Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Jokervation

Alterrs Solaris 12 and 18 bus

Question

Hey Guys,

I got online this morning on facebook and saw to my surprise, something very interesting.

Alterr the guy who brough us the Mercedes Citaro solo and G version, has begon another project.

The solaris U12 and U18 bus. :)

Information and images on the follow Link below

Link: http://m-r-software.de/omsi/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=26985&highlight=

Edited by Jokervation

151 answers to this question

Very interesting....

I am greatly looking forward to this if it is the same or better quality than the Citaro!

Looks really good so far. I'm sure it'll be just as good as the Citaro. I can't imagine he'd lost any of his skills since then. In fact, if I were a betting man, I'd bet it is going to be better :)

How does he do it? He's creating and releasing buses faster as they are build in real life :D

Hehe, he might have a lot of time in his hands haha, but it has been a while since the release of the version 2 of the Citaro. Although he did do multiple projects at the same time which is incredible to say the least. :)

What I forgot to mention in my first post. It will only be the BVG versions of the Solaris, no other versions (im carefully saying) yet will be made. :)

Still, the BVG versions will be a godsend considering that there is going to be a new Berlin-based map coming out this fall, and obviously the Urbino is a mainstay in the BVG's fleet (alongside the Citaro and Lion's City DD of course). I myself am anticipating this new vehicle :)

I'm sure he will be eventually persuaded to do other versions if and when he has the time. I'm thankful he's doing the BVG versions. Any high quality representation of the Urbino is a godsend as far as I'm concerned and I'd pay good money to get my hands on one. The fact that he's doing it all for free is simply wonderful.

Edited by mackintosh

:) I certainly hope so.

What I wonder is what is done to the bus to meet BVG spec?

I know that they have a different door control, but other than that I am clueless.

Doors, ticket printer, destination displays, vdo dashboard, seat configuration and so on. :)

WOW! :frantics:

I bet that alterr can make buses faster than than it would take for them to be made IRL :P

Anyhoo, great work from alterr once again, something I will be definitely looking forward to!

Decided to share a video:

Link

Seems that the Urbino is also being worked on by Morphi.

Edited by Lowlander21

Personally, I can't wait. Warsaw is full of SU12s and 18s, it'll be great to drive a bus I see in the streets every day. Even if it is BVG spec :)

Personally, I can't wait. Warsaw is full of SU12s and 18s, it'll be great to drive a bus I see in the streets every day. Even if it is BVG spec :)

Me neither. I've been on the official forum every for the last couple of weeks looking for it

I've been waiting for this! It's the first of a series of high-quality new modern buses to come out in the near(ish) future - the Mainz project holding an excellent set, and the NG313 being another.

The front is noticeably off (at least to those of us who ride these buses daily), but other than that, it looks like a winner. The rain on windows trickle down animation is horrible though. I hope there's a way to turn it off. What was he thinking.

Had a feeling that happened as Morphi changed the title of his WiP page yesterday to show that he is working on a soundpack for the Three Generations buses :)

Yeah, it has been confirmed by Alterr and Morphi.

Ahh yes I saw it on the official forum, if im correct it will be either tomorrow evening or saturday morning that it will be released. :)

Just for everybody to read:

Zitat: Alexey Gryzin

"Hallo, Leute! Unser Team weiß schon, dass der Bus schon irgendwie veröffentlich ist, und das hat uns gefreut, weil wir viele Meldungen zu den Fehlern beim Bus bekommen haben, und fast alle davon sind schon behoben. Das sind vor allem die Sitze im hinteren Teil, die getrennte Steuerung der hinteren Türen, die Knopfanimation des Almex, die Klappfenster, Fusswege beim Aussteigen aus dem Gelenkbus (Zweite Tür). Hupe funktioniert auch.

Wir kümmern uns noch um dritttes Tür auf dem Display (Bei schwachem Licht).

Wenn ihr noch etwas wichtiges gefunden habt, bitte ein Screen und die Beschreibung. Hoffentlich Releasen wir ihn morgen am Abend.

Im Notfall - übermorgen. Danke! Zu den Repaints werde ich Euch in ein paar Minuten schreiben. Einen schönen Abend noch

Quelle:Facebook/Alexey Gryzin

It would be great to finally drive a fully high quality Solaris U12. The CNB bus has a lack of details in many parts of the bus, and the BahnFan one is a incomplete beta. This one has all the quality of a great bus maker like alTerr.

First Apsley Solaris 12:

Omsi-SYT-683_zps0bf9d0d6.png

This is fantastic. Great job as always Mark :D