Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

tline

General Videos

954 posts in this topic

Good video and a fantastic route. The only thing that worried me was the driving along whilst looking down at the steering wheel! :o

and not stopping for passengers lol

No steering wheel i'll guess....

Here are two vids. One on the brand new Daytonford map, i did the tour right after the release, so it's a night ride! And one tour on the fabuleous Szczecin map. The same line Tline did above but then in the other direction. Enjoy the ride!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEp3t2hoUB4&feature=share&list=UUnvthfG2Yle13kLzENSAoDw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlyBH1pcDT0&feature=share&list=UUnvthfG2Yle13kLzENSAoDw

I recorded it with two different systems. Daytonford is recorded with Fraps and edited and compressed with Roxio Game Capture. Szczecin is recorded with Roxio Game Capture and edited and compressed with Pinnacle 11.

Nice work Mr Drive!

Just a tip: assuming you're not on an old 4:3 framed monitor, you can set the screen shape to 'widescreen' or 16:9 in your capture settings, and it'll look better and more natural. wink.png

PS.... Your Solaris in the first vid sounds like a SD200! ..... not great sounds. There's a much better sound upgrade available ;) ahem :smile:

Thanks!!

I'm not on a 4:3 monitor, i have a 27inch so 16:19 is more fitting. I juat have choosen a wrong compress setting sad.png, so it's not like the orginals i have here on my HD.

This is a competely unmodified Solaris. Since it will not work on Vlietburg (for me that is) i made a fresh start with it to see what the cause of that can be. At this moment i still don't know why the Solaris give problems and the strange thing is, it works fine on my older and weaker PC.

I shall install that soundmod again!

Nice touch and go! Bit harsh on the pitch changes and you're missing a flare, but for Omsi, very nice! (Maybe make the planes go the full length of the runway before taking flight again? Or go along a taxiway?)

Lovely airport though! (can we see the planes at night?) :)

The gradients have now been 'smoothed' on the airway, and there are now no visible jerky pitch changes. As I'm sure you know, a flare is not possible in OMSI... the object is just running on a spline and spline manipulation can't 'rotate' the object dynamically...........

"the object is just running on a spline and spline manipulation can't 'rotate' the object dynamically..........."

Is this you trying to make the plane bank? Cause It might be possible using cant on the spline?

"the object is just running on a spline and spline manipulation can't 'rotate' the object dynamically..........."

Is this you trying to make the plane bank? Cause It might be possible using cant on the spline?

No not banking mate, he's talking about flaring; the aircraft rotating back on it's a axis a little, just before landing, to "break the fall" as it were.

no, flare, I knew it wasn't possible (at least not with current Omsi limitations) which why I wrote "but for Omsi, very nice!" :)

Banking is possible, yes...

I see you have been working very hard to stretch Omsi and it's limitations! :)

It was just Road-Hog wanting to show off his knowledge Chris :smile: .....

The aircraft is already banking on it's flight path. ;)

At present I have aircrafts taking off and landing, and seperate aircraft taxying, but I may combine into a more realistic flight path, before release.... but the aircraft are never going to be flying to New York via VORs or High Altitude Airways via RNAV. ;) ........ it's a bus sim !!!!!! :smile:

No, I wasn't asking that... I was more surprised by a 727 doing a touch-and-go! :rofl2:

Edited by road-hog123

No, I wasn't asking that... I was more surprised by a 727 doing a touch-and-go! rofl.gif

How on Earth do you think 727 rated pilot learned to fly 727s? ........ Operational flights across continents? ........ Every single aircraft in the world (from a C152 to an Antonov AN-225) does Touch n Goes as part of training, maintenance and testing operations ...........

And for the purpose of this map (seeing as my approach is clearly humourous and inadequate to your expectations), how would you propose I implement the air traffic?

Full flights to Alaska......... ? :rolleye:

The Touch n Goes are the best way of the OMSI Driver (Bus Simulator remember?)... to get some immersion and atmosphere from the airport.

It's good to have a critical eye, but Road-Hog all you even seem to comment on, is the picky little 'faults' as you seem them, with people's work..... it's tiring and demotivating. chair.gif

I'll get back to my road signs...

I should have been more specific... I have never seen a 727 do a touch-and-go, but in Omsi, I get your point. What I was intending was that the touch could be extended down the runway... :)

I do appreciate your hard work ;)

Totally probable! You know how badly the highways agency treat them round here! :lol: I'll make them a bit more wonky so you can point that out to me! :)

there not really gone some have been scrapped others have been sent to hamburg and other german city as tour buses others ive been sent to eastern europe