Jokervation

General Video's of real busroutes

606 posts in this topic

Want to see another American bus video? Here's what my part of my newest map (still in public alpha though) looks like in real life.

Edited by MattBOnboardBus2100

Here we have National Express West Midlands 4938 "Charmaine" on Route 902. In front is National Express West Midlands 4916 "Sharlene" running late on the 904.

Many fun roads here in Norway. Curvy and tight. Ofcourse, this aint as much fun for buses and truckers.

Anyway, this is from Haukeliekspressen here in Norway. This is about an 8 hour drive from Haugesund on the west coast to Oslo in the east. The bus crosses the country in land over a mountain.
Notice at the 1:00 minute mark that the bus driver extract the mirror due to the narrow road:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WloUYclood8

Another video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IihcKUjFSUY

Edit: How do I embed Youtube videos?

Edited by NØGNE Ø

A quick video of one of my favourite routes, Go North East's X43, using a Volvo B7TL Plaxton President. The route operates between the Metrocentre, the 2nd largest shopping centre in the UK, and Stanley, a relatively populous town outside of Durham City:

National Express West Midlands Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 Trident (first one I have been on since November 2013) 4813 on Route 7.

I recommend you turn on annotations for this one, as I say which stop its at (and its basically the 904, but sister route 902) here is National Express West Midlands Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 4915 on Route 902 (recorded from Sutton Lower Parade - The Yenton)

Can't edit the previous post so.... National Express West Midlands Scania Omnicity DD BU08 DYB 4781 on Route 907

Edited by twmmcw

Today I recorded Transbus Trident Alexander ALX400 4471 on the 97, Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 4484 on the 65 and Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 4678 on the 11A. Here is my other video from today. National Express West Midlands Scania Omnilink 1875, in Crimson livery, on the 66.

National Express West Midlands Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 4678 on the 11A (Part 1)

National Express West Midlands Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 4678 on the 11A (Part 2)

National Express West Midlands Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 4484 on the 65

Edited by twmmcw

Front view of the 904 the Sutton Coldfield - Erdington section (higher quality and longer than 902 above). Courtesy of National Express West Midlands Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 E40D 4925.

Can tell the garage thanks to the radio at the end! NXWM ADL E400 4917 on the 905.

National Express West Midlands Platinum Enviro 400 MMC 6750 on Route 934 (part 1)

National Express West Midlands Platinum Enviro 400 MMC 6750 on Route 934 (part 1)

Now that thing sounds good! Nice throaty engine with a good reverb to it, and a lovely chorus of axle and retarder whines to boot.

Now that thing sounds good! Nice throaty engine with a good reverb to it, and a lovely chorus of axle and retarder whines to boot.

Part 2 of the video sees it going through a "limited stop" part of the route.

Thats not even the full experience of the route. Its supposed to have stop annoucements but they don't seem to work properly. However, I recorded the X51 on my way back (considering I have been to Walsall, Great Barr, Erdington and Sutton Coldfield today) and that had annoucements.

Bus is 6738. I recorded this from the front thinking that stop annoucements wouldn't work I have only done the route once recently (and someone else told me where to get off)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMs0XtU4UnQ&feature=youtu.be

Edited by twmmcw

Time to ride shotgun in this vid :D Here's First Somerset & Avon's 32007, an Alexander ALX400 bodied Volvo B7TL. New to First Bristol in 2000. Filmed running dead to Bath's Weston Island depot, via the Keynsham bypass (the depot is actually on its own island if you're interested)

Time to ride shotgun in this vid :D Here's First Somerset & Avon's 32007, an Alexander ALX400 bodied Volvo B7TL. New to First Bristol in 2000. Filmed running dead to Bath's Weston Island depot, via the Keynsham bypass (the depot is actually on its own island if you're interested

What a great sound that bus has. :)

National Express West Midlands Mercedes Benz 0405N 1585 on route 45 today (reinstated).

Please can a mod fix this? I have tried media tags and they won't work.

Edit Jokervation: when you place the link in the post, press enter twice to embed the video. ;)

Hillsbus Northmead m/o 1478 - Volvo B7RLE (ZF/Custom Coaches CB60) 

Filmed on Tuesday 27th October, 2015 on route 706 from Blacktown to Parramatta via Kings Langley & Winston Hills.

Engine: Volvo D7C Euro 2, 7.14 liter, 6 cylinder, 250hp
Gearbox: 5-speed ZF 5HP500 automatic
Bodywork: Custom Coaches CB60, built in 2002

Edited by Steven Foster

On 10/10/2015, 6:54:33, whistlehead said:

Yeah, the only problem with the MMC Euro-6 is its a little under-powered and struggles up the slightest hill.

National Express Coventry (on loan to West Midlands) Mercedes 0405N 1571 on the 297a [Coventry blue livery in the West Midlands!]

Edited by twmmcw

Now, all OMSI 904 Map players will recognise this. This is National Express West Midlands ADL Enviro 400 4917 on the 904 from Erdington - Bham City Centre via Aston Expressway [Perry Barr Garage]. Time to see what it's really like?

(Erdington Wilton Market - Erdington Six Ways - Gravelly Hill - Spaghetti Junction/Gravelly Hill Interchange - Aston Expressway - Aston University - Birmingham City Centre)

National Express West Midlands Volvo B7TL (Voith) Alexander ALX400 4291 on Route 65 (City Centre - Short Heath [65E/Tracline 65 terminus]) [Perry Barr Garage] {My favourite route}

(Birmingham City Centre/Birmingham Priory Queensway - Corporation Street - The Mount - Aston Flyover/Aston Expressway Flyover [Missed due to diversion] - Aston Cross/Lichfield Rd - Spaghetti Junction/Gravelly Hill - Slade Rd - Stockland Green - Short Heath [65E Terminus and former Tracline 65 terminus])

National Express West Midlands ADL Enviro 400 4736 on Route 51 (clips taken from Walsall to Birmingham) [Walsall Garage]

National Express West Midlands Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 4481 on Route 65 [Perry Barr Garage]

(Birmingham City Centre/Birmingham Priory Queensway - Corporation Street - The Mount - Aston Flyover/Aston Expressway Flyover [Missed due to diversion] - Aston Cross/Lichfield Rd - Spaghetti Junction/Gravelly Hill - Slade Rd - Stockland Green - Short Heath - Perry Common 'the spinney'/Witton Lodge Rd/Court Ln)

National Express West Midlands Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 4924 on Route 905 [Perry Barr Garage]

National Express West Midlands Scania Omnilink 15C (Erdington/Sutton Coldfield Circular) [Perry Barr Garage]

National Express West Midlands Volvo B7TL Alexander ALX400 4255 on Route 904E (School board, becoming 874 in Sutton Coldfield, only Erdington-Sutton Coldfield 904E Extra Extra Short Journey)

Edited by twmmcw

The 4th and 5th B7RLEs I have been on! Both are on route 301 operated by NXWM Walsall Bus Garage, however Rotala/Diamond also operate the route.

The first video shows National Express West Midlands 1752 from Walsall Bus Station to Bloxwich (the route passes Walsall Bus Garage, it's where the man in NX hi vis gets off). I also show the bus leaving the Mossley terminus.

On the way back to Walsall Bus Station, where I walked to Walsall Bradford Place to catch the 4M to West Bromwich and then got another 4M there to Merry Hill and afterwards filmed 44 minutes on Trident 4437, I caught National Express West Midlands B7RLE 1754. This is a shorter video due to traffic, from Mossley Terminus.

Edited by twmmcw