Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Gazza

Collective Project

Hi,

It's good to see so many responses from people to this thread. Welcome to you all.

In response to a few questions and or mentions

In the past, I downloaded files from Nearmap as either .ecw files, which can be converted to .bmp or .tif files, or I think they could also be downloaded as Geotiff files (TIFF image file with geographical info ie coordinates embedded in the file). This was prior to their change in business structure though, so I really have no idea what the downloading is like now.

Regarding sketchup, I have also heard about models being hard on frame rates, but I have never noticed anything or seen any hard data to support this. That's all I know, that I have heard that sketchup is hard on frame rates. You never know, maybe autodesk started this vicious rumour. :rolleyes:

Regarding my ideas, I'll probably have to post back about that. Maybe YBSS Bacchus Marsh, which is not far from Melton Airport which I am currently doing. I am currently working on a Mount Buffalo photographic scenery, and I wouldn't mind seeing some more areas done in the Australian Alps. I would also like to do a photographic Grampians National Park scenery. I would also like to do some work to the Port Phillip heads.

I have also downloaded some imagery around Victor Harbour in SA, and will download some more, so that would be another area I wouldn't mind seeing in the sim.

Cheers,

@ Scott & Gazza, and Cbird, (and any other guys I have missed from this thread)

I know Gazza doesnt have teamspeak, but not sure if the other guys do.....If not have a look here.

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

detils here on the OZX server, and details to setup.

http://www.tsviewer.com/index.php?page=ts_viewer&ID=18708

Install and run teamspeak, and put the details in from the link above, and away you go. All you need is a mic, and if you use skype, then you may already have one

If you get stuck, then post back here and we'll help.

I'll be there to chat tonight.

Craig

Hi Johnny, yes mate, there is just a few other projects to clear at the moment. Wellcamp, Mt Isa, Parks, Broken Hill, Bathurst Island etc. They are all taking a little bit of time. To put it out there, I would like to kick the new year off with Getting Oakey started and completed by End of March, then Whitsundays complete Island Group with All airports to be completed by end June. I am currently also working on Models for Shoalwater Bay and the  Airstrips and numerous helicopter landing points.

Have you ever done any Object modelling or used Sbuilder for PR work before? If not not a problem and we can always do with researchers.... Im sure that there will be a way of getting you involved in the projects. 

Good to see that this thread is coming back to life..I hope that there is something I can do to help. I have to point out though that I cannot help with design, as I am too shaky to even control the mouse properly, but if there is anything at all I can do please let me know, as I have time in abundance to offer..Terry (Teecee)

Guys I need some researchers for the next project. The next project is Oakey. Anything and everything on the airfield, plans or blueprints a bonus. land marks around the region, I would lie to include the whole township area in the PR but it will depend on if the imagery is any good.

I also need a whole bunch of models and hopefully these are readily available which will save a bucket load of time. All ADF aircraft and in particular Army Aviation.. GAF Nomad, Kiowa, Blackhawk, Nh 90, Aus-tiger, huey, squirrel, chinook. Any contribution that can be made will be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout...

Hi Gazza,

Unfortunately I haven't done any object modelling but can always learn pretty quick. Happy to step up if needed but happy to help with researching if need be. Just let me know what you need ^_^

Found this thread while looking for an update to YBMK doing a milk run in the Q400!

Following .

Is the project still alive . Want to start in scenery design ... Doing my background ( you tubing ) tutorials at the minute.

Edited by vh-eee

Does anyone want pics of shute harbour ( airlie beach) airport .

i will be there in a few weeks . i can get all the pics you need .

It has been upgraded from Ants version .

I'm no where near that level if any for that project , i wish .

also i may be traveling through Emerald i,ll try and get some outside textures . Hanleyc

Gazza i will be in airlie for a few months . sing out if you need texture photos

Edited by vh-eee
additions

More than happy for you to get photos ...happy to add these to the OZX library. When taking photos of buildings, see if you can get them square on...easier to build buildings when everything is square on or close to it. You may not be able to get all sides but we can sometimes make up the missing bits. Not sure what you can get from the airside parts of airports, but anything may help. 

Anyway, it's up to what you want to do. 

Craig

Henleyc .

i have outside pics of emerald . sorry no apron ones . security were getting a bit gittery . my asci has run out and they said possibly i could get pics when that is renued . but they look at the pics after .. tighter than williamtown raaf base 

busy littly airport.

where could i send pics (as jpg or raw) for review .

pretty sure some are useful although it was overcast and drizzling. 

link would be cool or email