Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

toastmeister

OMSI Vehicles :: Volvo 9900 - Beta

9900_release.png

File Name: Volvo 9900 - Beta

File Submitter: toastmeister

File Submitted: 07 Mar 2014

File Category: OMSI Vehicles

Which version of OMSI is this download for ?: V2

Volvo 9900 - Initial public beta release

Finally something for you all to try out!

Manual, Instructions and special copyright information:

I know that this project most likely has frustrated a lot of people regarding to the very long wait, absence of updates and whatnot. Please keep any moaning to the bare minimum. :)

Life and work do have priority.

First of all, this is released as an "Beta" simply because it is not finished. There are some bugs and missing features, but it should be good enough for regular use.

Main features of this project:

- 12 speed "i-Shift" gearbox by Krtz07, first of it's kind!

- Mobitec "matrix" display system by Thiago

... And lots of other features for you to discover :)

- Works fine on OMSI 1 & 2

Documentation & how-to's:

Will be available very soon, it will cover following areas;

Brief introduction to all features of the bus.

Mobitec display and .HOF tutorial.

Proper repaint template(s) and explanations.

Known bugs:

- Gearbox can have issues changing gears in very low FPS situations.

- Change (money) is affected by physics, not sure why. No problem if you don't drive while selling tickets.

- Some functions do not work 100% as intended.

- Some missing door sounds.

- There are a few placeholders sound and texture-wise.

- The path for the passengers isn't optimal, but working.

Updates and future:

- I will keep on developing this bus until it is worthy to loose the "Beta" badge.

- Trying to screw up my computer less frequently.

- Loads of repaints made by our beta testers will soon be available.

Quick how-to:

- To start the bus you need to pass the alcotest, you will find the unit on the left A-pillar. (If it's blinking orange, it's still warming up)

Press the left button and the display lit's up, press and hold the right button until the beeping stops and a positive message appears.

You can now start the engine! (at the moment only with the "start engine" button on your keyboard/controller)

- Gearchanges, the modeled gear selector is not fully functional yet.

Please use your keyboard/controller until it's fixed.

R - Reverse

D - Drive

N - Neutral

M - Sequential gearing;

Press 3 to activate the sequential mode, you can now up/down shift with the 1 and 2 key. To return to the automatic mode, press "D".

(Please note: Based on the default keyboard layout)

- Mobitec

A .hof and "rollblind" textures are included for Grundorf for demonstration purposes.

You enter a 4 digit code on the Mobitec unit to make the corresponding rollblind to appear.

It's pretty easy to create your own HOF's, creating the textures can be a little more fiddly. Please look at the included textures and the hof, and you'll most likely understand how it works.

For the included Grundorf HOF there is a couple you can try out;

- Ticketselling

You have 5 tickets to choose from on the ticket printer unit, when you press a ticket it's name show up on the screen. Press green button to print.

You will find the change inside the compartment where the Mobitec unit resides.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huge thanks to all beta testers! (you will be properly credited in the documentation)

Extra credit to Krtz07 and Thiago that has put a lot of effort and time into this project, thank you.

Mods and such made by the community for this bus are more than welcome.

There are only three regulations;

- Do not upload this mod on other filesharing sites, I want to keep it at Aussiex.org. Please respect that.

- Do not upload your mod/s packaged with the rest of the bus

- Give credit where credit is due.

Edited by Martijn Coenen

I can't believe I am about to drive this!

Thank You so much! This will fit perfectly with the Map I have planned too!

It's certainly been a long time in the making (two years almost!). It's important to bear in mind that it's not perfect yet (although it is pretty close :D).

What really struck me from driving it earlier is how manoeuvrable it is - it's a huge coach, yet it handles and slips through the streets like a minibus. Amazing!

Very awesome mate, can't wait to take this for a spin.

You should give yourself a pat on the back for releasing such a top notch bus for everyone, and a well deserved break.

This coach is simply amazing - it handles very well, it looks great and sounds just like a Volvo!

You've done a sterling job Toastmeister and gang, it's way too awesome!

Well, There goes my Friday night!! :P

Can I just point out for people that might not have noticed it - BETA before people start moaning that it's not fully finished yet ;)

Edited by chrisrose1993

I just took it for a spin and it's awesome!!! This will occupy me for the whole weekend.:D

Thanks toastmeister and all his helpers! You have done a Awesome job. :)

Awesome... as soon as the repaint template comes out it will have an NX repaint. I like the idea of public beta because it means people can make repaints for the vehicle so it is even better when it is fully released.

Now... time to enjoy my favourite bus and coach manufacturer (that still exists!)... Volvo!

Im sure everyone will love this.

Edited by twmmcw

Thanks for all the kind words! :)

Just noticed that the .Hof included for Grundorf is a bit to basic, as there is only one route specified for all routes..

I'll fix that ASAP, I'm going to see if I can recover some more hof's that work from my old drive to.

A few quick notes;

I only use mouse and/or wheel to control the bus, as the gearbox adapts to your throttle position the experience might be lacking if you're driving with a keyboard.

The left mirror "shuts off" pretty aggressively, which can cause some issues if you don't use the default views. As I've now got a TrackIR unit to ease the testing, I will expand the radius the mirrors operates in.

As for repaints, if you happen to have Photoshop installed you can find a few interesting .PSD's that will get you going. :)

Silly question, I can't seem to start the bus.... I have tried applied electrics then pressed the motor button and nothing, I have also tried applied electrics and then pushing the brake & motor button together?

I have the bus in neutral, do I have to do something with the breathalyser machine at the side?

Silly question, I can't seem to start the bus.... I have tried applied electrics then pressed the motor button and nothing, I have also tried applied electrics and then pushing the brake & motor button together?

I have the bus in neutral, do I have to do something with the breathalyser machine at the side?

Look for the "Quick How-to" headline :)

Wow! No sleep tonight I predict! Thanks so much for this great bus, cant wait to go driving.

I must b thick, lol. I still cant work out how to start the bus :kman:

Are you drunk? :D

(On the alcolock thing on the left pillar, press the left button, then click and hold the right button until it says "drive safely". Then press m briefly to start - you don't need to hold it down like with most other buses)

Are you drunk? :D

(On the alcolock thing on the left pillar, press the left button, then click and hold the right button until it says "drive safely". Then press m briefly to start - you don't need to hold it down like with most other buses)

would be better if I was lol. ive done that but still nothing. im sure it something I doing wrong as usual lol,