Martijn Coenen

[Simulator Talk] Euro Truck Simulator (ETS2)

303 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me what settings they have in the logitech profiler for ets 2 on the g27. Is the steering sensitivity on 50% as default as I can't get the settings right atall. If i have it on linear in the game it's very sensitive but just wondered what people have.

Thanks

Me and btv with a trip from Luxemburg to Wien, wwe had Eurotruck radio on with some fantastic trucking music! :D

Since the music is copyrighted, here is the 43 min video compressed into a 10 min vid with some free music.

I added [GB] into my display name this afternoon, and since that change, me being rammed by people with [GER] in their name has went up 100%... :lol:

Wow, thats just.. wow... lol

One or two I could handle, but I had a whole convoy on my case whilst travelling through Europe - This gif sums up my initial reaction nicely: (from On The Yorkshire Buses if you were wondering)

What_is_this.gif

I do try to be courteous whilst driving, giving others space, letting them pull out and give a friendly hoot to other DAF truck drivers ;)

Trying to pass Amsterdam... got rammed 2 times now. Both by people flying across crossings. Both times 90%+ damage. How to keep the fun in this game with this kind of behaviour?!

We could have a whole thread to venting and ranting...

I don't mind the odd knock every now and again, as it's inevitable something like that will happen. But the people deliberately causing high damage is annoying, as it can take a couple of deliveries just to get back to your previous financial state. The admins do do a good job at kicking/banning people punctually though

This gif sums up my initial reaction nicely: (from On The Yorkshire Buses if you were wondering)

What_is_this.gif

I remember seeing that on the opening titles but i never actually saw it in any episode, did you?

Edited by BigOmsiFan

Bought the High Power Cargo Pack DLC for ETS2.

r9dYBTU.jpg

49tqKLO.jpg

:)

btv

I've stopped playing Multiplayer until the admins actually decide to start banning rammers, instead of kicking people for silly little things. Not fun at the moment.

I've stopped playing Multiplayer until the admins actually decide to start banning rammers, instead of kicking people for silly little things. Not fun at the moment.

I last went on about a week ago, I got rammed 10 seconds after leaving the pick up point and the guy followed my periodically running me off the road for nearly 100 miles. I reported the guy and.....nothing.

But thank our lucky stars that the admin were quick enough to ban someone for the abomination that is "Excessive Horning". I mean seriously! A rammer gets nothing whilst someone blows their horn a few times and they get a ban.

I think the admin need to re-asses their priorities, a total replacement of the staff would be good. Staff that actually know what they are doing, and some that can speak English properly would be nice.

Perhaps people should give the admins on ETS2 MP a break. During the day there can be well over 1000+ on the server, that's 1000+ people potentially putting in reports, so chances are, some will be missed.

The majority of rammers etc etc tend to hang around Europort/Rotterdam, so the simple solution is........don't go to those places.

@btv - May I ask how you changed your reg plate please? :)

I'm not btv but I know how it's done :P

You have to link your account to World of Trucks (link inside the game) and then you can customise it in there.

Perhaps people should give the admins on ETS2 MP a break. During the day there can be well over 1000+ on the server, that's 1000+ people potentially putting in reports, so chances are, some will be missed.

The majority of rammers etc etc tend to hang around Europort/Rotterdam, so the simple solution is........don't go to those places.

This is true, it brings up the question though, why isn't there always at least one admin there then?

I'm not btv but I know how it's done :P

You have to link your account to World of Trucks (link inside the game) and then you can customise it in there.

Thanks! :)

After my my DAF XF became destroyed by rammers (previously named), I thought I'd treat myself to a new tractor unit rather than fix it up (again *sigh*). I've wanted one of these for a while, so here's my new Iveco Stralis 560 :D :

2014-09-12_00004.jpg

Lovely! I drive a Iveco too :D on another note I don't seem to encounter many rammers or blockers online that much... must be lucky I suppose :P

This is true, it brings up the question though, why isn't there always at least one admin there then?

Because the few mods also have a private and professional life. They aren't paid to manage the community. So if there isn't an admin online, there is no one to check the Europoort region. And even if there is one or more, Europe is bigger as Rotterdam, with rammers active from Poland to France...

I haven't bought ETS2 but this multiplayer feature caught my interest. How does the game perform (in terms of FPS) when you are playing online with more trucks? Do the other trucks appear with the same LOD? I know that all questions regarding performance are highly dependant on personal computer specs and the number of players at the same location, but I'm curious to know how does ETS run when online.

I haven't bought ETS2 but this multiplayer feature caught my interest. How does the game perform (in terms of FPS) when you are playing online with more trucks? Do the other trucks appear with the same LOD? I know that all questions regarding performance are highly dependant on personal computer specs and the number of players at the same location, but I'm curious to know how does ETS run when online.

It depends where you are, if you watch some of my videos you'll be able to see ish how it performs. I often get 5fps in Dover but thats a busy place, with the rest of the 2812 Convoy (anything up to 7 trucks) I mange to maintain a normal (for me) 20fps on Motorways and in some towns. It performs quite well really. Trucks appear as they are seen on the other clients side (unless they are using DLC you don't have).

Yes, when in busy places the FPS drops signifigantely.

But I feel that something else also is a bit off when in busy places. My FPS counter usually tells me that I have about 30 FPS +/-in busy places, but it feels like less than that. Hard to say what it is really.

The game in general performs well, so I don't think these drops are game breaking.