free Satellite Imagery exists? for Photoscenery (Freeware). If not, what is the minimum Price?

Thanks a Lot :)

Cheers, Marc

Google Earth and SbuilderX are the ones for aerial imagery and aquisition, so the answer is yes... free...

Jorge

Hi,

Thanks, but I GE, Virtual Earth and SBX, free imagery, but we can't do public scenery :/ (freeware)

Welcome to OzX Marc.

Good luck with the scenery design. I'm sure if you read the information from the link above you will get a better understanding of how to create FSX scenery. Also the "Community Scenery Design Workshop" older topics may be of help if you just browse through the posts from the past.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/forum/17-community-scenery-design-workshop/

It can be a bit tricky with aerial imagery, but the programs such as SBuilderX, as Jorge mentioned, and there are other programs too, should provide you with the aerial imagery you need to make freeware scenery. Try googling "FSX aerial imagery", or just "aerial imagery", or "satellite imagery" or something similar, and you should find a lot of options to get some aerial imagery. Some will have to be bought, but I and most others here have always acquired imagery for free as long as it is being released for free.

Cheers,

Ok, but I need to be sure, I need to know where can I find free imagery for freeware project :/ on others forum, everyone said that: Google, virtual earth imagery can be used for personnal purpose only :/

If you know servers, or some server rules about using their imagery tell me.

I really don't want to pay for mistake :)

Cheers, Marc

Hello,

My name is Marc :) I Love aviation, Love music, drawing.

My favourite Airline is: Aircalin (Air Caledonie International) and my TOP 5 Favourites Aircrafts are: 5:A340; DC10 ; 3: B777; 2: A320; 1: DHC-6 Twin Otter (the 3, 2 and 1 have the same place ;)

Love making Friends (so don't hesite to add me on skype ;) )

My dream is to make FSX Scenery, but, I don't have base (maybe, you can help me, via PM, Skype, etc...)

I'm also French so, sorry if sometime I can't understand (or if you can't undersand me)

Tell me if you want to know more about me (such as my near crash (I wanted a camera at this moment))

Cheers, Marc :)

PS: Skype (for those who want to add me): pro052-973

Hi Marc I am also new here. Actually your msg made me register so I could reply. I have been lurking those forums for a while having recently started using FSX(after flightgear and xplane).

I am from New caledonia (hence also french ;) )and just had to reply. My brother is a pilot for Aircalin hehhehehheh. Lucky you working in kourou I guess. I can just imagine what you are doing there. except from FSX and xplane I spend a lot of time on kerbal space program. I would so want to see a launch!

I'll hijack this thread and present myself too as it is my first post.

Im alexis, 34yo, from new cal, however I have been in australia for the last 12 years(im also aussie now i guess). I am a chef and I live in cairns. I only fly in the sim as of yet. I hope to learn the real stuff one day!

take care all!

Edited by merlinux

Hi and welcome to OzX Alexis. Hey, flying is what the sim was made for. I wish I spent more time flying instead of always downloading and reading ;). Anyway you'll find heaps here at OzX if you want to add scenery , aircraft , paints, to your sim, or also if like Marc you want to get in to scenery design. I learned how to do it reading old posts here and started off with programs like maps2bgl and just learning bit by bit, and I'm still learning........

I had to look up what Kerbal Space program was, it kind of looks like Lemmings in space. I thought you were talking about a real space program for a minute, but I've been up all night and was watching the "Space Race" doco on TV :).

Anyway I hope you and Marc enjoy it here at OzX . Happy Flying!

Cheers,

Thanks scottharmes.

Kerbal space program is a space flight simulator. You can also design and fly planes (and space planes). Not meant to be 100% realistic by design(unlike orbiter) as it is not set on earth but on a fictive planet (much smaller). It is a lot of fun :)

Im enjoying ozx scenery a lot btw:) Amazing stuff. Ive flown on xplane using a VOZ conversion so I had heard of and visited those forums in the past.

Take care

Edited by merlinux