OMSI Maps :: Bowdenham V3

2,053 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks for the info too Mark !

Posted (edited)

Do bowdenham overwrite things for us that also play scunthorpe,cantebury and newcastle?

i mean except for the buses are there any changes in roads,signs etc..

I have backed up the whole omsi folder (11gb) incase, or should i be fine and just need to keep a backup of the Vechicle folder?

havent had time to test all the other maps with bowdenham installed

Edited by Gilgamesh

Posted

No it doesn't change anything. ;)

Posted

@dazza1980: Please check your PM. Thanks

By the way, I absolutely love this map!

Posted

Here's a few more screenshots from my modified "AI lists" Bowdenham map with totally 1990's South Yorkshire repaints:

omsibowdenham018.png

omsibowdenham021.png

A Sheaf Line NL202 operates the 92 in competition with Yorkshire Terrier.

Sheaf Line was originally an independent Sheffield operator, but was acquired by SYT in the late 1980's and kept initially as a "low-cost" operation until it was absorbed into Mainline.

omsibowdenham020.png

A convoy of NL202's in Apsley Town Centre; from left-to-right are Sheffield Mainline (SYT), Sheffield Omnibus and Yorkshire Terrier.

omsibowdenham019.png

Pictured at the Apsley Station terminus is a Sheffield Omnibus D92. I've re-worked this repaint tonight to include red seating and green handrails as per the batch of L-reg Olympians Sheffield Omnibus purchased in 1993:

5918761796_a0936edb56_z.jpg

This D92 is still work in progress and I think the blue skirt needs raising slightly.

...and finally, here's Bramley Depot (now operated by Sheffield Omnibus) with static vehicles:

omsibowdenham022.png

omsibowdenham023.png

All will be released soon.

Posted

Wow! Had to look at least five times to see the overview of the depot was in fact an ingame screenshot!

Posted (edited)

I downloaded Sheffeld Man NL202 realy like it, thanks very nice bus fantastic job can't wait for the Sheffield Omnibus D92

Edited by Gilgamesh

Posted

Dang, Mark has out done himself again. Good job on that depot. With all the repaints and updated depots, This map has been bumped up to the next level.

Posted

All I can say to the map and the repaints that go with it is its AMAZING!!!!!! And as a proud Yorkshireman I totally feel right at home!!!!! :) :) :)

Posted

WOW 1000-times. Big Thanks for your work, this map is the best OMSI map for me. I think you should have a donation link .. It would be good to support you , that in the future we can have such beautiful map like this.

One more Thanks!!! applause.gif

Posted (edited)

I just love this amazing map

it would have been even better if bus stopping at D,E,F on road instead stop inside busterminal

This is what I do:

X52 stop at Lane 1 , 521 Lane 2 (together with N52,x53), 524 at lane 3, 520/522/523/525/n90/sch52 at lane 4,

Lane 5 is perfect for 93 and at Lane 6 goes 92,92A,92B,96,96A

thats it all buses going in direction wotton stop inside busterminal and all buses direction trainstation goes on the road

Whats funny is that people will still board the bus even if stopping inside busterminal

but thats just my take of it i kind of like buses stopping inside terminal

Edited by Gilgamesh

Posted (edited)

Post Removed - problem solved

Edited by Gary Hunter

Posted (edited)

...and finally, here's Bramley Depot (now operated by Sheffield Omnibus) with static vehicles:

omsibowdenham022.png

omsibowdenham023.png

All will be released soon.

Thanks, Installed it but it don't display what did i do wrong?

the Static_vehicles_MH is in:

F:\GOPLAY\OMSI\Sceneryobjects\Static_Vehicles_MH

Edited by Gilgamesh

Posted

Hi guys the Bowdenham map looks awesome, but im having trouble with missing scenery in the game and not sure what ive done wrong in the install? ive put everything in the right place (i think) but it kind of looks like im driving in a jungle or an apocalyptic world heres a screen shot:;

theendisnearrepentnow.png

Posted (edited)

Hi loanraver,

I recognise that, that's the junction for Princess Kate Hospital. Looks like you're missing simplestreets mate.

It can be downloaded via the thread on the official OMSI forums: http://omnibussimula...-in-entwicklung

Alternatively, you can use the OMSI Addon Manager to download simplestreets that way.

Unfortunately the author will not allow the files to be hosted on other sites, such as here at aussiex.

Have any troubles getting it, let us know in this thread.

Edited by Dav

Posted (edited)

Hi loanraver,

I recognise that, that's the junction for Princess Kate Hospital. Looks like you're missing simplestreets mate.

It can be downloaded via the thread on the official OMSI forums: http://omnibussimula...-in-entwicklung

Alternatively, you can use the OMSI Addon Manager to download simplestreets that way.

Unfortunately the author will not allow the files to be hosted on other sites, such as here at aussiex.

Have any troubles getting it, let us know in this thread.

Thank you for the reply, yes it did indeed mention something about simple streets on a missing scenery prompt message.

ill give that ago and see what happens afro.png

The problem is fixed at last, i think the second problem i had was because i changed the a.i list to use my personly Favorite repaints but the game didnt like that.

Edited by loanraver

Posted

Managed to get a couple of shots this morning of a new operator in Bowdenham using SD77's:

omsibowdenham028.png

omsibowdenham029.png

Posted

Really nice Mark... But SYT ain't gonna like this! ;)

Posted

Hello,

I have a problem which is, that every time i drive a Bus [Man SD77]on this map it jumps, but then i play it on other maps its fine? I have tried to increase/decrease faps rate & tried 2009 and lower config but its no good? Any suggestions?

Posted

Hello,

I have a problem which is, that every time i drive a Bus [Man SD77]on this map it jumps, but then i play it on other maps its fine? I have tried to increase/decrease faps rate & tried 2009 and lower config but its no good? Any suggestions?

Depending on what ram you have got and what GPU you use, but on the options screen in Graphics (Advanced) ive set Max, Tex Mem for high-res Tex load: to 2048

and Real Time Reflections Texture Size to 512

untick Light Map of Terrain,

on the a.i Traffic ive set, Road Traffic Max Count: Unscheduled to 100 and Parked Cars to 50%

Scheduled (e.g buses) to 500 you might want 400

and schedule priority to the 2nd notch, hope that helps mate!

Posted

Depending on what ram you have got and what GPU you use, but on the options screen in Graphics (Advanced) ive set Max, Tex Mem for high-res Tex load: to 2048

and Real Time Reflections Texture Size to 512

untick Light Map of Terrain,

on the a.i Traffic ive set, Road Traffic Max Count: Unscheduled to 100 and Parked Cars to 50%

Scheduled (e.g buses) to 500 you might want 400

and schedule priority to the 2nd notch, hope that helps mate!

Thank You Mate, it works [No more jumping Buses].

Posted

Wow, Mark! Ypu have outdone yourself again! Loving the Bowdenham Buses reskin. Im going to have to run over to the download section shortly!

Posted

Thank You Mate, it works [No more jumping Buses].

no problem, glad it helped you

Posted (edited)

I have another problem that it the AI buses doesn't open the door for passenger. Somebody who know what's the problem is. But it is a really great map tough.10i5khx.jpg

Edited by startsmart

Posted

Hi, Sorry I haven't said it yet but this is a great map, I haven't played much else since its release, so thank you very much for it. Really liking the 52# lines at the moment especially the 524, on which some places seem familiar, showing it's possible to make a realistic looking fictional map. Apart from the bounding box issues I have had from some hedges the only fault I have come across is in SYT's duty 107, where at 16:50 there is a 520 run from Apsley to Wotton after a 523 run from Apsley to Wotton and before an X52 run from Apsley to Wotton. Thanks again for a great map, Liam