Fully automatic next stop announcements

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 greenjas

greenjas
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

Anyone working on this or is there a code I need to enter into the IBIS?

#2 londonmale2011

londonmale2011
  • Registered
  • 1,649 posts
  • Interests:driving omsi buses, train sim 2013, grand theft auto, watching you tube videos of bus routes and trains

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

Anyone working on this or is there a code I need to enter into the IBIS?

look in the general section on how to do it, it's somewhere there. plus did u learn mannors at school? we like some mannors on this fourm.

mikey

#3 OlavEmil

OlavEmil
  • Registered
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

look in the general section on how to do it, it's somewhere there. plus did u learn mannors at school? we like some mannors on this fourm.

I don't think this answer shows much manners either.

I'd like to see this too. Is it possible to do this in the standard game, or is it something modders have programmed for their addon maps?

Please, thank you, very kind of you all.

#4 CrazyMan

CrazyMan
  • OZx Library Managers
  • 1,216 posts
  • Interests:Buses, IT, OMSI, Lagers of the world, My local boozer

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

The Automatic IBIS scripts for OMSI1 don't work in OMSI2, I tried it and it kept bombing out with a load of errors. Maybe you could try doing it yourself :)

I think what londonmale2011 said was perfectly acceptable

Josh

Repaints/Uploads: OMSI RNC | FSX | Upload Rules | OZx and Plagiarism    

Need support? The OMSI WIKI | PM me | PM via Facebook

First BSA's remaining step-entry Darts: WS: 46603  |  The last CityLine Dart to serve Bristol: LH: 46653

x392.gif

#5 OlavEmil

OlavEmil
  • Registered
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:11 AM

Don't get me wrong, we all like politeness. I'm just finding it hard to find a natural way of asking a question while appearing polite in those matters, without adding an extra sentence with thanks or lots of smileys and all, which I am sure most people would normally do after getting a response in the real world. Of course, English is not my native language, and I may simply not know it's possibilities well enough.

Anyways, I'm not quite sure what "general section" Londonmale is talking about. Also, the automatic IBIS script for OMSI 1, where could we find that?

Thanks again.

#6 londonmale2011

londonmale2011
  • Registered
  • 1,649 posts
  • Interests:driving omsi buses, train sim 2013, grand theft auto, watching you tube videos of bus routes and trains

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

Don't get me wrong, we all like politeness. I'm just finding it hard to find a natural way of asking a question while appearing polite in those matters, without adding an extra sentence with thanks or lots of smileys and all, which I am sure most people would normally do after getting a response in the real world. Of course, English is not my native language, and I may simply not know it's possibilities well enough.

Anyways, I'm not quite sure what "general section" Londonmale is talking about. Also, the automatic IBIS script for OMSI 1, where could we find that?

Thanks again.

so for example you wanna ask someone do me a favour. do u just put can u do me a favour? over it most likely people would say can you do me a favour please?  and I mean OMSI1 general discussion. I've also tried the files on OMSI2 and got the same result errors. it don't matter about the smileys we not bothered about that, we just like some good mannors, a please or thanks for whatever the case may be.

mikey

#7 OlavEmil

OlavEmil
  • Registered
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:55 AM

Thanks. I've been searching through the OMSI 1 general discussion now, can't seem to find anything on it. Although there is a topic named "◦IBIS Codes - by EirikhO" in the OMSIWiki thread that seems to be deleted / not found. Maybe this is where it used to be?

#8 eku.L

eku.L
  • Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:58 AM

She's not asking anyone to do anything, she's asking a general question. I'd agree if she was asking if someone can make it, but she's not; she's asking an open-ended question that just requires an answer and is the start of a conversation.

I agree we should all be polite, but whilst some messages on this forum are blatantly put rudely, others are perfectly fine and this politeness thing is just over the top. If you were speaking to someone standing next to you, you wouldn't thank them before they've even answered or, unless asked in such a way that it's required, said please.

"Could you tell me the time please?" - Yes, and note this requires more than just an answer, it requires the person to do something for them

"What's your name?" - No, you just wouldn't. You wouldn't generally say "What's your name please" or "What's your name? Thanks." Whilst you could, it's just false politeness and people wouldn't deem it rude if you didn't.

I for one would much prefer people focusing on decent spelling and grammar (with allowances for people who don't natively speak English) than having a go at people if they're not the utmost polite as possible.

"Thanks"...

Edited by eku.L, 13 January 2014 - 03:05 AM.

47LFlKE.png

#9 londonmale2011

londonmale2011
  • Registered
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:02 AM

She's not asking anyone to do anything, she's asking a general question. I'd agree if she was asking if someone can make it, but she's not; she's asking an open-ended question that just requires an answer and is the start of a conversation.

I agree we should all be polite, but whilst some messages on this forum are blatantly put rudely, others are perfectly fine and this politeness thing is just over the top. If you were speaking to someone standing next to you, you wouldn't thank them before they've even answered or, unless asked in such a way that it's required, said please.

"Could you tell me the time please?" - Yes, and note this requires more than just an answer, it requires the person to do something for them

"What's your name?" - No, you just wouldn't. You wouldn't generally say "What's your name please" or "What's your name? Thanks."

so when you ask someone for help. you don't say please? when did I say they had to say thanks. thanks is only after you done something for that person. but you ask someone something is a please at the end of it... it's not bloody rocket science, it's manors end of!

mikey

#10 londonmale2011

londonmale2011
  • Registered
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:06 AM

Thanks. I've been searching through the OMSI 1 general discussion now, can't seem to find anything on it. Although there is a topic named "◦IBIS Codes - by EirikhO" in the OMSIWiki thread that seems to be deleted / not found. Maybe this is where it used to be?

http://aussie.org/fo...-d92-and-nl202/

only for the D92 and NL202

cheers :)

link don't work..

go in google type automatic next stop announcements, hopefully that take you the page u need.

Edited by londonmale2011, 13 January 2014 - 03:07 AM.

mikey

#11 CrazyMan

CrazyMan
  • OZx Library Managers
  • 1,216 posts
  • Interests:Buses, IT, OMSI, Lagers of the world, My local boozer

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

The codes by EirikhO explain how to get different characters on the linen, not how to automate announcements :)

The current automated IBIS scripts only work with OMSI1, so unless someone creates a new set or figures out how to modify the current ones, it's simply a case of manually sounding the announcements.

You're right Mike, manors isn't rocket surgery, a simply "please", "TIA/Thanks In Advance" or "Cheers" would have been appreciated and is fairly quick to type ;) So, lets get back to back to topic please :)

Josh

Repaints/Uploads: OMSI RNC | FSX | Upload Rules | OZx and Plagiarism    

Need support? The OMSI WIKI | PM me | PM via Facebook

First BSA's remaining step-entry Darts: WS: 46603  |  The last CityLine Dart to serve Bristol: LH: 46653

x392.gif

#12 greenjas

greenjas
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

I did not know that I was being rude nor was that my intentions. I simply was asking if anyone had made a script or found a way to get it to work within OMSI 2.  I'm well aware of the script for OMSI 1 and it does not work in OMSI 2 thus the start of this thread. So with that being said, let me apologize before anyone else believes that I'm rude for not saying, please or thank you for simply asking a question. 

I'm from the United States and perhaps in other countries the citizens consider it rude for not ending a proper sentence with please or thank you particularly when asking someone a question. 

Now, I will say thank you for your help and your opinions of me when in fact you know nothing about me as far as my mannerism and politeness is concerned. You all have a good day or is that too inappropriate for your understanding? Oh and, thank you. 

#13 OlavEmil

OlavEmil
  • Registered
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:00 AM

"What's your name?" - No, you just wouldn't. You wouldn't generally say "What's your name please" or "What's your name? Thanks." Whilst you could, it's just false politeness and people wouldn't deem it rude if you didn't.

I for one would much prefer people focusing on decent spelling and grammar (with allowances for people who don't natively speak English) than having a go at people if they're not the utmost polite as possible.

"Thanks"...

My point spot on :) .

http://aussie.org/fo...-d92-and-nl202/

only for the D92 and NL202

cheers :)

link don't work..

go in google type automatic next stop announcements, hopefully that take you the page u need.

Link not working, even though it is exactly the same as the one I found when googling it like you said. That's weird :P . Thanks alot, I'll look into this and see if I understand anything of it.

#14 chrisrose1993

chrisrose1993
  • Registered
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

It's annoying that everytime someone forgets to say thanks, They get jumped on by a wolf pack of members here!!

:wonder:

#15 jq371

jq371
  • Registered
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains and Buses.
    14 years in airline industry

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

lol @ the polite issue.....

i think sometimes in here it can be a little OTT...... there is a difference between rudeness and gratuities....

if someone said "get me the code you losers"   id consider that rude....

if someone said "Anyone working on this or is there a code I need to enter into the IBIS?"  - that is short, succinct and to the point - exactly how it should be on a forum dedicated to sharing information....  OTT padding and filler in a message is annoying and taking up unnecessary space and time to read it...

After the fact if the question has been answered Im sure it would be polite to reply with a thankyou, but not necessary either.. 

Its a forum to share information about a game we love... not the modern girls etiquette school....   as long as you're not being rude or offensive i dont see a problem with being succinct

#16 londonmale2011

londonmale2011
  • Registered
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

lol @ the polite issue.....

i think sometimes in here it can be a little OTT...... there is a difference between rudeness and gratuities....

if someone said "get me the code you losers"   id consider that rude....

if someone said "Anyone working on this or is there a code I need to enter into the IBIS?"  - that is short, succinct and to the point - exactly how it should be on a forum dedicated to sharing information....  OTT padding and filler in a message is annoying and taking up unnecessary space and time to read it...

After the fact if the question has been answered Im sure it would be polite to reply with a thankyou, but not necessary either.. 

Its a forum to share information about a game we love... not the modern girls etiquette school....   as long as you're not being rude or offensive i dont see a problem with being succinct

have u read the rules about mannors? so when u do something for someone u don't expect a thanks?  it called MANORS, you maybe not want some manors but others do. me aswell as others was brought up to say please or thanks for whatever the case may be, in my book not thanking someone for doing something weather it actually doing something or just advice, it does warrant a please or thanks.  as said before, back to topic.

mikey

#17 jq371

jq371
  • Registered
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains and Buses.
    14 years in airline industry

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

have u read the rules about mannors? so when u do something for someone u don't expect a thanks?  it called MANORS, you maybe not want some manors but others do. me aswell as others was brought up to say please or thanks for whatever the case may be, in my book not thanking someone for doing something weather it actually doing something or just advice, it does warrant a please or thanks.  as said before, back to topic.

I think MANNERS are important, but it's also rude to have no tact. You can say thank you all you like but it doesn't make it sincere. I think mutual respect is a lot more important than gratuitous insincerity....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#18 Eyon

Eyon
  • Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

There is a tutorial on the official forums available on how to get this working;

http://www.omnibussi...&threadID=18051

It works, but you'll have to announce the first stop your self. After that it'll go automatically. 

Have fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users