Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Martijn Coenen

[Simulator Talk] Other simulators and Games

280 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for discussions about other simulators. This thread was once called "What are you up to in other simulators and PC games?" before the split between other simulators and ETS.

I'll kick this thread off with a few British/Canadian Warbirds from my growing FSX collection.

2014-9-11_16-3-53-634_zps318a391b.jpg

Bristol Beaufighter

2014-9-11_15-44-33-533_zpscbdf88c4.jpg

Vickers Wellington

2014-9-6_22-13-51-149_zpscb85bb86.jpg

Avro Lancaster

2014-9-11_15-53-11-61_zps72600f35.jpg

Hawker Hurricane

All of these shots were taken around IWM Duxford, using a fantastic freeware scenery I found on Flightsim.com.

All the aircraft themselves are also freeware from flightsim.com, and are wonderful to fly, they are a credit to their makers.

My ultimate goal is to collect every military aircraft that flew in world war 2, it is however proving tricky to find FSX models for some of the less well known aircraft, such as the Short Stirling and Handley Page Hampden. However the quest continues. If anyone knows where I can find the two afore mentioned aeroplanes, please let me know. I would be forever in you debt. :D

Enjoy Ladies and Gentlemen.

I think I saw a Stirling model for FS2004 somewhere but I'm not too sure about that.

Speaking of WWII era aircraft, I've been playing a fair bit of War Thunder... quite an addictive flight sim that is quite challenging but skillful.

I've been playing around in No Limits 2.

I see many calls it a simulator, some even calls it a game. I think it's more a program to be honest.

Anyways, It''s a powerfull roller coaster builder which gives you a lot of freedom when building. It has a bit of a learning corve, but there are some very good tutorials on Youtube and the web site that explains what to do. There is also a demo on Steam.

Here is a video of my first complete roller coaster:

^ Excuse me sir.....I think I left my stomach behind somewhere. :D

That looks very interesting, might have to give that one a look myself.

Do that!

The demo will not allow you to save, but otherwise you will have the whole functionality of the program. Except many of the roller coaster types.

PS: I've done a lot of tweaks to that roller coaster now, so the transitions are much more smooth. I also rebuild the whole last pert of it.

I guess it is a program you will never be 100% satisfied with the coaster.. Always tweak it here and there. At least it is that for me.:)

Wow. That was nuts. Possibly better than anything Six flags could do. Bravo NOGNE O

Wow. That was nuts. Possibly better than anything Six flags could do. Bravo NOGNE O

Thanks. I like these kinds of roller coasters that are not too fast and over the top(no pun), but rather smooth and exciting.

Speaking of Six Flags, one of the most iconic wooden coasters caught fire the other day:

1410210135005-0908_coaster_fire02.jpg

It was closed recently for demolition I believe, so nobody was hurt.

Edited by NØGNE Ø

It was bound to happen.Using wood to build things is never the best idea

I've been playing around in No Limits 2.

I see many calls it a simulator, some even calls it a game. I think it's more a program to be honest.

Anyways, It''s a powerfull roller coaster builder which gives you a lot of freedom when building. It has a bit of a learning corve, but there are some very good tutorials on Youtube and the web site that explains what to do. There is also a demo on Steam.

Here is a video of my first complete roller coaster:

I think ill stick to Blackpool Pleasure Beach. lol

So, it seems Mojang sold out, Notch lied to everyone (including Mojang themselves) & Marcel has left MR Software with it's name. Just a quick round up of Gaming for this weekend.

*I could of added about my undecided decision on Scotland on the end of that list (it's kind of the same change) but this isn't the place to talk about that.

Edited by 100Bus

Playing the simulator over all simulators - the Sims. Not sure about the new UI they've gone for in TS4, but I suppose I'll get used to it sooner or later (hopefully the former).

Me and Aaron have been recording for an hour today, to do the last 2 levels on Minecraft Diversity.

so there are still around 5 episodes to release. :P

Drove a Class 37 on WCML on TS2015 last night.

J73tMKy.jpg75NInYA.jpgHcW1Lv5.jpgUzlKHiE.jpg

:)

btv

BTV, were you able to grab the Munich, Northeast Corridor and ECML routes that come with TS2015 when you updated? Mine ain't installing those routes but it seems to have installed the Class 801 train that comes with TS2015r.

So, it seems Mojang sold out, Notch lied to everyone (including Mojang themselves) & Marcel has left MR Software with it's name. Just a quick round up of Gaming for this weekend.

*I could of added about my undecided decision on Scotland on the end of that list (it's kind of the same change) but this isn't the place to talk about that.

It was Rudiger who left, not Marcel.

BTV, were you able to grab the Munich, Northeast Corridor and ECML routes that come with TS2015 when you updated? Mine ain't installing those routes but it seems to have installed the Class 801 train that comes with TS2015r.

No I haven't, you don't get them for free if if you have upgraded from TS2014.

btv

Edited by btv

No I haven't, you don't get them for free if if you have upgraded from TS2014.

btv

Excuse my language, but...

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I thought these maps were supposed to be bundled with TS2015 and come with the update -_-

Edited by Joshua James Maddison

They're bundled with TS2015 when you buy it new. What really annoys me is that they gave me a copy of the Class 170, SD70MAC and 4F for the "Academy", and included the extra scenarios for these locomotives on existing routes I own, but I don't actually get those trains in any normal liveries, making the tutorials pointless for me. I bought the game at RW2, so I have got 4(?) updates to the core game, but had to buy all the extra DLC. I think I might reinstall try reinstalling RW2, so I actually get a frame rate again...

Could we use this thread for any game rather than just simulators? it would be nice to share some other things. (It used to be Simulators and PC games) ;)

Does anyone still play :starwars: : Battlefront?

If so, what's a good strategy to get past Liberation of Cloud City?

If not, never mind then.

Edited by MTA3306

Better this way? :)

That's better, thanks. :D

And i have here something people might want to watch!

Been playing Sonic Advance a lot recently as i have found my gameboy advance! yay :D

This is what happens when i make a fellow 2812 Gaming member on a prison ''Simulator'':

Edited by BigOmsiFan