Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
IW11

Armidale(YARM) to Coffs Harbour(YCFS) with A2A 172

I thought I'd take my "better half" to Coffs Harbour to wine & dine at the Jetty. The A2A 172 was gassed up & ready so we took it.

We tracked direct to Coffs until Ebor then tracked a bit north to avoid the "tiger country" to our right. If we have to put down in that "stuff" we would never be found, so we keep over more inviting country as a safety measure.That's the village of Ebor out the left side,

Uj5xJ.jpg

She doesn't look too bad, the Cessna I mean. It's Ron Attwood's paint.

iZM1.jpg

That's somewhere near The Dorrigo Mountain area across the right side of the panel

8Ziqz.jpg

Well what do ya know there's Bald Hills bush strip, down to the left! I didn't know that strip was in Ozx scenery until just now, isn't that cool!

M1sBS.jpg

I couldn't fly over and not show off the new 172 so we dropped in to have a quick "cuppa". I see a few gliders & a Cub, interesting.

z6muy.jpg

Well, you know what they say, time & tide wait for no person, so we have to get on our way again. That's Dorrigo over the panel

85ZEr.jpg

Only a few more minutes & we can see Coffs over the right side of the panel

xbvHk.jpg

Coffs Twr cleared us in from the north for rwy 21

iKCw0.jpg

That's the Jetty below, we will wine & dine there soon!

Kfg7.jpg

On the ground at Coffs and off to the Jetty for lunch.

MvzP7.jpg

The A2A Cessna is a great aircraft, 12 hrs on the clock & I haven't blown it up or suffered any breakages, in flight. I would expect that from a new aircraft.

I am even more impressed with Ozx having spotted the Bald Hills strip enroute.

Of course Orbx Coffs is just like the real deal too.

Enjoy

Ian

Edited by IW11