Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Akinesis

My first airfield - Orange YORG under construction!

One additional thing - what are these called in the library?:

2013-2-12_21-46-42-535_zps7e1bc115.jpg

I cannot find them at all, but they appear at most airfield so they are there somewhere. At the moment, I have used another concrete alternative, but they don't look as good!

One additional thing - what are these called in the library?:

2013-2-12_21-46-42-535_zps7e1bc115.jpg

I cannot find them at all, but they appear at most airfield so they are there somewhere. At the moment, I have used another concrete alternative, but they don't look as good!

Hello Akinesis,

These objects are called "runway gable markers".

Congrates on your work. It is looking really good mate!

Thanks for all the support guys! It's been great learning how to do all this. Orange was perhaps an intermediate airfield to try and produce first, but there's nothing like being thrown in the deep end to try and learn this stuff :)

Just need to get this dev tested for submission.

I'm already underway with the next airport (Condobolin). Thought I would give myself a couple of the easier ones to do before I attempt another like Orange.

Many thanks to all of you!

He's fixing up some problems with the files, please don't pressure the developer, give him a little space to complete things at his own pace :)

It will be out when it's ready :thumbsup:

Sorry to bring up an older thread, but does anyone have an idea on what has happened with this project which I must say was looking very promising.

I have my first nav flight from Camden to Orange in 2 weeks and would of loved to have this airport to practice with!

Cheers,

Ollie

Necro-posting!!!

Wait, it's my own thread...

OK, so I feel that I owe an explanation as there were clearly people looking forward to this being release. Well...

Initially I was furious. This topic should show how hard I worked on this airfield. When I sent it off for review, it came back with a lot of things wrong with the way I had constructed the scenery (for OzX policy). The 'repair' work I needed to do pretty much meant I would have to start the whole airfield from scratch. Not only that, I was a few clicks away from finishing my next airfield, which had been constructed in the same way. I hope people can understand the amount of work that goes into these things and, therefore, realise how disheartened I was to discover I had to start over. I should have spent more time researching the requirements instead of diving straight in. Plus Orange was perhaps not the best airfield to start with - something smaller would have made the injury less severe. Who'd have thought that one could rage-quit from FSX?!

There were many other things that happened after I cooled down that prevented my return. Marriage, twin daughters and operations were also in play. And Kerbal Space Program also took front seat when I did have free time. I'm a sucker for rockets.

But now I am coming back around. I have started my PPL, which has really re-ignited my interest. In addition, I am hopefully moving to Australia next October after a job offer came through at the beginning of this month. So I'm doubly-keen. As we speak, I am updating my FSX files so I can take to the virtual Aussie air again. And the airfield development side of things has never really left my mind. I do love it.

So what now? Well, I have to re-learn how to do all this development stuff. In addition, I have to figure out where I left things. I will have to see if I really do need to start from scratch or whether I can actually repair the boo-boos. What I might look at doing is picking a small, easy airfield to crack on with. Then I will submit that and, if all is well this time, start over with the larger airfields like Orange. The work I have done on YORG so far is actually a finished product. But it does not conform to OzX's requirements. I'll have to look where I stand legally and morally, but if people are desperate for it I could maybe look into an 'unofficial' release until I can do things properly. I'll have to see.

So, apologies for a sudden absence. Initially, I was a little frustrated. But when things did calm down real-life didn't permit me to commit the time anyhow. But I seem to be here now, and I will look to pick up where I left off. I just need a bit of time to get my head around things again.

Cheers!

I was also going to say something. If the airport has been finished but not according to OZx standard then you can release it here as a third party package. No point you spending lots of time redoing it as it would be better spent on a new airstrip.

As far as legally and morally go, if you use OZx libraries we only request you upload your scenery here as a third party release which has been done plenty of times.

This has always been the way it was done with budding developers. Cut your teeth on a scenery and learn the craft, under the guidance of the OZx developers and testers of the day and release it as a third party package. Then if you wish, you would be considered to become an OZx developer. You would be very welcome to become an OZx developer as we currently have more testers than active developers.

Thanks guys!

I will consider that, TreeTops. I will have to reload the files and ask some testers to try it out. I'll do whatever needs to be done with regards to scenery on a third party release. I have used many of the existing files and created some of my own, which I do not mind sharing at all. So I would ask for your help on what I need to do exactly.

I spent most of last night updating all my programs. So it will be a few days before I can really get my teeth into the scenery development again. But I really can't wait to get stuck in!! This time, I will be much more thorough on my progress just so any developers can stop me if I'm starting to do something wrong. Before that, I will have a good read up one these forums, though!! :blush:

Edited by Akinesis

Good to hear that you are continuing with Orange. Looks bloody good for a first attempt at a scenery. I have a partly completed Orange scenery from a few years back. The taxiways have changed from the Google Earth imagery I used so it's good to see an updated scenery on it's way. I'll have a rummage around on my old hard drive and see if I have any photos there that may be of use.

Cheers Tony

Thanks for the photo's!

Looking at the terminal I did for comparison, the front is not a bad attempt. The back is actually a mirror of the front (but if you're seeing the back of the terminal from an aeroplane, something has gone horribly wrong!

I think I can release this as a temporary measure at the very least. it was a mistake to do an airfield like this as a first attempt, but it certainly is usable. This will need to be released as a third-party add-on using OzX scenery until I can get around to a remaking the airfield under OzX requirements. I've started on a much more forgiving airfield for the time being.

What I am after now is some testers for my Orange attempt.

Any takers?

Mate when it comes to testing I'm like the battery - ever ready :cool: - there's probably a big queue of testers now but Christmas may intervene a little .....