Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

whistlerhu

[Released]MAN Caetano Enigma

Question

(Of course, this is not my bus)
Author: Pedro
Download link: [Mod edit: Link removed due to malware reports.]

Finally, another coach!

From what I've tested, it was well-made and has many features(like a openable driver's door,hood and the foldable seat). Unfortunately, it doesn't have a ibis and is slightly poly-heavy.

EDIT:The passanger paths are a little strange, hope there will be a fix.

Edited by whistlerhu

15 answers to this question

I've removed the link due to getting malware reports from facebook itself and my antivirus, I'd be less iffy if only one went off, but this strikes me as odd. I also don't know how we stand with said site in question, I'd advise at the moment that it wouldn't be wise to post links to such as site.

Well, I didn't get malware reports, and I only got "leaving facebook" reports. Perhaps why the antivirus treated it as malware is because the file is a self unzippable DOS program, which have to be dealt with carefully.

Well, I didn't get malware reports, and I only got "leaving facebook" reports. Perhaps why the antivirus treated it as malware is because the file is a self unzippable DOS program, which have to be dealt with carefully.

Why someone even slightly consider using that method is a complete mystery fo me, especially for distributing a bus... :ermm:

my anti-virus also stopped me downloading this bus, no way am i taking the risk of it mucking up my computer

What can I say? Its exactly the same quality as the bus that Pedro had made for RoR. No textures changes anywhere.
Don't exactly know if they had proper permission from Pedro, but it does seem to comply by Pedro's terms and conditions (acknowledging, etc) so it should be quite "legal".

With all the interior lights being controlled by a single key (7), it can be quite a pain to drive it at night but other than that its pretty good for a coach by the standards of today.(There is no driver's light, that is what I mean. There is happily no glare from the interior lighting). However the model lacks many aspects required for a route in OMSI (destination displays, timetables, etc).

Screens:
5n1113.png
20z1p5h.png
14xkw1e.png

Since many members of the community find viruses in the links posted, I have uploaded a copy from my OMSI folder. (Its been scanned by Norton & Mediafire's antivirus and it came out fine).

Pedro makes great buses! (Wizard & others made and scripted the bus, but where will they be without Pedro's model?)

Having said a lot of negative comments above, Contractorily I actually quite like this bus, especially the automatic ZF Ecomat version (It's downshift is so similar to the best ZF in the world, the 6HP502). The 9900 will truly have a worthy competitor if only this model got some more work done on the textures, and also on destination displays as it lack any.

EDIT: If the above mirror violates any terms or conditions, please remove it. Until a "safe-for-everyone" link comes up... sometime

Edited by DavidH21

I'm likely to think that this is a unofficial and unapproved release. I'd say so given that I was interested in converting this bus to OMSI a year ago with a friend of mine, and I had my PM read and ignored by him. Of course that I'm not here to criticize his decision to not reply my message at that time, that's up to him, since I suppose that he might receive many requests like mine. But that "ignore" sounded to me like that he wouldn't be willing to authorize (almost) anyone to make a conversion.

Found this on another forum don't know if it helps.

A new coach from the author Pedro, who said that the bus is finally completed, but that's ready in about 70%. (The free bus is due to lack of time to OMSI). Partner community bus favorably evaluated.

Forum name omitted as I don't want to cause trouble.

Edited by bubbdamadaussie

Its a fairly good bus, Just needs some final touches! :)

I'd be willing to bet that this isn't a official release - I'm sure Pedro said he wouldn't be releasing anything else after the saga with the Camus so I'm staying well away from this (Who uses a DOS program anyway? :o )

Edited by chrisrose1993

I know. :(

To be honest, the bus looked ok, but it drove like a pile of ******* ! ........ It was clearly unfinished and the engine and transmission scripting was very clearly way off. It was far, far too overpowered. Obviously the author hadn't finished it.