alrxplgr

PINK FOG AND CLOUDS

8 posts in this topic

hello

after insalling shade,the only problem that i can find is the pink coloure when is fog or inside clouds at day and night.

Any idea how to solve this problem

Hi alrxplgr,

Which "Simulator" are you using (FSX or P3Dv1.x), and which "Shade pre-set" have you activated. I have heard that P3D displays a slightly pink hue in clouds and ground textures. Some of the available Presets have RGB values that will make the fog pink in colour, as listed below. You could select a different preset that has grey RGB fog values, or modify the fog values in those presets from pink to a more pleasing RGB value, then save the preset with a filename of your choosing. Have a read of Clems Guide for further information here: make your mods then load your new preset, remembering to select "Day1" then "Clone day1" so that your new preset values are across the 10 day cycle. I have found the Heritage preset combined with EMBseries JVs Purple Haze v2, works quite well.

Examples of Shade preset with "Pink" fog RGB value.

QsvgU.jpg

SEOz.jpg

b2oa.jpg

Presets with PINK fog values

* Blue Rise * Mellow Yellow * Pink cream * Purple Haze 1.01 * Purple Haze * Pyre * Tango In The Night * Violet Dawn * WhatGoesUp * Winter Chills *

Examples of Shade preset with "Grey / Lt Grey" fog RGB value.

qPnu3.jpg

Eq2Ow.jpg

qYDre.jpg

bAdvu.jpg

Presets with Grey/Lt Grey fog values

* A Brighter Light * All White Now * Blue Daze 1.01 * Blue Daze * Clean White Sunsets * Clearing By Noon * Day1_default_darker * Desert Tints * Endless Summer 1.01 * Endless Summer * Ethereal Skies * Grey All Day * Heritage * Just Peachy 1.01 * Just Peachy * Lemon Pie After Dinner * Light Blue Rain * Marks Final * Pretty In Pink * Riviera Paradise * Shade default 1.01 * Shade default * shepards delight 1.01 * Shepards Delight * Slightly Green * Still got the Blues * Way Outback *

Edited by Jethro-VH-JET

Hi alrxplgr,

Well you have me stumped, what Sim are you using and what Shade preset are you using. Having uninstalled shade you should not have lingering Shade effects. Are you using REX or any other mods such as EMB series or any other sky mod. Can you post a screenshot of your Shade GUI and one of what you see in Sim.

Also when you ran "Shade_GUI - icon" to choose a preset, did you chose the "Set and Forget - option tab" or did you close "Shade_GUI" and then run "Shade - icon" or "Shade_NL - icon". It is best to use "Shade_NL" at first, to inject the preset of your choice, until you are completely happy with your chosen Preset, this way it will unload the preset when the Sim is closed, and will not make permanent changes as would be the case if you chose "Set and Forget" or "Shade".

You will have to reinstall SHADE in order to set your Sim back to default. If you made a backup when you installed Shade then this can be accessed via the "Shade GUI" Set and Forget -Tab.

MFHTJ.jpg

Another option could be to reset each Day set back to default:

First you will need to Download the ""

here : and install them to the Shade Presets folder, then install each day set back into the Sim.

Edited by Jethro-VH-JET

Hello i reinstalled shade,i choice Load Day 1 From A Preset,then i found a folder with name New in 1.01. inside there i found FSX_Day1_Default.SLP Day2 etc,and i installed for each day,naw i think i have the default shades from FSX,thanks for your help.

i try to set Examples of Shade preset with "Grey / Lt Grey" fog RGB value but i get again pink fog

i use FSX ACCELERATION

REX 4 FOR TEXTURE

ASN WEATHER ENGINE

Hi alrxplgr,

I'm wondering now wether the Pink fog might be something to do with a REX sky theme, and I have to admit that I know very little about REX as I do not have it installed in my FSX simulator. Is there any way to set REX back to default so that you can test one texture set at a time.

Other than this I am all out of ideas and hope the Shade designer can provide you with some better advice.

If you can't return your Sim easily back to its default state, it might be time for an FSX+AccPack reinstall, along with REX4 & ASN.