Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Chuckinho

[MAP] Manly ACT THREE

MANLY WIP THANKS AND CREDITS
bear76 - timetabling, journals and timetables :)
Thiago - scripting
OhGaz - postboxes, phonebooths, busshelters, street objects

Howdy all those in OMSI land.

I am looking at making a map of the Manly/Lower Northern Beaches area and have been busily building some wee objects.

The plan is to drive on the left.

Below is a wee pic of some objects from my test area.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/0g4i.png/'>0g4i.png

A couple of wee questions ...

When I place my made objects in OMSI Editor, it moves a long way away, I assume there is some anchor in Blender that I need to move. Any ideas?

Does anyone know how to add labels to Objects? I have made a Green chevron guide sign an was looking to make various things editable including:
Name of the Road
Focal Points (towns)
Alphanumeric numbers where appropriate.
I was planning to use Roadgeek fonts to achieve this.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

In Blender where the origin of the "world" is, that is where the object snaps to your mouse at.
To add text, you need a plane in Blender to represent each textable area. Either these can be exported as one file with different textures, or as separate objects with the same texture.
Then in the sco file (or object configuration file for other items, like vehicles) you need to put:

0 <--- count of [texttexture] entries (starting at 0) [texttexture] <--- keyword 

Displaytext <--- variable name to display on label (or 0 for editable in game)

Busstopdisplay <--- Omsi-font (found in the fonts folder)

512 <--- image x size

128 <--- image y size

0 <--- font colour or defined colour (below)

20 <--- RGB values for colour
Then under the [mesh] entry you need:
[matl]
text.bmp <--- texture to be replaced with text

0 <--- texture material slot

[useTextTexture]

0 <--- which texttexture should be used

[matl_alpha] <--- the way the font is drawn

1<--- 1 or 2 should do it, experiment until it shows properly.

Hope this helps! :)

Edited by road-hog123

I'm wondering why suddenly we have three revealed upcoming Sydney (or near Sydney) maps, all in a week! :o

Anyway, good luck and hope it gets finished! :)

wow... everyone is such accomplished object creators etc... i think i should sit back and leave it to those who know what they are doing... lol....

im excited for everyones great work.... so glad to see some NSW presence in omsi......

wow... everyone is such accomplished object creators etc... i think i should sit back and leave it to those who know what they are doing... lol....

Definitely don't! :o Your WIP map is going really well so don't sit back now!

Thanks for the tutorial of sorts regarding Textareas...

I have created a fairly authentic Manly Council Street Sign with editable text.

w9x.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

My intention is to make a more generic street sign texture to share... :)

Does anyone know if you can put two different fonts in one sco file? It looks from my cursory glance that you can only do one.

The value above the [texttexture] part (which isn't actually neccessary) is the count of [texttexture entries]. If you add another (and up the number so it's easier to identify which is which) and change the number under [usetexttexture] to that number, then you can have many... :)

Thanks roadhog. that will help me too.

Wow. Great looking sign chuck! Just like manly's. So...condamine street eh? hmmm...surely we're gonna see some beaches at some point then! ;)

Edited by Oh Gaz

I'd love to show some beaches, but the most scenic route in these parts is the 136 which goes past North Steyne, Queenscliff, Freshie and Curly. I am gonna hold off on that route until OMSI 2 with its projected ability to import Google Earth topography. The Route is very scenic but also very hilly.

curlcurl_835.jpg?500

I went for a wee drive around Manly the other day and realised that there was a lot of signage around which you seldom notice unless you are looking for it.
As such I'm in the process of making a whole bunch of Aussie (NSW) road signs.

z376.png

Oh

MY

GOD !!!!!

I just went on a crazy search looking for aus street signs last week and gave up thinking there werent any then BOOM there is every street sign known to aussie man !!!!! they look tops !!!!!!

From here, yeah chuck? : http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=searchtrafficsigns.form

That's what I was basing mine on.

Well, considering you have created all these already, I'll throw mine in the bin! I mean I had a couple done, but a long list of things to get to....but you've certainly got a lot of choice here!

Where have you been hiding Chuck? Great work indeed.

They all work in OMSI editor now and I just need to fix some textures.
There are about 105 different signs from memory. That is the exact place I went for the RTA specs.
Though the Queensland site was much more useful.

I was thinking I might make a big signage pack including this lot as well as a council street sign template and some green chevrons, both with editable text fields abd appropriate fonts.

As for where I've been hiding... in plane view, I was in Germany a couple of weeks ago and stumbled on OMSI.

May I ask where you get your patience from, or have you not encountered a time when Omsi (to quote (and misspell "quote" many times) a Railworks phrase) "throws its toys out of the pram" yet? :) Great work!

Me too, I need to knuckle down and find/create some splines/intersections and convert them to left handed.
I have managed to change path directions in spline files but not intersections.

Intersections scare the heck out of me.

I was looking at the traffic flows around Manly and noticed that major roads like Pittwater Road, Condamine Street and Sydney Road are about 12m wide and have 2 lanes going each way. In some places these two lanes each way merge into one lane of traffic with the other being full of cars (which I assume would need a connector object/intersection. Then there are intersections with these 4 lane roads and other 4 lane roads, 3 lane roads, 2 lane roads and one way streets. There are also slip lanes at least at Seaforth and Manly... Generally I think I prefer roads without pedestrian pavements...

If you have any advice or splines/ objects to share, I would be very appreciative.

Sounds like a very complicated roading to me... seems like unless custom splines are created for this, you might need the Terrain Splines v3.1 (http://www.omnibussimulator.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=4086) and invisible splines which you can create the path for the roads yourself.

This will need somewhat medium skills and lots of patience!