Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Holy Cheese

OZx and P3D v2

Question

With P3D v2 just around the corner, was just wondering if the OZx sceneries will be compatible, or will they need a new installer - if so, any plans afoot to make one?

Cheers

Jack

34 answers to this question

I have been wondering the same, Jack. The quickest way might be to perform a small registry "hack" as per this LINK. Although this was desinged for DVD's there is no reason why it will not work with downlaod files.

This all presumes that OZx product is compatible with P3D2. I will try it out as soon as possible on Monday/Tuesday and report back.

Cheers, Mac

OZX does not add any files to any windows folders except for the OZX folder in FSX, I think also a single elevation file in scenery\global (I can supply) , so if you copy OZX from FSX to P3D and activate acocordingly you should have OZX installed, the problem is that all of OZx is based on ORBX AU and elevations by ORBX and Holger Mesh, we don't know if they will be compatible or installed in P3D

Jorge

OZx ROCKS in P3D v2.0. It is just great. Every one of your OZx airfields look amazing in DX11. I simply did a wee Registry hack and convinced OZx that P3D2 is also known in some circles as FSX and it accepted my word, no problem. LOL

Even my own little sojourn into airport re-design at YBLA (Benalla) is excellent. Only found one small problem. Taxi ways built with ADE had disappeared. I got a nudge in the right direction, changed the .xml and all in the garden is rosy again. Jon, has said that the next version of ADE due out later this week will help solve that issue.

Cheers, Mac

Edited by Arismac

Thanks for the replies guys.

Just got back from a business trip this morning, and am downloading P3Dv2 as we speak. Soon as I have it installed, I'll have a look at setting up OZx in it.

Cheers

Jack

At some stage I will ask Ed to do a P3D2 installer but it will be a while as he first needs to do all Orbx's stuff

Hey guys.. Quick one re OZX and P3D V2.

Townsville is missing some detail, ie OLA blast deflectors, Pax terminal and a few other things but my 38SQN hanger is there as is the RAAF Terminal. Any ideas why, I know its early days.. Im using the payware migration tool from Flightsim Estonia..Its brilliant so far..

Any help appreciated as always.

Cheers

Jon

Just like the Orbx scenery any objects not compiled in the FSX mdl format won't display in P3Dv2 and are not compatible. I have found most of the Aus_x lib files are in the old formats (pre FSX).

Recompiling these objects to the FSX format will make them compatible with both FSX and P3Dv2 and give better performance in FSX I believe.

If appropriate (I am new here and don't know how these files should be handled if recompiled) I can recompile the Ozx files and share these to this group to share.

A dual FSX and P3Dv2 installer is entirely possible once old objects are recompiled.

David

Hey David,

Pretty much all the developers who created the objects in the library have either retired or moved to Orbx.

So if you think you have the patience to put together a new library which would need to be tested, we could speak further about this.

Hi Guys,

not sure if there is any further updates here, but I am now P3Dv2 completely: no FSX in sight anywhere.

I just installed the P3Dv2 versions of ORBX AUS and HolgerMesh, so was wondering about this package.

I have them all downloaded from when I ran FSX, but I'm preferring to install only 'P3Dv2-ready' packages into my P3Dv2.

Prefer not to resort to hacks of any sort.

Cheers

Did anyone get this to work? I tried the Estonia Migration tool and installed all the OZx stuff and libraries, the OZx folder was created in the P3D root as expected and the scenery library area was inserted at the top but when I went to the airfields.... nothing.

Tried fiddling the scenery, adding manually, elevating the library files to the top. Nothin works?

Ignore my previous. I reinstalled and the 2nd time it worked. Go figure.

At some stage I will ask Ed to do a P3D2 installer but it will be a while as he first needs to do all Orbx's stuff

May I please ask when Ed gets time to triple EXE OzX please. Some of us are P3DV1.4 and I am contend with 1.4's performance and handling for my computer and academic needs.

:cg-1976:

Hi long time lurker here, I have converted most of the ozx libs to work with prepar3d 2.3. Some don't work but most do, if anyone is interested I can upload them?

Craig

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Sounds fantastic Craig. I will let some of the developers know and we can sort something out.

Welcome mate, and don't be a stranger.

Do you have Teamspeak? It would be good to chat to you about what you have done.

I dont have P3d yet, but I think its probably a good idea to have them uploaded. P3d will be the future no doubt.

Looking forward to the upload..Oziex appears to run OK in Prepar3d V2.3, but I cannot be sure that all the libraries are showing up, so this update will be most welcome..Teecee.

Hi TreeTops,

I don't use Teamspeak but you can email me and I'll send you the files over, just pm me.

Craig

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk 2

Hi long time lurker here, I have converted most of the ozx libs to work with prepar3d 2.3. Some don't work but most do, if anyone is interested I can upload them?

Craig

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Craig , I'm interested please upload them.

steve

Edited by Mangoes

The developers are checking them now and it will probably take some time. Having unofficial OZx P3D named libraries posted here (even with the best of intent) will cause confusion down the track and it will be OZx which cops all the support questions. There wouldnt a problem sending the link to people's requests with the understanding that it is unsupported, but it wont be uploaded onto the OZx file server without the developers and testers giving OZx approval.

This library is based on the efforts of many developers over many years so we will tread carefully.

I too run P3D along with FSX so I would like to see the library successfully P3D compatible as well.

I hope this is understood.

Yes, I would like to know this too.

In my ignorance, I re-installed all my OZx stuff using the migrator when I got P3D 2.5 and completely messed up. I had to completely re-install P3D and most of my other stuff to get it working again. :growl::angry:

So, obviously, I don't want that happening again so would like to know what the current situation is. Are there any airports available that are P3D compatible please?

John