Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
brett2634

09S - Sullivan Lake State

Hello,

I wanted to upload my scenery here and ask for some constructive criticism and feedback. I feel like I have at least a small working knowledge of photoscenery, but I want to start learning ground poly and how to make objects outside of Sketchup.

The scenery can be found at Avsim, here: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxscen&DLID=179079

I can also upload it if allowed. I didn't see any intructions regarding scenery submissions (if I missed them, please let me know).

Thanks

Hi,

I just saw this. Thanks and I'll check the scenery out.

If you would like to upload any files here go to the "Downloads" section, and click on "Upload File", which is below the top right corner. You then just need to fill out a few details, upload a picture and upload your file. I think all files need to be approved before they become available for download, but that is done fairly quickly and after you have uploaded the file.

Cheers,

I just took a quick flight from 09s, and you've done a great job Brett. The blending and watermasks have been done really well, and the photo scenery looks good. To constructively criticise the colours could be matched a little more, although I only looked quickly at one season, and sometimes the FSX seasons don't change the same time as the resampled photo scenery. The photo scenery could probably also be enhanced with colour tools such as "Levels" and "Brightness/Contrast" and enhancement tools and filters, to make it a bit more crisp.

For example, to remove some of the haze that you get with nearly all aerial and satellite photography, you can use colour levels. This is usually the first thing I do when processing a satellite or aerial photo. If you adjust the black level in the input levels (in GIMP) from 0 to just around the lowest point on the left of the graph, you will see the haze virtually disappear. You can then adjust the white value (255) if needed also, but you will notice that adjusting this will actually re introduce the haze in to the picture. If adjusting the black level darkens the picture, you can then use brightness to lighten it. This takes a bit of experimentation, because most pictures will have different colour levels graphs.

This is just a general tip though. Overall, 09s looks really good as it is. Here are a few pics:

imlon.jpg

I4jm3.jpg

Cheers,