Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Martijn Coenen

[Simulator Talk] Other simulators and Games

264 posts in this topic

Has anyone played Assetto Corsa yet? I just bought it off Steam and from the screenshots, it looks like quite a brilliant game-waiting for it to finish downloading now so I can have a crack at it. :)

I haven't played that, but I have Project CARS on PS4 which also is a racing simulator. Albeit to a lesser extend.

For me it's too difficult. I find myself crashing almost as much as I'm driving. I do appreciate the good physics and car sounds though.

Has anyone played Assetto Corsa yet? I just bought it off Steam and from the screenshots, it looks like quite a brilliant game-waiting for it to finish downloading now so I can have a crack at it. :)

Got it during th estema summer sale. It's a nice game, pretty realistic. There are also some mods available.

Got it during th estema summer sale. It's a nice game, pretty realistic. There are also some mods available.

Finally had a crack at that game last night-I do agree, really realistic. I often found myself braking too late at corners-even slower cars like the Abarth 500 Esseesse need a lot of braking distance. At least my accelerator and brake are mapped to my left trigger and right trigger on my controller so I have some degree of control over that...

I haven't played that, but I have Project CARS on PS4 which also is a racing simulator. Albeit to a lesser extend.

For me it's too difficult. I find myself crashing almost as much as I'm driving. I do appreciate the good physics and car sounds though.

I might grab Project CARS on PC later on-exchange rate between AUD and USD is a little bit weak at the moment so I grabbed Assetto Corsa instead. Assetto Corsa runs well on my PC at high settings on 720p anyway :D

Well my night is planned out, love these long intercity expresses! :)5oduuu.jpgxc6ule.jpg

Last Night I took a Class 143 on a timetabled, All Stations service from Paignton to Exeter.

Also this morning I took a Cross Country Class 221 (Voyager) on a Timetabled, Express service from Exeter to Paignton, Timelapse of that coming soon.

Well my night is planned out, love these long intercity expresses! :)

*Pictures snipped*

What game is that? Love those long haul flights on FSX and would love to try it on a rail game. :)

What game is that? Love those long haul flights on FSX and would love to try it on a rail game. :)

Open Rails-an open-source, updated companion to MSTS.

Got it 50% during the Steam Sales and love it. Admittedly I do tend to focus on hotlapping as I have to adjust my settings for races. On A4-6300 processor, GTX 750 Ti 2GB and 12GB RAM I can maintain an almost constant 60fps on maxed out settings at 1080p at maxed out settings, lower them and it stays permanently on 60fps, and on medium settings it runs at 60fps on 8-10 car races.

For gameplay, it's difficult for sure, especially on gamepad. With a keyboard you have no chance. I find the GT2/3/4 cars are the easiest to drive, with the road cars being difficult to handle.

Off uni next week-which co-incides with a massive Steam sale this weekend. Games I've scouted so far that are on special include the Metro series (Metro 2033 + Last Light-in their Redux versions-are 80% off), all three Borderlands games (about 70-80% off for the first two games and the Pre-Sequel has had a big price slashing too) and a fair few other games... all of which have been top-selling on the SteamOS platform.

A few screenies from Assetto Corsa I took today, and some from a previous drive in a RUF CTR Yellowbird (the default video game alternative to the Porsche 911 as EA currently has an exclusive contract with Porsche regarding the use of their cars in games):

Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6_nurburgr

Screenshot_ruf_yellowbird_monza_19-7-115

Assetto Corsa is a pretty good run for its buck, considering it's an Early Access title... but I probably won't splurge that much on games till the next big sale event on Steam as very soon I will be pre-ordering the PC version of Fallout 4, and potentially buying Grand Theft Auto V to tide me over until said game comes out. Not to mention that I have thrown my head back into the FSX ring, so I might find myself buying ORBX content so I can run the OZx scenery packs to their fullest extent :).

Edited by Joshua James Maddison

Assetto Corsa is a full released game now. It was in Early Access until version 1.0.0, and we are now on 1.2.5

Assetto Corsa is a full released game now. It was in Early Access until version 1.0.0, and we are now on 1.2.5

I forgot that it left Early access a fair while ago... But still, the game will most likely continue to grow heaps over the next period of time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

As a train buff I decided to get a program called simsig which lets you signal trains. Newer Network Rail signaling centers signal trains in the same way but is more automatic than simsig.

Waterloo:

SimSig_1.thumb.png.e70f72f0ca95a7b0036c0

North Wales Coast:

SimSig_2.thumb.png.0013bb955b44ebf1cecff

Also been playing Simsig (thanks Wardle Man for bringing it to my attention haha) with Joe (Skibone) & Ash (FellowslothB). This is the result of a Track Failure followed by a Points failure at Newbury on the Westbury panels. 13 Trains and not one is moving.

58d4c6fb29d15c6b65224bc13028784b.png

Edited by 100Bus

Also been playing Simsig (thanks Wardle Man for bringing it to my attention haha) with Joe (Skibone) & Ash (FellowslothB). This is the result of a Track Failure followed by a Points failure at Newbury on the Westbury panels. 13 Trains and not one is moving.

58d4c6fb29d15c6b65224bc13028784b.png

good job i wasn't there as last time i did things went to pot, you know what i mean. :P

@Joshua Horton, yes it is http://www.simsig.co.uk/

Edited by BigOmsiFan

Is simsig free?

Some are but the much larger ones like New Street and West Hampsted etc are around £20-30 because they are offical content.

Here are some from the Kings Cross one:

A trespaser caused delays in the Welwyn North area which caused a backlog of trains in the area. I routed the FCC fast trains  via Hertford but the East Coast ones had to be stopped North or South of the blockage. KX1.thumb.png.934b4408e45732f02ebaca7eb9

All the trains at Kings Cross waiting to leave. 1S20 in platform 5 was the 14:00 to Aberdeen, it was still waiting to depart at 15:41.

KX2.thumb.png.7ace6e5f43db733f6893c40339

some Rally to spice things up! Stig Blomqvist in the RS200, Jari-matti Latvala and Ott tanak in the fiestas, Burns in the impreza and McCrae in the focus.

2015-08-19_00007.jpg

2015-08-19_00011.jpg

2015-08-19_00012.jpg

2015-08-20_00001.jpg

2015-08-28_00003.jpg

2015-08-28_00010.jpg

2015-09-30_00005.jpg

2015-09-30_00091.jpg

2015-10-15_00001.jpg

2015-10-15_00003.jpg

2015-10-20_00003.jpg

After much tweaking and numerous re-installs, I finally managed to get my FSX running nice and looking pretty!

Quick flight from London City to Birmingham in the Virtualcol Dash 8 on a foggy day!